Is M.Wie's public crying getting old?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

Just like when Jasmine Trias cried to remain in American Idol... :lol: I still remember that...kinda felt bad for the girl that got kicked out..

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

She might be 16 but she's ver mature. I can't imagine her dating someone her own age, when she's ready.
No matter what, be happy you still got your health!

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

I don't know that she'd be able to maintain a good relationship for some time. She travels too much, seems to be too much of a book worm, and she's rich. All very intimidating for a young man. Wonder if she's gonna got o UH?
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

She wanted to attend Stanford but now thats she's turn pro, who knows.
No matter what, be happy you still got your health!

beegpk
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by beegpk »

Don't let the crying fool you ... that is all part of the game
She is a wicked competitor and any male symphathy she can get serves her well on the mens tour

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Cut her some slack. She's overwhelmed. It's not about the losing, but she's losing in front of the world.

She's under more pressure than 99.9% of us.
She's only 16.
She's a young teenage girl.
She represents women all around the world that believe that a woman can play in a sport that has been dominated by men for years.

I believe it's a sign that she's not emotionally ready, but how can you say no to all those millions? If not offered all those millions, I believe the Wie family would have kept her as away from the pros for a couple more years.

If she bombs, men will say, "See, women can't play with men" and women will say, "She just messed it up for all of us".

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Good job to Parker for making the cut.

lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lewpac »

The backlash against Wei is warming up. I'm starting to here rumblings and murmers against all 'PC logic.'
The complaining has some starch to it if you listen. Their problem is that Camp Wie's arrogance dictates that she doesn't even have to play against the gal's, a group in which she has NEVER won. No, she's so wonderfull that she, and she alone, can surpass all that nonsense and challenge the guys (in which she also has NEVER won a tourny).
She was a cool gig for a small time. Now, the real sports guru's are comming out and decending upon her for being pompus, arrogant and above herself.
I love her and hope she succeed's. I'm just sharing what the national breeze is blowing. The resentment is gaining momentum...............

H20

Post by H20 »

Here's my question, is anyone asking for the PGA cards back from any men that finished behind her? Kind of odd to say she doesnt belong because she's not good enough and let the men she beat keep playing.

H20

Post by H20 »

H20 wrote:Good job to Parker for making the cut.
Nice round by Parker.

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=4084

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

lol listen to urselves... you guys are ACTING too macho like f*** crying is wrong... its called an emotion.. sometimes emotions get the better of you....

especially when someone thinks they couldve done better but fell short... do you call ALL those men crybabies who cried after they lost in the ncaa final four or after their loss in the rose bowl.... and ill bet you everytime after losing in the championships they'd cry and these are 20 year old men... not 16 year old girls.... s*** ive even seen UH players cry after a loss and it was during regular season..

the only reason u guys are picking on her is cuz shes in the spotlight. i never once heard any of you guys bring up the fact that men players cry in "TOUGHER" sports like football.

heh IF THERES NO CRYING IN GOLF.... THEN THERE BETTER BE NO WAY IN HELL CRYING IN FOOTBALL....

mtnbkr4eva
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Wie and Crying

Post by mtnbkr4eva »

quote:
Michelle needs to understand that she's playing with men pros. She skipped the junior circuit, skipped high school golf, skipped college women's golf, went past college men's golf, skipped the LPGA tour, the minor league men's tours, and then expects to be succesful with the big boys? She needs to be patient. and her parents and sponsors need to be patient.

She may have skipped a lot of things, but she did not skip the LPGA. Hell, she hasnt even started yet! She's not eligible to join the LPGA yet. She plays in selected tourneys by sponsor exemption only because she brings in the huge money anywhere she plays. She is a huge boon to Golf in general. Purses are going up because of her, and other LPGA pros are benefitting by her being invited to tournaments. When she starts making PGA cuts, she'll do the same for the men.

As far as her crying on camera, teenagers are emotional as we all know. Cut her some slack! As far as I'm concerned, anyone who can bomb drives 300 yards, and has that kind of dough, and looks that hot, can do whatever she wants!

PS: What is Dick Vermeil's excuse for cring all the time?

uhwarriors

Re: Wie and Crying

Post by uhwarriors »

mtnbkr4eva wrote:She may have skipped a lot of things, but she did not skip the LPGA. Hell, she hasnt even started yet! She's not eligible to join the LPGA yet. She plays in selected tourneys by sponsor exemption only because she brings in the huge money anywhere she plays. She is a huge boon to Golf in general. Purses are going up because of her, and other LPGA pros are benefitting by her being invited to tournaments. When she starts making PGA cuts, she'll do the same for the men.
Very good points. She must be 18 to join the LPGA and can play in only 6 LPGA tournaments on sponsor exemptions. She can also play in the Women's British Open and French Open because those are not LPGA events. 8 tournaments spread out through the year just isn't enough to gain the kind of consistency that is needed to win. Thus she needs the men's tournaments to fill out her schedule.

She will have the same effect on the LPGA when she can start playing in a lot of events as Tiger has had on the PGA. TV exposure, attendence and sponsorships will go way up and so will the prize purses. Along the way if she choses to play in a handful of PGA events, more power to her.

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

i think some people here are just jealous that as 40 year olds they cant earn a days living doing their 9 to 5s... now here comes wie earning more money 99.9% of the people on the board will ever make in their lives in just 1 year. and shes only 16... shes got endorsements that pay her 10 million a year 5 by sony and 5 by nike... every year.. so cut the girl some slack .. oh and its okay being jealous of a 16 year old.... lol shes getting 10 million a year playing golf.... and she doesnt even have to win.... hahahahaha... sooooo basically shes earning 10 million a year for crying....

lou909
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lou909 »

IPatentllo7o1 wrote:i think some people here are just jealous that as 40 year olds they cant earn a days living doing their 9 to 5s... now here comes wie earning more money 99.9% of the people on the board will ever make in their lives in just 1 year. and shes only 16... shes got endorsements that pay her 10 million a year 5 by sony and 5 by nike... every year.. so cut the girl some slack .. oh and its okay being jealous of a 16 year old.... lol shes getting 10 million a year playing golf.... and she doesnt even have to win.... hahahahaha... sooooo basically shes earning 10 million a year for crying....
hahahahahaha..... you got that right.... this forum seems to have a bunch of old hags.....hahahahahaha......YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE YOU OLD FARTS!!!!!!