Anyone know a place to watch UFC 58 other than east side

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

noasark2x2 wrote:Scott I am interrested!!! I have 5 guys who are willing to drop money to cover the bill as well as order food to make it worthwhile.

PC I would come but it seems kind of intrusive of me and my friends to show up at someones house that we have never met.
I'll let you all know by tomorrow, I won't be able to make it because I have a birthday party to go to. I'm sure if you bring five guys and eat there then that will make Lance (the owner) happy. Don't worry about paying for the PPV. Also you can bring your own cooler with beers etc with no corkage fee. I'll let you guys know by tomorrow.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Scott wrote:
noasark2x2 wrote:Scott I am interrested!!! I have 5 guys who are willing to drop money to cover the bill as well as order food to make it worthwhile.

PC I would come but it seems kind of intrusive of me and my friends to show up at someones house that we have never met.
I'll let you all know by tomorrow, I won't be able to make it because I have a birthday party to go to. I'm sure if you bring five guys and eat there then that will make Lance (the owner) happy. Don't worry about paying for the PPV. Also you can bring your own cooler with beers etc with no corkage fee. I'll let you guys know by tomorrow.
What time does it start? Man, I might make it there too if I can bring my own beers.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

warriorfan808 wrote:
Scott wrote:

What time does it start? Man, I might make it there too if I can bring my own beers.
It says 10PM EST so I'm guessing 5:00 PM Hawaii time?

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=event.ppvhome

Mahalo,
Scott

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Ravens

Let me tell you how great this forum is

Post by noasark2x2 »

Because I was asking about this a friend of mine who I did not know uses this forum called me and said I could get a cable box for $7 a month. So if I get a box for this month then I can get the fight. I am trying to find out if I can return the box before april and not have to pay for every month as I would not need it until Matt Hughes fights Gracie and then when football comes around. Cable Guy I forgot to ask you what your handle is call me back.
But with the weather the way it is Abbey Brewsters might be our best bet
Let's Go Bows

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Let me tell you how great this forum is

Post by Scott »

noasark2x2 wrote:Because I was asking about this a friend of mine who I did not know uses this forum called me and said I could get a cable box for $7 a month. So if I get a box for this month then I can get the fight. I am trying to find out if I can return the box before april and not have to pay for every month as I would not need it until Matt Hughes fights Gracie and then when football comes around. Cable Guy I forgot to ask you what your handle is call me back.
But with the weather the way it is Abbey Brewsters might be our best bet
I had the same experience, cp222 was posting on this site since 2004 and a few months back he saw a picture of me in the forums and recognized me. We were classmates from highschool. noasark2x2 let me know if you'll be coming saturday and I'll find out by tonight if we will be televising it. Thank you!

Mahalo,
Scott

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter

Post by noasark2x2 »

Hey we going to watch at my house on Saturday if anyone would like to come let me know. PC Boy you are def invited. Anyone who has all kinds of people all over his house on Super Bowl Sunday is cool with me.

Scott I noticed that you live in Kaneoehe also so you can come right over as I live right behind Heiea School. If anyone wants to come just PM me and I will give you directions.
Let's Go Bows

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

Thanks for the invite but I think I'm staying home since my friends are coming over and I don't think they wanna drive half way around the island for this.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

BIG money is being dropped on GSP. Line opened at Penn -115 and GSP -115 which pretty much means it a pickum. Now its Penn +143 and GSP -140

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter

Post by noasark2x2 »

that is cool
Let's Go Bows

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

GSP scares me man. I was going over the fight he had with Trigg, manhandled him. Kinda like how BJ Penn manhandled Hughes. GSP isn't nearly as good of a striker as Gomi or half as good of a grappler as Hughes, so following my logic BJ should win hands down. Then again, anything can happen in MMA.

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter

Post by noasark2x2 »

GSP is going to provide BJ with the toughest match he has ever faced. But I think that so any people are going GSP because in continental america pretty much UFC is the only MMA that is seen. So in a lot of their minds BJ has not fought in 3 years at all. No one realizes that he has actually been active.
But still GSP is a great fighter and he will come with a chip on his shoulder as he feels that he should be fighting Matt Hughes this time.
Let's Go Bows

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

noasark2x2 wrote:I live right behind Heiea School
How come your location says Honolulu?

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter

Post by noasark2x2 »

Shoots I forgot to change it I just moved to Kaneohe about a month ago thanks for the heads up though
Let's Go Bows

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Incidently, what's the population for Kaneohe anyway?

Here's the populations of two cities I lived in:

Casper, Wyoming: roughly 46,000 (at one time in the 1980s was the LARGEST city in Wyoming, now it's Cheyenne, the state capitol)

Oklahoma City roughly 480,000 (not counting suburbs like Midwest City, Norman, Moore, etc...)

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

noasark2x2 wrote:Shoots I forgot to change it I just moved to Kaneohe about a month ago thanks for the heads up though
Dea you go....
One for the good ole 96744 \:D/