WATERPOLO ON HAWAII

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
spasilac
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

WATERPOLO ON HAWAII

Post by spasilac »

Hy my name is Darko and I am from Serbia and Montenegro,and I work there as a waterpolo coach for 2 years.I am intrested in your waterpolo,and I would like to know how much klubs do you have,how's there organisation,about your ligue,cups...and how's a material situacion of waterpolo coaches,if you know what I mean.I would be very glad to get some answers and meet somebody from Hawaiian waterpolo.I hope that I wrote this corretly:"ALOHA TO EVERYBODY ON HAWAII FROm SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO" ps:Sory about my english,I hope that you understand me :->

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Re: WATERPOLO ON HAWAII

Post by Scott »

spasilac wrote:Hy my name is Darko and I am from Serbia and Montenegro,and I work there as a waterpolo coach for 2 years.I am intrested in your waterpolo,and I would like to know how much klubs do you have,how's there organisation,about your ligue,cups...and how's a material situacion of waterpolo coaches,if you know what I mean.I would be very glad to get some answers and meet somebody from Hawaiian waterpolo.I hope that I wrote this corretly:"ALOHA TO EVERYBODY ON HAWAII FROm SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO" ps:Sory about my english,I hope that you understand me :->
Aloha and welcome to the sports hawaii ohana (family) You're english is great and I hope someone will be able to help you with some information. I'll try my best and see if I can do a little research for you!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

spasilac
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by spasilac »

Thank you very much I'm looking forwaord to get some information on Hawaiian waterpolo,and I'm very glad to meet someone from this beautyfull land.pozdrav (this is how we say hy)

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

zgpacboume,

Good to see some more international flavor on the boards. I don't know much about water polo, but there should be a few on this board that do.

Do you also follow basketball? I heard that there are some extremely good players in Eastern Europe. We've had our share.

spasilac
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by spasilac »

Sorry but I don't watch basketball very much,only NBA sometimes.All I know that we have very good young players,but they all intend to get away from this country as soon as possible,because they don't have feauture here,and there is no money.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Aloha spasilac and Welcome to the SportsHawaii Ohana...

I don't know much about WaterPolo in General but I do know that at the High School Level, in Hawaii, WaterPolo is usually dominated by the Private Schools (Punahou, Iolani, Kamehameha) because not all Public Schools has their own swimming pools on campus. Not all Public Schools house teams, though recently it's becoming more popular. Many of the top talent (Boys and Girls) end up at PAC-10 or other California schools where their WaterPolo program is much more advanced...

Here is a link to the 2005 Girls HS Championship bracket and eventual champion:
http://hhsaa.org/page_server//Sports/Wa ... F8B23.html

Here is a link to the Women's Water Polo Team at UH Manoa:
http://hawaiiathletics.com/sport.html?p=13

This Article was written in 2004 but speaks of the rise of WaterPolo talent in Hawaii:
http://starbulletin.com/2004/05/30/sports/story3.html

I'm going to move this to the Hawaii Sports Forum and reply there and maybe there will be other contributions to this this thread beside the college level.

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Aloha! Since you're from Europe, I assume you like "futbol" :wink: FORZA ITALIA!(Italia will win the World Cup, by the way)
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

spasilac
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by spasilac »

Thank you BigWave very much for the help.And I have one more question,how do you say on hawaiian:"I love you",maybe it is a silly question,but I'm very interested.
To BKwarior,sorry about this but Serbia and Montenegro is going to win world cup.(':-$')
Mahalo

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I don't think there is a particular Hawaiian Word for "I Love You"...

H20 is the Big Hawaiian who might be able to shed some light on various phrases..