Rumble on the Rock 8 - Internet PPV January 21st

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Rumble on the Rock 8 - Internet PPV January 21st

Post by PCBoy »

Fans Able to View Highly-Anticipated Event on Internet Next Day

HONOLULU, HAWAI'I - Jan 17, 2006 Rumble World Entertainment (RWE) has announced that their highly-touted Rumble on the Rock 8 event will be available on Worldwide Internet Pay-Per-View as soon as January 21st. Fans across the world will be able to log on to http://www.rumbleworld.tv wherever they live and watch the event in its entirety the very next day following the event.

The cost to download ROTR 8 will be a special introductory price of $9.99 and visitors will receive five free tokens good for viewing up to five fights of their choice.

RWE will also televise a few Hawaiian superfights from the event at no cost here on rumbleworld.tv at our RumbleVision Area Hawaiian favorites Ross ‘the Boss’ Ebanez, Scott Junk, and Mike Malone are all will be the featured superfights where fans can experience the Rumble for free. RWE continues to ride the wave of the future as they bring the world’s top fighters together and some of the most exciting fights to the fans.

Scheduled availability worldwide is as follows: January 21st USA 8pm PST January 22nd London 2am January 22nd Tokyo 11am

8 Man Welterweight Tournament
Jake Shields vs Dave Menne
Renato "Charuto" Verissimo vs Carlos Condit
Anderson Silva vs Yushin Okami
Frank Trigg vs Ronald "Machine Gun" Jhun

Hawaiian Superfights
Ross "Da Boss" Ibanez vs Josh Donahue
Scott Junk vs Vilatonu Vonokalaifi
Mike Malone vs Kengo Ura

RWE will also show two fights from Rumble on the Rock 7 in their entirety for free on the web broadcast of rumbleworld.tv.

Featured fights are Renato "Charuto" Verissimo vs Yuichi Nakanishi and Scott Junk vs Ricco "Suave" Rodriguez.

RWE is currently working on several other fight movies from previous events held in the past four years. To become a registered member and sign up for our newsletter in order to receive first notice of RWE’s new and upcoming fight movies, fans can visit RumbleVision and enter their email address in the left sidebar of the page under “Our Newsletter.”

http://www.rumbleworld.tv/news/index.php?ArticleID=24

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Those Hawaiian Super fights suck.

Isn't Scott Junk a K1 guy? I don't know. Other than Ross the Boss, the other guys are no bodies. They don't sound like type of guys that would be consered a super fight.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference

Post by PCBoy »

warriorfan808 wrote:Those Hawaiian Super fights suck.
Typical answer of a local person. They only wanna see "the big names". Names don't make fights, styles make fights. Just like when Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin and Tim Sylvia came down for Super Brawl, everyone was like who are they, why are they at the top of the card. Look at them now...

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

PCBoy wrote:
warriorfan808 wrote:Those Hawaiian Super fights suck.
Typical answer of a local person. They only wanna see "the big names". Names don't make fights, styles make fights. Just like when Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin and Tim Sylvia came down for Super Brawl, everyone was like who are they, why are they at the top of the card. Look at them now...
I guess that means local people aren't true MMA fans? I've been watching MMA since the Frank Shamrock and Bas Rutten days. Those fights should not be considered super fights. I'm ok with them being great matchups, but super fights? Too bad they couldn't get Vitale out of retirement, he could fight anyone and call it a super fight.

I'm not bashing this event. I think that the welterweight comp is a great draw and Cabbage vs. Butterbean willl be very interesting. Cabbage should have an advantage if he takes Butterbean to the ground, but we all know Cabbage likes to throw down.

A fight I really want to see is Mark Hunt vs. Cabbage. The two biggest chins in MMA. I still can't believe that Mark was able to take Crocop's kick like that. Maybe they can market it as a tribal war or something that refers to the history between our islands.

Favorite fights of all time:
Huges vs. Penn
Verissimo vs. Hughes
Sakuraba vs. Vernon White
Sakuraba vs. Carlos Newton
Sakuraba vs. Royce Gracie
Sakuraba vs. Renzo Gracie
Sakuraba vs. Victor Belfort << complete domination

you can probably tell, Sakuraba is my favorite fighter even though he hasn't been winning lately. He did have that win against Shamrock, but all the drama at the end ruined the win.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference

Post by PCBoy »

warriorfan808 wrote:I guess that means local people aren't true MMA fans? I've been watching MMA since the Frank Shamrock and Bas Rutten days. Those fights should not be considered super fights. I'm ok with them being great matchups, but super fights? Too bad they couldn't get Vitale out of retirement, he could fight anyone and call it a super fight.

I'm not bashing this event. I think that the welterweight comp is a great draw and Cabbage vs. Butterbean willl be very interesting. Cabbage should have an advantage if he takes Butterbean to the ground, but we all know Cabbage likes to throw down.

A fight I really want to see is Mark Hunt vs. Cabbage. The two biggest chins in MMA. I still can't believe that Mark was able to take Crocop's kick like that. Maybe they can market it as a tribal war or something that refers to the history between our islands.

The super fights don't really mean they're "super." Since K-1 is pretty much backing RWE now days, I think they just took the superfight name from them. Which just mean fights outside of the tourny. I doubt JD will ever ask Vitale to fight for them again since he screwed RWE about three times already.

The Butterbean - Cabbage fight will have a 20 second ground limit. So Cabbage will have to GnP or sub him in 20 sec.

I wasn't that surprised that Hunt could handle CroCop. He took some mean shots in K-1.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Man, that 20 second rule is horrible. I love to watch the stand up, but there's nothing like watching a cocky striker helpless in side mount getting knees to the ribs.

IMO, Cabbage will then have to concentrate on kicks to the legs and quick take downs. Might only be 20 seconds, but that's more than enough time for a little GnP and a quick RNC. With Butterbeans lack of grappling knowledge, Cabbage shouldn't have to worry about BB defending anything. He'll probably give up mount or give up his back the minute he goes to the ground.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference

Post by PCBoy »

Yeah I think Bean could get sub'd easily. He lost to Genki Sudo whose probably like 200+ lbs lighter than him. Even if Cabbage doesn't get the sub or TKO on the ground, Butterbean will probably gas if Cabbage keeps trying to take it to the ground.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference

Post by PCBoy »

Hopefully I will be back tonight with some pics. For those not going, you can probably catch live results on other boards.