Sports Hawaii March Madness Brackets

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

flipen wrote:I picked duke to make it to the finals, and they lose..bad for my bracket, but good for me! I'm one of those Duke haters.. :lol:
Same here. I had them in the Final Four! But, I love the fact they are out of the Big Dance!

Personally, I think ACC Basketball should be banned from ever playing in the NCAA Tournament!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Woo-hoo! My ranking went from 1,054,525 to 898,286! I just passed over 100,000 people, I STILL ROCK!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

HaoleBoi808
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Los Angeles Angels
NFL: Tennessee Titans

Tied for 2nd!

Post by HaoleBoi808 »

my bracket (under the name UofHawaiiWarriorsfan41) is tied for 2nd! i can't believe it! only 1 point from being in 1st. 3 of 4 final four picks still intact although one of my champ. game participants (texas) got a scare 2night.

but this is my history in fantasy type events... start out strong and fall when the game(s) is/are on the line. we'll see what happens

go texas and uconn!
Eh! Howzit Bruddah!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

wyokie wrote:Personally, I think ACC Basketball should be banned from ever playing in the NCAA Tournament!
Why is that? Please explain :-?
For me I think the ACC is the most exciting league in terms of Basketball.
That's like saying keep the Big10 out of the BCS :-?

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote:
wyokie wrote:Personally, I think ACC Basketball should be banned from ever playing in the NCAA Tournament!
Why is that? Please explain :-?
For me I think the ACC is the most exciting league in terms of Basketball.
That's like saying keep the Big10 out of the BCS :-?
O.K. The ACC basketball-wise at least to me is the NFL compared to the rest of college basketball. The media (especially Vitale) absolutely LOVES the ACC to the point it makes me want to start "Colting."

On a slightly different note, if I was running the NCAA here's what I would do for the bowl games:

A) Require that only HALF of a conference's membership be allowed a guaranteed bowl spot. In other words, if a conference has 12 members then only 6 can be guaranteed a spot. The Big 12 #7 should NEVER be allowed an automatic spot.

B) Besides having a winning record overall, you should have to at least have a .500 mark in conference play to be eligble to go bowling. No more SEC teams with 3-5 conference marks going to a bowl.

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

I disagree slightly. I feel like the media bias is towards the Big East, interms of B-Ball. Really, the ACC is the best B-Ball confrence, for me. Duke, NC, BC, NCST, A very underrated FSU, Miami, who recruit VERY well etc. Its good top to bottom. I think the Big Ten is over-rated (atleast this year) but certainly, they can be great. People think that things can be evened up (interms of power between mid-majors, and powerhouse teams) but in reality, that was screwed up long ago, by money. If a team was able to get more money in their program, they could become more dominate. The result lasts to this day, and I think, now, it's irreversable, because that money in-balance has caused some teams to gain more prestege, which cannot be overcome. I hope I'm making sense (I just came back from classes).
That's my fear with UH, that the years of unfair inbalance in money-power compared to other universities, will screw us from becoming as great as we all hope we will.
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

BKWarrior wrote:That's my fear with UH, that the years of unfair inbalance in money-power compared to other universities, will screw us from becoming as great as we all hope we will.
Ditto on my fears for both Hawaii AND Wyoming. Oklahoma's football budget is probably double that of the entire athletic budgets for BOTH UH and UWyo combined!! I don't want to even think about Texas' football budget, never mind their entire athletic department budget.

masu
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by masu »

Mark Rolfing on the Golf Channel was asked if his basketball team was still in contention in the tourney... His response was "What, University of Hawaii, I don't think so."

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

This tourney rocks!!! Great games! This what its all about!
No matter what, be happy you still got your health!

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

It's wrong that a New York based team is not in it! :evil: New York is basketball, how can we not of a Syracuse, or St. Johns, or Hofstra, makes me sick :x

Actually, it's been a hell ova turnament. Very exciting stuff. Just a bit dissapointing from the viewpoint that my picks for the final 4 are all gone!
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

I guess I can look at the bright side, at least I'm beating BigWave :P

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

warriorfan808 wrote:I guess I can look at the bright side, at least I'm beating BigWave :P
Good point! :rofl:

I'm in the middle of the pack. Half of my Final Four is still alive.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Can you believe all the upsets?

If I checked it right, only peoples champ and Scott have UCLA still going and a chance to overtake UofHawaiiWarriorsFan41.

HaoleBoi808
MLB: Los Angeles Angels
NFL: Tennessee Titans

All i need is GM and LSU!

Post by HaoleBoi808 »

all i need is Geroge Mason and LSU to reach the champ. gaame and i win! i believe that this can happen. UConn was possibly the best overall team in the tourny, but they didn't show it today and the way GM was playing they today, i give them the edge over Florida. and to have beaten Duke and Texas in the sweet 16 i like LSU to knock off UCLA.

btw, now that it is down to the final four, what r we plaing for? pride? recognision? prizes? i'm completely sorry if i have missed it from previous posts, i jut thought "hey! what thell! i'll give it a shot never any good, but ill try" and now look i'm in 1st!
Eh! Howzit Bruddah!

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

George Mason is just livin every mid-major's dream so far..makin that final four..only in tournament play can this happen..and yet nothing like this may ever be witnessed in college football..