Lelie about to be TRADED???

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Post Reply
Message
Author
HaoleBoi808
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:42 pm
MLB: Los Angeles Angels
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Tennessee Titans
Location: Murfreesboro, TN but mentally in Honolulu
Contact:

Lelie about to be TRADED???

#1 Post by HaoleBoi808 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:45 pm

according to the Broncos MySpace group i am apart of both the 49ers and Falcons r trying to swing a deal to get Lelie for either a 1st or 2nd round draft pick this year. but according to lelie he'd prfer to go to the 9ers as he has family in Cali and would like to be in a warmer climate.

if he had a choice my choice for him would be the Eagles as they have the need for a big play WR and they have a playoff caliber team, plus hed b reunited w/ Chang albeit Cgang does well enough in Europe and training camp.
Image
Image
Eh! Howzit Bruddah!

User avatar
H20
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12231
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:42 pm
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons
Location: Waimea, Big Island - Cold Country, LOVE IT

#2 Post by H20 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:56 pm

The 9ers would be good for one thing, he can live out the rest of his career without high expectations.

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 4777
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:44 pm
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks
Location: Paradise

#3 Post by flipen » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:59 pm

Hopefully Smith will turn out to be the QB that we saw at Utah. Not sure on who is on the 9ers recieving corps, but Lelie could finally standout besides being second tier to Rod Smith all the time. Man, Plummer makes Lelie's catches so hard to get. Seems like Lelie gotta do something acrobatic everytime he gets thrown to..

rolo
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:15 pm

#4 Post by rolo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:41 pm

I had a talk with Ashley the night before our BYU game at the McDonalds across from the Ilikai. We talked of the season and the future. We agreed that our dreams weren't just the NFL but the Hall of Fame. In Denver he was the bail bondsman, made great difficult catches during his whole career. But his #s weren't great except for yards per catch. He did lose catches to Rod, who I respect as much as anyone I've met. Truth is Ash won't be a Hall of Famer if he stays in Denver. I think his best years are coming no matter where.

User avatar
browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 4413
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:04 pm
Location: Westside Oahu

#5 Post by browndog » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:43 pm

flipen wrote:Hopefully Smith will turn out to be the QB that we saw at Utah. Not sure on who is on the 9ers recieving corps, but Lelie could finally standout besides being second tier to Rod Smith all the time. Man, Plummer makes Lelie's catches so hard to get. Seems like Lelie gotta do something acrobatic everytime he gets thrown to..
49ers got brandon lloyd and arnaz battle. 2 up and comers, but far from being stars. lelie would probably be the #1 man there, but production could suffer until smith improves. at least he could hang out with jeff ulbrich ( i bet he's hoping the 49ers don't draft AJ Hawk).

User avatar
H20
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12231
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:42 pm
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons
Location: Waimea, Big Island - Cold Country, LOVE IT

#6 Post by H20 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:53 pm

rolo wrote:I had a talk with Ashley the night before our BYU game at the McDonalds across from the Ilikai. We talked of the season and the future. We agreed that our dreams weren't just the NFL but the Hall of Fame. In Denver he was the bail bondsman, made great difficult catches during his whole career. But his #s weren't great except for yards per catch. He did lose catches to Rod, who I respect as much as anyone I've met. Truth is Ash won't be a Hall of Famer if he stays in Denver. I think his best years are coming no matter where.
I hope so, I'd love for him to be someones #1 target.

User avatar
IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1864
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 1:07 am
Location: Honolulu Hawaii

#7 Post by IPatentllo7o1 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:27 pm

i agree anywhere but denver... but also has to be a pass first team...

User avatar
lou909
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:24 pm
Location: KALIHI.....OAHU

#8 Post by lou909 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:50 pm

there are about 4 teams that are rumored to be involved in this trade.... if he goes to the niners it will be for some draft picks.... the falcons would also be for some draft picks..... the other two teams are the dolphins... the rumor with the phins is that the trade would be for ricky (IMO stupid idea, we already have bell and mike and dayne showed some promise).... the last team that is rumored to be trading partners with are the eagles... this would only happen with phily if they decided not to release T.O. but trade him.... that trade would be Lelie for T.O. and a low round pick...... now the important thing to remeber is that the only way ashley is traded is if the Broncos get T.O. ..... which a lot of people are saying is already a lock....

User avatar
sponger48
Play Maker
Play Maker
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:26 pm

#9 Post by sponger48 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:27 am

It would be nice to see him go to Seattle or New England, somewhere where they have a four wide set. But even better is to see him go somewhere where he is happy. Seems Shanahan has his plays scripted for the next 3 years, not to flexible on offense.

It seemed to me that's why Pittsburgh won a couple in the second half of the season, they broke from tradition and opened up the offense for Roethlisberger to make plays. Denver seems to be predictable and running the offense as if Elway were still there.
Hawaii, home of WORLD Championship baseball!!!!
Our name is the WARRIORS!!!!
Anything is possible, if you don't give up!

Kona17
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: Navarre FL

#10 Post by Kona17 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:27 pm

I'd like to see him go to Philly I think him and Mcnabb would really click. I fast reciver with good hands and none of the T.O headaches

User avatar
Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2568
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:15 pm

Re: Lelie about to be TRADED???

#11 Post by Macnut » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:48 pm

HaoleBoi808 wrote:according to the Broncos MySpace group i am apart of both the 49ers and Falcons r trying to swing a deal to get Lelie for either a 1st or 2nd round draft pick this year. but according to lelie he'd prfer to go to the 9ers as he has family in Cali and would like to be in a warmer climate.

if he had a choice my choice for him would be the Eagles as they have the need for a big play WR and they have a playoff caliber team, plus hed b reunited w/ Chang albeit Cgang does well enough in Europe and training camp.
Wow thats the best news I heard yet. Man I can't wait for him to get the hell out of Denver. I think Atlanta is a better team to go to then 49ers, unless the 49ers had Bill Walsh.

The only QB that had the chemistry with Lelie was Rolo!
No matter what, be happy you still got your health!

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2836
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:39 am
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: Atlanta Falcons
Location: Hawaii in Spirit. Fort Worth in reality!

Re: Lelie about to be TRADED???

#12 Post by JWarrior » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:53 pm

HaoleBoi808 wrote:according to the Broncos MySpace group i am apart of both the 49ers and Falcons r trying to swing a deal to get Lelie for either a 1st or 2nd round draft pick this year. but according to lelie he'd prfer to go to the 9ers as he has family in Cali and would like to be in a warmer climate...
I seriously doubt the Falcons are going to go after him, because they were the last ones to pass on him in the NFL draft, opting for T. J. Duckett instead of him. I wish the Falcons had drafted him instead. With Mike Vick's strong arm, they'd have a deep threat now instead of a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" RB. I think they have adequate replacements for T. J., but still haven't found a serious deep threat WR! I sure hope they get Ashley though! (Can you tell I'm a Falcon's fan?) :lol:
ImageImageImage

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests