Rumble on the Rock 8 Results

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Rumble on the Rock 8 Results

Post by PCBoy »

Kengo Ura d. Mike Malone via submission (heel hook) 3:24 R1

Ross Ebanez d. Josh Donahue via TKO (strikes) 1:38 R1
Donahue looked like an amateur in there. He got Ross into a weak armbar but Ross just picked him up and slammed him. Punches from the mount and its over.

Scott Junk d. Vilatonu Fonokalaifi via TKO (strikes) 3:32 R1

Yushin Okami d. Anderson Silva via DQ (illegal kick) R1
Silva was on his back with Okami in his guard when Silva pulled his legs in a up kicked Okami in the face. The ref immediatly haulted action and Okami was given a rest period. It was decided that he could not continue and by rule Silva was DQ'd.

Jake Shields d. Dave Menne via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Shields had a weaker standup game than I thought he would have. He got rocked a few times by Menne but constantly got the better of the ground in all three rounds.

Carlos Condit d. Charuto Verissimo via TKO (strikes) 0:17 R1
Charuto instantly shot in and Condit caught him with a perfect knee. Charuto dropped and Condit rained on knees and punches. Upset of the night IMO.

Frank Trigg d. Ronald Jhun via Unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28 )
Nice showing by the Machine Gun. Had Trigg rocked a few times as Trigg's boxing looked weak although his kicking was super quick. Juhn was on his back most of the fight but got Trigg into an armbar at the end of round 1 and almost into a kimura in the later rounds.

Butterbean d. Cabbage Correira via TKO (doctor stoppage, broken elbow) R2
15 second ground limit, no submissions. Pretty interesting fight. Cabbage dominated round 1 and took Bean down to the ground and fired punches knocking out some of Bean's teeth. Second round they were against the fence most of the time throwing punches and elbows. One of the elbows thrown by Cabbage broke his own elbow. He couldn't answer the bell for the 3rd round. Hope there a rematch.

Noteworthy members of the audience: Shogun Rua, Ninja Rua, Jason Mayhem Miller, Ricco Rodriguez, Gilbert Melendez & TJ Thompson.

So April 7th should have Yushin Okami vs Jake Shields and Carlos Condit vs Frank Trigg. I talked to Allan Goes at the press conference and he said he challenging Alex Stiebling at ROTR 9 as well.

BigWave96744

Re: Rumble on the Rock 8 Results

Post by BigWave96744 »

PCBoy wrote:Cabbage dominated round 1 and took Bean down to the ground and fired punches knocking out some of Bean's teeth.

Noteworthy members of the audience: Shogun Rua, Ninja Rua, Jason Mayhem Miller, Ricco Rodriguez, Gilbert Melendez & TJ Thompson.
Ouch!!!!
BTW, Mike Tyson was in town... I wonder if he was seen by anyone...
Mahalo for the writeup..

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference

Post by PCBoy »

There are tons of pictures already online so I probably won't post any unless I see something interesting.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference

Post by PCBoy »

I was bored so I guess I will post pics. There not that great since I was interested in seeing the fights with my eyes and not threw the viewfinder and this is the first time I tried taking pics through the cage....

http://www.geocities.com/hawaiiwarriors/rotr8.html
Theres not much on now, but I'll add more later on today.

themainevent
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by themainevent »

PCBoy wrote:There are tons of pictures already online so I probably won't post any unless I see something interesting.
Do you have a link for the other pics?

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

I heard Jhun did good against Trigg. Man, I wish I made this event. Verissimo getting knocked out that quick? Must have been caught off guard.

I was hoping to see Verissimo and Trigg fighting for the championship.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference

Post by PCBoy »

themainevent wrote:Do you have a link for the other pics?
http://69.46.29.2:8080/absoluteig/galle ... goryid=407

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

my friend and i went. some of the undercard games were great. they all ended in a tko or submission in the first round.
that ankle lock thing was cool. also the one where the small haole guy got beat by the local guy was funny. the haole guy tried to armbar the other guy but was too weak. the local guy picked him up with the one arm and slammed him to the mat and then jumped on him and pounded him.
there was the other match between the brazilian and the japanese guy, where the brazilian got disqualified for kicking up when the guy was on his knees mounted on him. the brazilian had hit him clean on the side of the face with the palm of his foot and the japanese guy fell backwards in a daze. we didn't understand the d-q, but after thinking about it after, if the guy had kicked up instead of from the side, he could've busted the guy's nose and killed him.

the main event was interesting. i couldn't believe the announcer when he said butterbean was 395. cabbage was only 260 i think, but he put his best effort. you could see him exhausted after the first round from trying to grab and keep butterbean close. butterbean could take the punches, so it didn't make sense to stand up with him as his reach was long too. cabbage took him to the mat once and did lay some punches, but the rule was that they could only stay down for 15 seconds at a time, which i think benefited butterbean more. we didn't know that cabbage had hurt his arm before the match, so he couldn't continue after the 2nd round, but it was a great effort.

fun all around.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference

Post by PCBoy »

chawan_cut wrote: also the one where the small haole guy got beat by the local guy was funny. the haole guy tried to armbar the other guy but was too weak. the local guy picked him up with the one arm and slammed him to the mat and then jumped on him and pounded him.
Can't really blame Donahue for getting manhandled. He took the fight on two weeks notice after Jason Von Flue and another person backed out.