anyone watch the indy - pitt game sunday?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

anyone watch the indy - pitt game sunday?

Post by chawan_cut »

dang... what a 4th quarter. good thing i'm not an indy or pitt fan, or i would've had 3 heart attacks... one for the int that was ruled a fumble, one on the fumble by bettis, and one on that last missed fg.

at least denver gets to play at home! good riddance to the patriots and their bandwagon brady is the best qb ever mumbo jumbo.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Yeah as much as the refs wanted Indy to win, and with the fumble, they couldn't stop fate. Big Ben making the tackle and the BADLY missed FG by a guy who had never missed in the playoffs. Dang.

Also I'll move this to the Forum for NFL stuff. :D

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

oh, this is where it belongs. wasn't sure.

i also forgot about the no call on the false start/offsides fiasco. how can they blow the whistle to stop the game and then say, oh sorry, our bad. i know they can wave off flags on uncatchable balls and stuff like that, but on a dead ball call?

and for that int-reversal, how can he spend that long at the replay booth talking to whoever is upstairs and reverse it? first off, isn't there a time limit? and 2ndly, what the hell replay was he watching?

you're right though. indy was everyone's darling team that they wanted to see it through to the end. no one(money wise. its all about the $$$$$) wants to see denver or pittsburgh...

imagine if they had been undefeated going into this? then there probably would've been even more insane lopsided calls for indy. what's worse is that the nfl came out and admitted they screwed up. hmmm.... something fishy going on there.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

chawan_cut wrote: i also forgot about the no call on the false start/offsides fiasco. how can they blow the whistle to stop the game and then say, oh sorry, our bad. i know they can wave off flags on uncatchable balls and stuff like that, but on a dead ball call?
They just shouldn't have blown the whistle so early, they should have let it go till there was an actual penalty. They didn't see the false start which is why there was no flag for that. The ref said the d-line didn't touch anyone on the offensive side when they jumped and the replays they showed confirmed that so they didn't throw a flag on that either. That means that the D-line still had time to get back on the other side of the ball before the ball was snapped but the refs blew the whilste too early, they should have waited for one of 2 things:

1: The d-line to get back on thier side and the ball is snapped which would start the play.

2: The d-line to touch an offensive player, or the ball to be snapped while the D player was still on the the other side, and call offsides.

and for that int-reversal, how can he spend that long at the replay booth talking to whoever is upstairs and reverse it? first off, isn't there a time limit? and 2ndly, what the hell replay was he watching?
Oh he blew that call big time. But as far as taking so long, they say thats one indication that the call is being overturned because they need to not only look at the play being reviewed but if they're going to overturn it, they need to look at where the ball was before the play and how much time was on the clock so they can fix it. In this case, and I'm sure a few others, he needs to think about the rule and explanation he's going to use to explain why he's overturning it. Because he attempted to use an obscure rule (if it even exists) to explain this one, I'm sure he needed some time to think about how he was going to say it.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

see! they know they're guilty, so they're not punishing him for complaining about it.

its all about the $$$$....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs0 ... id=2296578

Report: Porter won't be fined for comments on refs
ESPN.com news services

The NFL admitted getting a crucial call wrong in the Steelers' victory over the Colts on Sunday. Now, reportedly, the league is prepared to give the Steelers' Joey Porter a break for his response.

An NFL source told ESPN2 Cold Pizza contributor Bob Glauber that Porter will not be fined for his comments about NFL officials following Sunday's game. Also, the Beaver (Pa.) County Times is reporting that Porter was told by coach Bill Cowher that he won't be fined.

When Troy Polamalu's fourth-quarter interception was overturned by referee Pete Morelli, Porter felt the Steelers were facing opponents on two fronts: the Colts and the refs.

"I know they wanted Indy to win this game," Porter said after the game. "The whole world loves Peyton Manning, but come on man, don't take the game away from us.

"I felt they were cheating us. When the interception happened, everybody in the world knew that was an interception. Don't cheat us that bad. When they did that, they really want Peyton Manning and these guys to win the Super Bowl. They are just going to straight take it for them. I felt that they were like 'We don't even care if you know we're cheating. We're cheating for them.' "

Mike Pereira, the league's vice president of officiating, said in a statement that Morelli should have let the call on the field stand.

"He maintained possession long enough to establish a catch," Pereira said. "Therefore, the replay review should have upheld the call on the field that it was a catch and fumble."

Cowher dismissed Porter's angry comments Tuesday, calling them "ridiculous."

"Joey's comments at the end of the game were certainly made out of frustration," Cowher said. "But there's no conspiracy or things of that nature. That's ridiculous."