Super Bowl pick...........

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.

Who will win the superbow?

Seattle
29%
Pittsburgh
71%

Total votes: 7

lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Super Bowl pick...........

Post by lewpac »

Lewpac, I hope you don't mind me adding a poll to your post. Thank you admin (scott)

At my house this Sunday, we'll be watching the Cowboys beating the snot out of Buffalo. I gave my mother-in-law Buffalo +30 for $50.00. If anyone comes over, don't let on. I need the money. I'll handle the commercials and other problems due to the times.
Last year, I gave her New England and 25 against the Bears! Every dollar counts now'adays!

Seriously though.......... Pittsburgh 31 - Seattle 19. And Seattle scores last.

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Pitt 34 Sea 21. I wonder if a poll wouldn't be betta?
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

My heart says Seattle but my gut says Pittsburgh.

So,....Steelers by 6.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

polumalu not probable with tweaked ankle.
i'll go out on a limb and pick the hawks with jeremy stevens catching 1 TD.
20-17.

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

Steelers 28
Seahawks 17

Heard about Polamalu, that sucks because he is becoming my favorite Steeler. :lol:

Anyways I think Big Ben has been on a roll during the playoffs and I don't see the Seahawks defense slowing him down. MVP Alexander won't get many yards, Steelers defense is THAT good.

"Hasselbeck drops back to pass, throws down the middle. Vicious Hit! Porter lays out Stevens who was coming over the middle!" :-

Plus, I love Bettis and I'd like to see him have a ring before he retires. I wanted Karl Malone to get an NBA ring also, and I wouldn't mind that either Mannings don't ever get a Super Bowl ring. [-X

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

Pitt -38
Seattle- 27
No matter what, be happy you still got your health!

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

Steelers 37
Seagulls 24
ImageImageImage

the home team
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by the home team »

steelers 35
seahawks 14

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Ravens

Post by noasark2x2 »

My prediction id
cowboys 52
bills 17

watch for leon lett to do something dumb though. Lewpac great idea. I wonder if my mother in law would fall for something like that.

no really I am going Seahawks just because my friends live in Seattle.
Let's Go Bows

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

noasark2x2 wrote:no really I am going Seahawks just because my friends live in Seattle.
I've been to Seattle. It was back in 1984, the last time prior to this year the 'Hawks won a playoff game (against Miami, I believe).

I really would love to see Seattle win but as I said before my gut says the Steelers will get their 5th World Championship.

BigWave96744

Re: Super Bowl pick...........

Post by BigWave96744 »

lewpac wrote:At my house this Sunday, we'll be watching the Cowboys beating the snot out of Buffalo. I gave my mother-in-law Buffalo +30 for $50.00. If anyone comes over, don't let on. I need the money. I'll handle the commercials and other problems due to the times.
Last year, I gave her New England and 25 against the Bears! Every dollar counts now'adays!

You are way too kind....
Super HawkDogs 31 - Pittsburgher 28

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Super Bowl pick...........

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote:
lewpac wrote:At my house this Sunday, we'll be watching the Cowboys beating the snot out of Buffalo. I gave my mother-in-law Buffalo +30 for $50.00. If anyone comes over, don't let on. I need the money. I'll handle the commercials and other problems due to the times.

You are way too kind....
Super HawkDogs 31 - Pittsburgher 28
YOU'RE TAKING Seattle!!!!! Holy COW!!!!! Now I've seen everything!!!!

lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lewpac »

My style has always been to not ride you over your team and help you root for them.
I learned this lesson at the Sugar Bowl, 1982. I'm from PA, was living in Houston at the time (21 yrs. old) and a bunch of us went to New Orleans for the Penn St. vs. Georgia Sugar Bowl. My friend was an alumni of Penn St. and I rode him mercilessly about Georgia(Herschel Walker and all...) kicking their okole. After several days of goading him, he went seriously "off" on me about it. I realized I was just riding him for the hell of it about Penn St.
I apoligized. I saw how important it was to him at that moment and was glad for HIM that Penn St. won that game and it's first National Championship in forever!
Lesson is/was, if you're my pal, I'll not root against your team (unless my Cowboys are aboard.) The last couple years, two folks who work for me moved here from Wisconsin and Atlanta and are of course die-hard Packer and Falcons fans. I want to see these teams do O-K because I like these people and want to see them a little happy.
All this being said, around these parts (the Big Island), there's more than a few Seattle fans. Alright with me, go Hawks. I keep it to a minimum and don't go "off" about how I hate the idea of Seattle being the best team in football. I'm going for P'burgh all the way, just to keep the sanity in the "new" NFL.
So to all you Seahawks fans, I wish you well. It could be a close game. But a blowout either way is more likely. If it's Seattle 23, Pittsburgh 6 at the half, it's over. If it's Pittsburgh 17, Seattle 3 at the half, it's over. Show's you how much I know about each team this SB. Honestly, I do NOT KNOW about this one. I'll stick with my Pittsburgh pick, but I wish it were Pittsburgh vs. a vital NFC team and not some imposter/johnny-come-lately/team de jour.....Salary cap-free agent lucky team who got the resident "bye" this year.
And THAT'S what Seattle is to me, just this years "Carolina", or "Tampa", or next years "Saints" or "Cardinals"!
Mark my word's............we'll see the day in this "new" NFL where the Ultimate Game/Super Bowl will be the Saint's vs. the Browns. And nobody will give a damn..............

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

I think Pitt is going to win but now I want to cheer for the underdog Seahawks. Either way I hope its a great competitive game.
No matter what, be happy you still got your health!

beegpk
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by beegpk »

it will be either the Steelers or the Seahawks

if Pittsburg doesn't come out strong like in their last two games, then the edge will quickly shift to the Seahawks