A sad day for NFL football, part 2..............

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

A sad day for NFL football, part 2..............

Post by lewpac »

Well, it's happened. I remember saying about ten years ago "next thing you know the Buccaneers or the Seahawks will be in the Super Bowl". I said this lamenting free agency and the salary cap and all the attempts to bring about parity.
You didn't have to be the head cashier at Walmart to say what I said back then. Make's me no NFL prophet or soothsayer. The handwriting was on the wall and plain to see.
Now we "got what we prayed for", as we have several times for the "big game" over the last decade.
All we can hope for now is a Steeler blowout, an embarrassing game that clearly settles the fact that Seattle cannot and never will belong amongst the NFL elite. Only then will the football stars be aligned and the sports universe stay in tact. All will be lost if the best team in the National Football League is the Seattle Seahawks, as it was never written in sanity-stone that the Seahawks would ever win a championship.
What's next, the Lions? What's the world comming to??????????

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Actually I would love to see Detroit or New Orleans win a Super Bowl!

You see I root for the little guy which explains why I'm a huge Hawaii AND Wyoming fan!!!!

bentofan
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by bentofan »

All will be lost if the best team in the National Football League is the Seattle Seahawks, as it was never written in sanity-stone that the Seahawks would ever win a championship."
:-({|=

You are as ignorant as one can ever be. Ypu must be a Bears fan or even worse a forty whiner fan. That's why you play the games right?
Follow men's eyes as they look to the skies
The shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of their dreams...Rush-"Jacob's Ladder"

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

I dont see whats wrong with Seattle winning the Superbowl. Whats the point of even having a league if you're going to make sure that some teams never make it?

lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lewpac »

Ignorant? This from a guy who can't spell "y-o-u" (ypu).
Bento, if you think the NFL is actually represented well by the Seahawks and the unfortunate television network who gets this game is happy, you're dreaming.
If you, even for a moment, believe that Paul Tagliabue and FOX sports, back in July wished for a Pittsburgh vs. Seattle Super Bowl, you're living in an alternate universe that only people who live in the state of Washington (Witness Protection Program-ville) can fathom.
Nobody else in the NFL universe cares how the Seahawks do, win or lose. They're off the radar screen, tucked away, invisible, incognito, nondiscript.
Seattle, Detroit, New Orleans, Arizona, Minnesota, Philly, Buffalo, Cincy, the Browns, these teams MUST lose their final game of EVERY season to keep the balance and the universe from being upset. You know, as if the Clippers will EVER win the NBA championship, or the Cubs will EVER get over their curse. The Red Sox and White Sox have pretty well screwed up all our sleep already. Enough. Cut it out. Go STEELERS!!!!!
Last edited by lewpac on Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H20

Post by H20 »

lewpac wrote:Ignorant? This from a guy who can't spell "y-o-u" (ypu).

Their off the radar screen, tucked away, invisible, incognito, nondiscript.
Do you really think he can't spell it? It's obviously a typo with the "o" and "p" next to each other on the keyboard. Using "Thier" on the other hand when it should be "They're" is a conscious decision so I wouldn't talk about others typos.

I will be happy whoever wins, but I've liked the Steelers since I was little. Along with the Chiefs and Falcons.

lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lewpac »

Go back and check out the big "their-they're" snafu. The "edit" feature still works.
It wosent apaut Hes speliink, et wes abaud hes calink mi iknorand..........get it?

H20

Post by H20 »

got it :lol: :thumbup:

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Ravens

Post by noasark2x2 »

lewpac you sound so bitter. What happened? Your team lost? Or are you just a big lewser (not a typo by the way) who can't handle the fact that parity is here to stay in the NFL. My man you are crying about something that hit the NFL long ago. Parity has been here for a long time. Just because the Patriots won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls doesn't mean that there hasn't been a shift in power.

As for you crying that nobody cares and nobody is going to watch I for one will and you don't have too. You can go suck on your thumb and have mommy change your diaper while you watch Barney and friends.
Let's Go Bows

lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lewpac »

Take your satisfaction and contentment with Seattle in the Super Bowl and shove it up you're watered down NFL butt.
No self respecting pro-football fan is tolerating this modern "Johnny-come-lately", team de jour, whoever get's lucky bull#$%* lying down!!
The Seasucks are just the latest of many imposters to guess right and benefit from an NFC decimated by injuries, free agency, and the inability to sign who matters.
The Eagles (who I hate) demise due to injury, the Redskins inabiliy to get a home game, the horrid NFC North with the Bears getting a bye and a home game, and getting the Panthers for the "NFC Championship Game"(enter comedic line now) all had much to do with the lesser of all evils winning the NFC Title.
Day was that a legitmate team represented the NFC in the Super Bowl. You know, like Dallas, the Giants, the Niners...............
Now we have to sit through the Saints, the Seahawks, the Buccaneers, and the Lambs loosing.
What's the world comming to................????

themainevent
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by themainevent »

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Are the SeaHawks still owned by Paul Allen (co-founder of Microsoft and owner of the Portland Trailblazers)

bentofan
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by bentofan »

Yes, Allen ownes both teams. Somebody please give the guy a toothbrush yikes! that dude has all the money in the world but when he opens his mouth his teeth glows with green and yellowish color, a sign of bad hygiene. But I guess when you have billions girls couldn't care how your teeth look like. :oops:
Follow men's eyes as they look to the skies
The shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of their dreams...Rush-"Jacob's Ladder"

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote:Are the SeaHawks still owned by Paul Allen (co-founder of Microsoft and owner of the Portland Trailblazers)
Yep. And the "h" is not capitolized.

themainevent
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by themainevent »

wyokie wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:Are the SeaHawks still owned by Paul Allen (co-founder of Microsoft and owner of the Portland Trailblazers)
Yep. And the "h" is not capitolized.
It's actually capital and not capitol. A capitol is the place where the government convenes.