Celtics

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Celtics

Post by H20 »

I was going to put this in lewpacs Favre thread sinc he mentioned the Celtics but I didn't want to change the subject.

I for one love the Celtics. Anybody see thier alternate Green and Black road Jerseys? SWEET... :o They look better than ours but people would complain about black numbers on dark green Jerseys if we used something similar. :roll: Maybe something like that with the tapa HAWAII and triangle designs on it somewhere.

edit: heres a couple pics:

I know they still use the regular Green and White ones cause they used them today, or yesterday or whatever so thats how I figure there are the alternates.

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

I like the Knicks, but there will always be an argument as to weather the Celtics, or the Lakers are the best of all time. To me, the Celtics are like the Yankees of B-ball, and while I dislike Boston as a whole, I think they are the best B-ball club ever
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

themainevent
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by themainevent »

BKWarrior wrote:I like the Knicks, but there will always be an argument as to weather the Celtics, or the Lakers are the best of all time. To me, the Celtics are like the Yankees of B-ball, and while I dislike Boston as a whole, I think they are the best B-ball club ever
But like the Yankees were until the mid-90's, they are living off of their mystique and past success. Bad trades, bad drafts, bad free-agent signings....you name it the Celtics have done it for the last 12 years. They had a solid nucleus with Billups, Walker, and Pierce but they broke it up and didn't give them time to gel. Just bad personnel decisions in general.

Although I don't like them, the Lakers would be my choice for best all-time franchise because they have consistently won in every single decade. The majority of Boston's championships came via the Bill Russell era.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Aside from the Red Sox curse, the Celtics have been cursed since breaking up the Bird/Parrish/McHale trio....
Reggie Lewis, Len Bias, bad trades all haunt them..

Until Brady and Co. came about the Patriots could never win the big games..

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Well, they did make the superbowl in the mid-90's but I understand what you're sayin. AS for the Yanks, they won in the late 90s, and remember the subway series?
The only thing I'm going on is number of Championships and winning seasons. If the Lakers have more, I will admit my mistake, and say the Lakers are the best. For instance the best teams for me (right now) are

B-Ball----Celtics
Football---Packers
Baseball---Come on, how can anyone argue with the Yanks (even if you hate them, and I'm SURE I can defeat any arguments against them)

I don't know hockey, so I couldn't say, I would guess some Canadian team
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!