Jake the Fake..........

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Jake the Fake..........

Post by lewpac »

What did Bill Walsh say............the next Montana???
Lose the Jesus look. Cut the hair, shave the beard.
I don't want to hear about the flu either.
Jake Plummer a loser..........all is right in the world!!
What a bum..................

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Yeah, Lelie needs to go to a place with a better QB or better passing system. This game proved that he has the game but is not used enough. Rod Smith and Plummer's favoritism to him is very bad. If Plummer throws better balls last game and this one, Lelie would have had at least 2 TD's in each.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Jake the Mistake plummels the Broncos chances!! I'm ok with it though. I usually root for Denver and the Steelers, but since I've been a fan of the Steelers since childhood, I decided to root for the Steelers on one side and Lelie on the other. I agree, Plummer forces it to Smith all the time, missing a lot of other wide open recievers. I've seen Ashley blow by his man a few times and not get the ball.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

warriorfan808 wrote:I've seen Ashley blow by his man a few times and not get the ball.
Hell yeah, he was blowing by his guy all day.

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

Only reason Plummer got the team this far is because he can hand off the ball to Andersen and Bell :lol: He may have had less interceptions this year, but I'd say the passing game had a big dropoff because he hesitates more and only throws to Rod Smith even when he is covered by two guys..

lou909
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Jake the Fake..........

Post by lou909 »

lewpac wrote:What did Bill Walsh say............the next Montana???
Lose the Jesus look. Cut the hair, shave the beard.
I don't want to hear about the flu either.
Jake Plummer a loser..........all is right in the world!!
What a bum..................
hey lewpac... you sound a lot like this guy on the denver message boards.... mntman is his sn.... anyway... yeah the real plummer showed up today...damn it!!!!!... as for lelie... he will have his turn as the #1 target when rod retires which could be this year..... but before that can happen we need to re-sign lelie first... which could be a problem if he gets intrest from other teams that like to pass the ball a lot more than denver....

lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lewpac »

Being a Cowboy fan, Plummer will NEVER get off my schneid due to the Bill Walsh ordination. That will always be his 49er curse and buugaboo to me. "The next Montana" laid his latest egg. If he were ever Montana-like, he would've raised the Cardinal game to the next level as Montana, much to my shegrin, did in San Fran. Montana arrived to a team in not-so-good shape. Save all the "west coast offense" and "system" bull for someone who believes. It never succeeded anywhere but in Frisco. It wasn't the "west coast offense", the genius of Walsh, Ed Debartolo's charisma, blah, blah, blah. It was the players, like in Pittsburgh in the seventies, that somehow got together at the same time and did wonderfull things for a window of time.........period. West coast offense, west coast bull#%&$. Never did nothing before that, never did nothing after. Tried as they might've to promote the heavenly "west coast offense" and the "genius" of Bill Walsh, it never won another championship anywhere else it's tenacles spread to (via coaches) and faded in San Fran once the good players left or retired. And before you try to bring up the Packers Super Bowl win, Holmgren rebuked the thought that they won because of the "west coast offense" immediatly after the game and to this day. Not only was the scheme doomed everywhere and anytime else besides those Niner teams, all the head coaches that sprung from those Niner glory years failed miserably. Except Holmgren.
All that being said and beyond rebuke, Jake Plummer got this halo and ordination from the "genius" Bill Walsh, who was disappointed that the Niners took "Druckenmiller" over Plummer, who was to be the next Montana according to Walsh. All this went down while the charming Debartolo was involved in and being convicted for mafioso-like activity. Activity that, if Jerry Jones did one tenth of, he'd be swinging from the highest tree without even a trial. But being in the ESPN-highlight/Perfect/Heavenly 49er world, Debartolo got a pass from everyone with an opinion. "Mr. Debartolo and his family appreciates your prayers and best wishes in his time of need" was the mantra du jour. "The 49er family is thankfull for the community support, and thanks the fans for their support and prayers during this time". Hah, if that were Dan Snyder who got caught pulling of extortions and bribery....................
Anyway, I degress. This Plummer thing is a Niner thing to me, thanks to the Saintly Walsh and his forcasting and prediction about Jake. I wonder what rock Walsh is hiding under today.

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

It funny, and I'm guilty of this too, that we say Montana won this, Elway won that, but it was the team. Plummer failed, he lost balls (make of that what you want), forced things, didn't get the ball to his best reciever much, but the team overall played poorly. They allowed an offense like Pitt's to explode [-X The team lost, though Plummer will be the face (or @$$) of that loss.
The funny thing is, look at Pitt's run game. I think combined Parker and Bettis ran 25 or 30 times for 60 or 70 yards (got that from Sports Center, so if it was a typo...cause it is hard to believe they could be stopped like that). They gave Denver ever chance to do somethin, and they didn't respond. They didn't deserve to go farther.
Sad thing for me is, I had no team I wanted to root for in this game. I wonder how many others in the nation felt that way. My Part of the country wasen't even rep'd. Sad. Sad because I'm not as excited about the playoffs as I was two three years ago.
Many were anticipatin NE, Inianapolis, the Giants, thoes teams. Now, the teams that got there deserved it, but there's not the added flash and prestege (outside of Pittsburg) where any game can feel almost twice as presteges which means twice as exciting and emotional
Most top players didn't play well, and there were moments of slop and obvious mistakes. You think people were truly hoping that Carolina would go to the SB before the season started? Or Seattle? or Denver?
At leat in Pro Football we get a true champion, but it's added by the nation bein able to join in the good feelings of the result, but I have a feelin, if Seattle wins (over Pitt), There's gonna be a small murmer form the NW,and the rest of the nation will not really care.
I'll be focusing on College Basketball, and maybe pickin up a ho for the month veiled by saying we are in a relationship.
The only things that peak my intrests are College Football and hos. So I may have to double up on the hos, cause there are but a few college basketball games that peak my intrest.
Tired...night night :- :- :- :- :-({|=
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

Starter
Starter

Post by 1014 »

trust me when i say, that the reason jake plummer stinks is because marc trestman was his coach.

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

H20 wrote:Yeah, Lelie needs to go to a place with a better QB or better passing system. This game proved that he has the game but is not used enough. Rod Smith and Plummer's favoritism to him is very bad. If Plummer throws better balls last game and this one, Lelie would have had at least 2 TD's in each.
Amen to that. Well said!
No matter what, be happy you still got your health!

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

But where? I think the best fit for him is SD.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

After all of that was said, check out his wife....not sure if I can call him a loser. LOL

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

lou909
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lou909 »

Scott wrote:After all of that was said, check out his wife....not sure if I can call him a loser. LOL

i don't think that's his wife scott..... jake got in trouble this past season during an interview in which he was asked if he was dating one of the bronco cheerleaders...... jake went off at the interviewer and he got some heat for it..... can't be his wife because players and cheerleaders aren't allowed to be involved... i agree though she is hot!...for a haole......

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Scott wrote:After all of that was said, check out his wife....not sure if I can call him a loser. LOL

WOW! Almost as good-looking as some Sports Angels. Almost!

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

I agree, she is ALMOST as hot as Angella