Who's your favorites?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
eyelandboy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Who's your favorites?

Post by eyelandboy »

When it comes to getting your Sports Fix who's your favorite on TV, Radio, and Play by Play in Hawaii?

For Me:
Radio: I loved th leahey and leahey show, but since that's no longer around, I enjoy listening to bobby curran in the mornings, it's an aquired taste. i didn't like hime before, but now I won't miss the show. lways great guests and good call ins.

Television: rob demello is my guy. he's the most entertaining i think when it comes to giving the news. funny stuff and always talks about local sports and not all the espn type stuff. plus i met him at uh football practice and he's real cool. my girlfriend even took a picture with him.

play by play: i gotta say jim leahey. i've watched a lot of sports in my life and i truly think he's the best not only in hawaii but all of tv. my friends laugh at me, but i'm serious. i think he's better than michaels, costas, everybody. I gotta say though kanoe leahey is great too. On the mma fights he's on it.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Who's your favorites?

Post by PCBoy »

eyelandboy wrote:I gotta say though kanoe leahey is great too. On the mma fights he's on it.
Kanoe :lol: Although Kanoa does a nice job for Icon. He needs to learn some MMA lingo.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Radio: Scott Robbs is easy to listen and to talk to. He understands the people and culture of Hawaii. His show is like talking with a good friend about sports. Fantastic play-by-play guy and he knows his stuff!

TV: The younger Jim Leahey, he still got game but I think his eyes are failing him. When he use to do discussions on the Leahey and Leahey show it is obvious that he is still sharp minded, but I think his errors in the last couple of years is due to not seeing the play. In his prime he was "DA MAN!" and I think Kanoe Leahey is closing quickly and is currently a very polished sports announcer.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"