Esara Tuaolo's Book...........

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Message
Author
lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:01 pm
Location: Kamuela, HI

#16 Post by lewpac » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:51 am

I suppose it was just a matter of time. There are a number of people discussing this subject on this board, but Galagalas has to go into the gutter besmirching me and calling names. Typically, while not in agreement with my opinion, the recourse is to assign a shitty attitute toward me and accuse me of having gay tendicies. Not even worth defending and useless dealing with a fool.
I started this thread with a bent toward sports, as it should be on this board. My second post continued addressing this issue in the sporting world. If I had wanted to discuss homosexuality alone, I would have gone to another board.
I continue to seek input about this unique situation in locker rooms that would never be decorated in pink an chiffon, and never smell of lilacs and roses. THAT was my original thinking when I started this post, not a fascination with the gay/lesbian world. I find the many points of view interesting and worthy of digesting and consideration. Galagalas' thought's however, are not among them.

User avatar
galagalas
Starter
Starter
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:58 am

#17 Post by galagalas » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:21 am

lewpac wrote:There are a number of people discussing this subject on this board, but Galagalas has to go into the gutter besmirching me and calling names. Typically, while not in agreement with my opinion, the recourse is to assign a shitty attitute toward me and accuse me of having gay tendicies. Not even worth defending and useless dealing with a fool. I started this thread with a bent toward sports, as it should be on this board. My second post continued addressing this issue in the sporting world. If I had wanted to discuss homosexuality alone, I would have gone to another board.
i'm sorry lewpac, but what does this post have to do with sports:
lewpac wrote:BKWarrior, you mention being "black" and "Italian". I'm half Lebanese (Arab), which in the modern world, the last five years have been a little scary.
These are all "the way we were born". Out of our control. That's why both Jesse Jackson and the White Supremist are both wrong. The individual person has NO control over birthright.
We DO have control over how alchohol or drugs or who we decide to have sex with effects our lives.
If one decide's to insert his private male part into another males private orivace, that's a decision that one has to live with. Noone chained and shackled such a person to do such a thing. AIDS is the option you may collect if YOU decide to proceed. And then they blame Reagan and G. Bush for their death wish.
There's a difference between being born black, hispanic, a woman, arab, italian, etc............and choosing to have sex with a partner of the same sex.
I love all of God's people, and wish prosperity and health to every soul.
But if YOU choose NOT to play by the rules, you expose yourself to the consequences....................
sorry if my previous post upset you, but you're actually the one who brought the conversation from the topic of a gay football player down into the gutter, suggesting that gay people deserve to get AIDS. and now you're conveniently playing the victim so you can avoid addressing the points other people have brought up.

and i'm sorry if you thought i was accusing you of being gay. you certainly are not. after all, you did make the decision to become heterosexual. i was just trying to pin down at which point you decided to become one. i mean, since you think it's a choice, there must have been a time when you had to make that choice. oh well, since you won't listen to what i have to say, good luck as you "seek input about this unique situation in locker rooms" wherever you go.

User avatar
BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2555
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:26 pm
Location: Brooklyn,NY (but now at UW-Madison)

#18 Post by BKWarrior » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:38 am

We had a girl on our football team. She was horrible, but it was distracting. However, had we won (we sucked that year) it would not have mattered. I look at Jeff Garcia. Many accused him of being gay, well, the niners won in his tenure. He left, they lost(and I think they have been failing since he left). Point is, it's a distraction more so if your losing. Unless the gay player has teammates who are homophobic or extremly religious, I don't think many people would care.
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

User avatar
warriorfan808
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9201
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:38 pm
Location: Aiea

#19 Post by warriorfan808 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:05 am

Here's a scary thought,

In Africa, African males believe if that they'll be cleaned of all diseases if they have sex with a virgin. Guys are raping little girls left and right.

