Montana and Bradshaw no show at SB XL

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
lou909
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Montana and Bradshaw no show at SB XL

Post by lou909 »

did anyone notice that when they were introducing the past SB MVP's that Montana and Bradshaw were missing..... I heard on the radio that Bradshaw wanted to spend SB with his family... which is cool.... but word on Montana was that he wasn't showing up if the NFL did not pay him a appearance fee of a 100 grand.... if that is true I just lost a lot of respect for Montana......

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

I haven't lost any respect for Montana. It's his right besides he's probably still mad at the Niners. Remember? He end his playing career in K.C., Not in San Fran.

As for Bradshaw, he's the one I've lost respect for....

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

Montana was on Quite Frankly today and said he wanted to spend time with his children. He missed out his 2 daughters childhood and didn't wanna miss out on his sons one. He said he promised his children he would be home on Friday and Sunday and didn't wanna break his promise to them. But Stephen A. was ripping Bradshaw for not showing since his team was in the Super Bowl.

lou909
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lou909 »

wyokie wrote:I haven't lost any respect for Montana. It's his right besides he's probably still mad at the Niners. Remember? He end his playing career in K.C., Not in San Fran.

As for Bradshaw, he's the one I've lost respect for....
i said if the story was true.... it makes him look greedy that, (if the story was true)he would be asking for an appearance fee from the league that provided him a platform to showcase his talent.... like I said if it was because of family that's cool.... but if it was over $$$ then it makes him look greedy......or he blew all his money and he needs more which makes him look irresponsible.... i don't think the niners had anything to do with his decision...... in fact he was on NFL films (after he retired) with walsh and other former niners doing a documentary on walsh... so i don't think that it had anything to do with the niners.....

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

lou909 wrote:but if it was over $$$ then it makes him look greedy.
Well, he does charge around $200 for an autograph at shows.

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

ESPN STORY

Montana, Bradshaw deny missing ceremony over $$ESPN.com news services

When the NFL unveiled its MVPs from the previous 39 Super Bowls, only three living members skipped the ceremony.

Former 49ers quarterback Joe Montana and former Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw decided to stay home, while former Dolphins MVP Jake Scott was traveling in Australia.

Montana, the league's only three-time Super Bowl MVP, and Bradshaw reportedly turned down the invitation over money.

Both denied the reports.

In a phone interview with "Quite Frankly" host Stephen A. Smith on Monday night, Montana vehemently denied forgoing the ceremony over money and reiterated that his absence was due to his preference to see his son's basketball game.

Montana told ESPN last week that he wasn't going to attend the Super Bowl because his son had an important basketball game he wanted to attend. Bradshaw, according to the Chronicle, told league officials he wanted to be with his family.

Montana said money was never an issue and that he would not have attended the Super Bowl ceremony even if the appearance fee had been greater than the $100,000 he was reported to have requested.

Former MVPs were given $1,000 for incidental expenses while in Detroit, along with other amenities such as plane tickets, car rental and game tickets.

Sources told each paper that Montana asked for a guarantee of at least $100,000 in appearance money.

When the league balked at Montana's demands, the quarterback declined to be in attendance.

Bradshaw, through a representative, denied the Chronicle's report that there was a dispute over money.
ImageImageImage

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

I just want to watch the game. It doesn't really matter to me who showed up for that thing or not.