Is M.Wie's public crying getting old?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
BigWave96744

Is M.Wie's public crying getting old?

Post by BigWave96744 »

Ok, I'm not a Michelle Wie hater but I wanted to hear what you all think. It just seems that when ever she doesn't make the cut, she is shown crying. So she's 16 years old and still a child, right?

SO WHAT?
- She's getting paid $MILLIONS from Nike and Sony
- She's a pro
- She's playing against men

Turning pro in golf is NO different than turning pro in any other sport (individual or team). How would you like if Labron James cried if he missed a game winning Free Throw, or Freddy Adu crying he got clocked during a soccer game, or some phenom surfer cryed because the waves were too big to paddle out?

Being a phenom teen amateur has NO pressure because you aren't Expected to play with the Big Boys. But once you sign the line and receive the paycheck you enter a new realm where folks play to put food on their table.

What team Wie needs to work on is the Psychological aspect of Michelle's game.

Anyway, how you figgah?
Fire away....

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Personally, it's irratating (sp?) but she does look cute crying. :lol:

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

Honestly...this whole Michelle Wie thing is getting old. Until she actually wins a tourney, maybe all this is worth it. Not now. I mean she's playing against men. She's been trying for a few years now. I mean, gee....take a hint. Maybe you're not good enough yet. Too bad though...it's all about selling tickets and the media attention. Getting old already.
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

barak181
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by barak181 »

She's a sixteen year old girl. They cry. Get used to it.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

barak181 wrote:She's a sixteen year old girl. They cry. Get used to it.
:rofl:

I saw that coming a MILE away.

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by The808Chef »

barak181 wrote:She's a sixteen year old girl. They cry. Get used to it.
Hold up yo! She's a 16 year old that chose to give up her amatuer status and play with professionals. If she like play with the pros, she should act like one. This is not the Punahou JR prom or the Publinks. This is the pros baby!

There's no crying in GOLF!! :roll:

barak181
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by barak181 »

Let me put it this way.

Which behavior trait is going to be dominant?

A. The professional demeanor that Michelle is supposed to magically and instantly adopt because she turned pro and accepted a multi-million endorsement deal?

or

B. A genetic predisposition to emotional displays that comes from being
1. Female
2. A young female

To my line of thinking, the millions of years of evolution behind the two x chromosomes are going to win out every time.

You learn to deal with it - or you'll never learn how to deal with a woman.

Parkpill
Starter
Starter
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Browns

Post by Parkpill »

barak181 wrote:Let me put it this way.

Which behavior trait is going to be dominant?

A. The professional demeanor that Michelle is supposed to magically and instantly adopt because she turned pro and accepted a multi-million endorsement deal?

or

B. A genetic predisposition to emotional displays that comes from being
1. Female
2. A young female

To my line of thinking, the millions of years of evolution behind the two x chromosomes are going to win out every time.

You learn to deal with it - or you'll never learn how to deal with a woman.

You hit the nail on the head!

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by The808Chef »

Dude...relax. No need to go CSI on me man. I'm not saying she shouldn't cry because emotions in sports plays a big part. Just don't do it in front of a camera and the whole ESPN world. I mean what does that tell you about her composure? Can't keep it together after a bad day? There's more to come girl. She better get used to that.

Composure bro composure. 8)

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

NOOOO I can't stand to see an asian girl upset :cry: :cry: :cry: She's a woman/girl they cry, they cry about everything. She'll do the same in her 20s and 30s and 80s. Just have Wyokie console her, and all will be good.
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

BKWarrior wrote:NOOOO I can't stand to see an asian girl upset :cry: :cry: :cry: She's a woman/girl they cry, they cry about everything. She'll do the same in her 20s and 30s and 80s. Just have Wyokie console her, and all will be good.
Thanks, BK! :roll:
:rofl:

barak181
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by barak181 »

The808Fringe wrote: I mean what does that tell you about her composure? Can't keep it together after a bad day? There's more to come girl. She better get used to that.
I think that's the young part. Composure will come with age and experience, I think. Right now she still a young girl, she's going to act like one sometimes. And really, what's wrong with letting her be 16? (Granted, a really friggin' rich 16...)
BKWarrior wrote:Just have Wyokie console her, and all will be good.
Dude, don't they have laws against stuff like that? [-X :lol:

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

barak181 wrote:
BKWarrior wrote:Just have Wyokie console her, and all will be good.
Dude, don't they have laws against stuff like that? [-X :lol:
Oh,...Hardy Har Har Guys. Real cute. [-X

prideperiod
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Wie and Crying

Post by prideperiod »

Michelle needs to understand that she's playing with men pros. She skipped the junior circuit, skipped high school golf, skipped college women's golf, went past college men's golf, skipped the LPGA tour, the minor league men's tours, and then expects to be succesful with the big boys? She needs to be patient. and her parents and sponsors need to be patient. These pros practice every day, like the rest of us go to work. This isn't recreational golf. This is golf at it's most competitive level. Even though she is a very talented golfer. she will never be consistent enough if she's sitting in Calculus, Physics, History, and Econ class, while everyone else is practicing getting out of sand, hitting the ball around trees, hitting a three wood on an upward lie. BE PATIENT. YOU ARE PLAYING WITH THE BIG DOGS. Guys like Dean wilson, Beau Yokomoto, Brandon Kop, and David Ishii are great golfers. and they didn't score that much lower than she did. She'll be alright.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

I think we should just enjoy seeing one of sport's rising stars grow up. She already is one of the best women golfers as she would have placed 15th on the LPGA's money list playing in only 7 events last year. As with any athlete, but with golfers in particular, there will be ups and downs. She's trying to do things at 16 years old that would have seemed unachievable before she hit the worldwide scene only several years ago. By setting those types of goals, she's more likely to fail than not. Ultimately she may not reach all of her goals, but she will be successful and her achievements will be remarkable. The best thing is that we are getting to see it all unfold from a nine-year old to the superstar that she will become.