User avatar
BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2555
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:26 pm
Location: Brooklyn,NY (but now at UW-Madison)

#20 Post by BKWarrior » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:56 pm

Africa's a mess. Genocide, Aids, meaningless wars. You have to wonder if things would be diffrent if the Europeans hadn't messed around, and stripped their lands, treasures, and peoples. My black half is ashamed of my italian half right now :evil:
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 19292
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:54 pm
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Seattle Seahawks
Location: Oklahoma City via Casper, WYO
Contact:

#21 Post by wyokie » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:12 pm

BKWarrior wrote:Africa's a mess. Genocide, Aids, meaningless wars. You have to wonder if things would be diffrent if the Europeans hadn't messed around, and stripped their lands, treasures, and peoples. My black half is ashamed of my italian half right now :evil:
Sometimes I wonder what could've happened had first American settlers in the late 1700s hadn't started stealing lands from the Native Americans plus the Indian Wars from the 1860s thru the 1890s. It was the plight of the Native Americans that got me interested in history in the FIRST place.

Now my interest in history has been based around the Far East (China, Japan, etc...) and especially the Philippines plus polynesia (sp?).

User avatar
BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2555
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:26 pm
Location: Brooklyn,NY (but now at UW-Madison)

#22 Post by BKWarrior » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:46 am

Well, many peoples have been wiped out. I guess there's no use in dwelling. We must not forget, ofcourse, but you can't change what happened. It just all the hate, you know?

I also wondered why all of the races were orginally seperated. I love how we intergrated American society (not the method, but just how it's turned out) but you must admit, things were more peaceful when diffrent races were seperate, again that's not how I want it to be, but look at NY. The city is basically segregated, and really, that's the only thing that keeps the city from getting violent. It's a damn shame! :cry:
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:01 pm
Location: Kamuela, HI

#23 Post by lewpac » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:40 am

I should probably not do this, but my response to you is the following....
I never once said, indicated, or in any way suggested that gay folk, or ANY person for that matter DESERVES to get AIDS or any other malady.
The fact that AIDS is a (with very minor exceptions) behavior driven and by all means can be avoided is the hands-down truth that nobody wants to talk about. The PC liberal slant is "anyone can get AIDS", to dismiss the responsibility from those who've contracted it by sexual activities, drug activities, etc....... I know, I know, we have to hear about the 2 nurses, 1 dentist, and three others who got it from blood transfusions to get needle users and gay men off the hook!
Anybody can get AIDS huh? Not me! Unless I accidently sit upon anothers penis or accidently shove an infected needle in my forearm's largest vein, I don't think so. I'm 45 years old, probably ran accross a couple hundred thousand people in my life by now, and never met, knew or even heard about ANYONE I've ever associated with having AIDS.
If it were so mainstream like they shove down our throats to soften it up, you'd think that by now about 1/3 of the population would have it.
You're a stereotypical apologist and politically correct parrot, more afraid of hurting feelings than being truthfull.
Typically, anyone who doesn't pat homosexuality on the back and give risky behavior a pass is a "hatefull, bigoted, narrowminded conservative Republican". Unoriginal and in need of nothing but talking point surface vocabulary on your part.
Real love and caring directs it's efforts at helping people (including gay/lesbian people) by being truthfull. What's the first step in all these recovery programs for alcholics, addicts, etc.........? Admission of the problem! Quit lying to yourself. Get honest. Address the facts and quit running from it. Stop rationalizing and covering up. Only then can one move on toward other steps to stop the bleeding.
So, if you sleep better at night because in your mind you're "understanding, caring, accepting, open minded, non-judgemental", then sweet dreams. Some of us really care about all of God's people, including gay/lesbian folk, and will look them in the eye and be truthfull with them about whatever. But that takes a little courage and alot of balls, something you may not possess.

User avatar
galagalas
Starter
Starter
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:58 am

#24 Post by galagalas » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:30 am

lewpac, you're too funny.
lewpac wrote:I never once said, indicated, or in any way suggested that gay folk, or ANY person for that matter DESERVES to get AIDS or any other malady.
from one of your previous posts:
lewpac wrote:If one decide's to insert his private male part into another males private orivace, that's a decision that one has to live with. Noone chained and shackled such a person to do such a thing. AIDS is the option you may collect if YOU decide to proceed.
you're right, i don't think you did anything to suggest that gays deserve to get what's coming to them. you go on...
lewpac wrote:The fact that AIDS is a (with very minor exceptions) behavior driven and by all means can be avoided is the hands-down truth that nobody wants to talk about. The PC liberal slant is "anyone can get AIDS", to dismiss the responsibility from those who've contracted it by sexual activities, drug activities, etc.......
are you trying to set up a straw man here? i don't think anybody disputes that most people get infected with HIV through sex and sharing needles. what's the "etc." part of your sentence? just curious.
lewpac wrote:I know, I know, we have to hear about the 2 nurses, 1 dentist, and three others who got it from blood transfusions to get needle users and gay men off the hook!
Anybody can get AIDS huh? Not me! Unless I accidently sit upon anothers penis or accidently shove an infected needle in my forearm's largest vein, I don't think so.
you could also get it by having sex with a woman. so i assume this is nothing we have to worry about either? :lol:
lewpac wrote:I'm 45 years old, probably ran accross a couple hundred thousand people in my life by now, and never met, knew or even heard about ANYONE I've ever associated with having AIDS.
wow, lucky you, considering there are nearly 3000 people living with HIV/AIDS in Hawaii. but i guess you don't go to Ala Moana, or the beach, or any public place where you might accidentally sit on a penis.
lewpac wrote:If it were so mainstream like they shove down our throats to soften it up, you'd think that by now about 1/3 of the population would have it.
what's with you and all the homoerotic imagery? jesus, i don't think my gay friends talk about penises and where you can put them as much as you.
lewpac wrote:You're a stereotypical apologist and politically correct parrot, more afraid of hurting feelings than being truthfull.
Typically, anyone who doesn't pat homosexuality on the back and give risky behavior a pass is a "hatefull, bigoted, narrowminded conservative Republican". Unoriginal and in need of nothing but talking point surface vocabulary on your part.
you can call me stereotypical, unoriginal and whatever else you said. i mean after all, i did call you a "hatefull, bigoted, narrowminded conservative Republican". wait a minute, i didn't. must've been that darn straw man again.
lewpac wrote:Real love and caring directs it's efforts at helping people (including gay/lesbian people) by being truthfull. What's the first step in all these recovery programs for alcholics, addicts, etc.........? Admission of the problem!
you still haven't recommended a 12-step de-gayifaction program. i'm waiting.
lewpac wrote:Quit lying to yourself. Get honest. Address the facts and quit running from it. Stop rationalizing and covering up. Only then can one move on toward other steps to stop the bleeding.
what facts? you haven't mentioned ONE fact yet. unless it's the fact that homosexuals can magically turn into heterosexuals? i still haven't heard what your secret for this is. i'm still waiting...
lewpac wrote:So, if you sleep better at night because in your mind you're "understanding, caring, accepting, open minded, non-judgemental", then sweet dreams.
actually, i like that. that almost sounds Christ-like :D although i guess i'm not trying to be a martyr as much as some people...
lewpac wrote:Some of us really care about all of God's people, including gay/lesbian folk, and will look them in the eye and be truthfull with them about whatever. But that takes a little courage and alot of balls, something you may not possess.

hey, i know -- you should meet my gay friends face to face so you can look them in the eye and be truthful with them about their risky behaviour and overall gayness. since your really care about them and all. at the same time you can recommend a 12-step program to rid them of their sinful homoness.

after that, you should find time to travel to sub-saharan africa and southeast asia and russia and the caribbean and tell them what they're doing wrong with their lives as well, while remaining smug and self-satisfied as ever. i assume teaching safe sex is out of the question, so make sure you bring with you a supply of chastity belts. sounds like a plan, right?

lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:01 pm
Location: Kamuela, HI

#25 Post by lewpac » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:11 am

Again, unoriginal. Seems to me that if I (or others) don't post here, you'd be devoid of your own words and thoughts. Be original, be genuine, be active, not reactive. You don't offer much. Just wait for others to actually think things out and all you can do is dissect.
Typical Hollywood left wing lib.
You might want to check out all the outlets and forums where former gay/lesbian folk get "converted" and tell their stories. Of course they're dismissed out of hand by those of you who don't want to believe it. They're of course called names and impuned because it crosses purpose with the gay agenda. I personally know several gay folk and several ex-gay folk, how does one explain that? Oh, I know, they're brainwashed by some church-lady, right wing bigot haters who believe that AIDS is God's punishment for homosexual acitivity. Idiodic assumptions that the left needs to believe.
That's the thing about lemming/kool aid people on the left.......the small minded assumptions and pidgeon-holing of anyone who disagree's. The cult that blathers on about "diversity" forgets all about diversity when it disagree's with their uber-facist lock step talking points. The near successful ploy of calling people names, accusing and character assault to the end that the "disagreer's" words and thoughts are relugated to useless.
Seen you're type a thousand times. It bore's the hell out of me. Very predictable. I was hoping for more enlightened dialogue but instead I'm having the same stupid conversation with a mindless follower I've been having for twenty years now.
But it's entertaining me before the NASCAR race. (Now that I've mentioned that dirty six letter word, you may lock-step your brain as you have been trained about anyone who follows NASCAR)

User avatar
galagalas
Starter
Starter
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:58 am

#26 Post by galagalas » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:03 am

I don't see how originality has anything to do with the point. Facts are unoriginal, right? I think it's just your way of avoiding the discussion. You're grasping at straws. For your straw men no doubt. Your "typical Hollywood left wing lib" straw men. You know, for statements like this:
lewpac wrote:Oh, I know, they're brainwashed by some church-lady, right wing bigot haters who believe that AIDS is God's punishment for homosexual acitivity. Idiodic assumptions that the left needs to believe.
And I don't know if you can appreciate the irony of this statement:
lewpac wrote:That's the thing about lemming/kool aid people on the left.......the small minded assumptions and pidgeon-holing of anyone who disagree's. The cult that blathers on about "diversity" forgets all about diversity when it disagree's with their uber-facist lock step talking points.
If you can't understand how ironic your statement is.... Unless this is one big parody. You see, you're complaining about somehow being pidgeon-holed by pidgeon-holing me as someone who typically pidgeon-holes people like you. You are blowing my mind. You think because I disagree with you that I'm a typical Hollywood left wing lib kool aid lemming who dislikes NASCAR and who assumes that you're a right-wing bigot hater, etc. Well, hell, I didn't realize I was all those things who thought all those things. Looks like you're the one making the generalizations and making me into something I'm not. Well, it seems like that's your favorite way to argue, rather than addressing the subject. And look, it worked! I'm not even discussing the subject anymore either! You're a frickin genius.

P.S. I eagerly await details of the 12 step program you hinted at.

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:14 pm
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Ravens
Location: Aina Haina

#27 Post by noasark2x2 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:37 am

I agree with you lewpac on this one!!!

I can not believe that people say that they had no choice in the fact that they are gay. This is ridiculus. It is the same for everyone you pick who you are going to beintimate with not chemicals. This is the problem with America we want to blame everything else for our problems and not face the reality that it is us who made this decision.
Let's Go Bows

User avatar
BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2555
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:26 pm
Location: Brooklyn,NY (but now at UW-Madison)

#28 Post by BKWarrior » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:07 pm

accidentally sit on a penis
:lol: Never heard that one before.
I can not believe that people say that they had no choice in the fact that they are gay.
I have no choice that I love women, I could never be with a guy, but that's because of who I am, it's not a choice, it's because I just love women so damn much (especially,,,you guessed it...ASIAN WOMEN)

I think, that is how gays feel. They just can't see themselves with women, it's just who they are, and they can't control what they feel. Why is it, that I love asian women, but could never be with a black woman? Don't know, but I can't control how I feel about that. Yeah, a man doesn't have to act gay, if he is, but his life would suck (no pun intended) because he would be lieing (sp?) to himself, and be unhappy.

As for Bi-sexuals, I don't know what the hell they're thinkin, but I doubt they can control their feelings either. It's funny, almost everyone has ancestors who were freely gay, from England to Italia (hate to admit it), but things done changed, and now, it's unacceptable. I wonder when that happened....And here's an immature question but....Why are so many gays in San Fransico? Seems odd that they're concentrating their power there. I wonder if they're gonna attack :evil:
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:01 pm
Location: Kamuela, HI

#29 Post by lewpac » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:25 pm

Again, using my words to counter.........instead of making your own points. Guess it takes to much brain power for you to muster.....
Also, and of course, you failed to address the many gay/lesbian folk who somehow, beyond your understanding, are no longer gay/lesbian.
Must be an Al Frankenstein student, perhaps listening to too much NPR or Air America.
Woke up this morning doing everything in your power to defend and celebrate the gay lifestyle and never willing to consider the dark side of a deviant lifestyle. Wishing to be accepted in your new LA digs. After all, you have to fit in around there. Doesn't take much courage to "go with the flow" and "not buck the system". Simply getting lost in the masses makes life easier. Hawaii folk are alot more "folksy" than your new digs. As are the vast majority of America (read Red States). You move from Hawaii to the Left Coast and have a need to get along, and sell your soul to the pyscho/uber-left due to the fear of being chastized. That's your story, seen it a thousand times. Therefore.........lemming is the apprapo term to describe you.
Follow the piper or lose your job. Parrot your "in" crowd or be ostrisziced. Pat gays on the back, make it mainstream because you're to cowardly to stand out and tell the truth. Like a million others. Never going to have a big funeral or make the front page, a nobody who repeats the company line.
Stand up son, make YOUR way in this world instead of going along with the Hollywood mindset. Don't be a sellout and conform to the idiot line. lose the psuedo-sideburn, Bono-cool schtick and come back to Earth. Life isn't really what you think it is in your 20's. "Cool" fades and reality happens in your thirty's (hopefully). And, fatefully, when your six year old boy happens to have a gay-man coach/teacher/hula instructer, you'll be singing a different tune. Unless of course your a complete PC-openminded-understanding nimrod who is willing to let that experiment play out until it's too late and your boy is butt-screwed (which has happened).
You play that out if you choose. I'll, in the mean time, get to know EACH AND EVERY association my seven year old son has, I'LL DETERMINE what is allowed. And the slightest hint of feminine display in ANY male around my kid will be not only addressed, but monitered and attacted if necessary. Can't have my little boy missing out on all that P---y you know.
Anywho, hope you're happy and content with all your gay freinds you love and defend so much. May all your straight/gay-union/freindships be fruitfull and abundant. May you all be singing "Cooombuhyah" hand in hand, living together in harmony. A little advice though........while your gay-boy freind is holding your son's hand while singing, better watch the other hand.............

User avatar
BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2555
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:26 pm
Location: Brooklyn,NY (but now at UW-Madison)

#30 Post by BKWarrior » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:27 pm

A right winger? Sorry I have to say this, we had many right wingers in my father's country, they ended up helping the Nazis. Even Hitler claimed is actions were in the name of God. Now while the right is not as bad as the right in Europe it is looking very close. The seeds are the same as they were not long ago.
This country is getting very scary to me. It seems that many are trying to enforce their vies on others as opposed to just listening, mainly the right.
I think the best thing for all to do is to understand what everyone elses views are and leave it alone. Nothing good can come outta this whole thing. We knoe everyone's point of view, and that should be good enough.
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests