Bentofan's 2006 NFL mock draft

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
bentofan
Play Maker
Play Maker

Bentofan's 2006 NFL mock draft

Post by bentofan »

Of course, barring no trades..I'm just having fun here.

1.HOUSTON--RB-REGGIE BUSH--USC
2,NEW ORLEANS--QB-MATT LEINART--USC
3.TENNESSEE--QB-VINCE YOUNG--TEXAS
4.N.Y JETS--OT-D'BRICKASHAW FERGUSON--VIRGINIA
5.GREENBAY--DE-MATHIAS KIWANUKA--BOSTON COLLEGE
6.OAKLAND RAIDERS--DE-MARIO WILLIAMS--NC STATE
7.SANFRANCISCO--LB-AJ HAWK-OHIO STATE
8.BUFFALO BILLS--RB-LENDALE WHITE-USC
9.DETROIT--OT-WINSTON JUSTICE-USC
10.ARIZONA--DT-HALOTI NGATA-OREGON
11.ST.LOUIS--CB-JIMMY WILLIAMS-VIRGINIA TECH
12.CLEVELAND BROWNS--LB-DEMECO RYANS-ALABAMA
13.BALTIMORE--RB-DE'ANGELO WILLIAMS-MEMPHIS
14.PHILAELPHIA--WR-SANTONIO HOLMES--OHIO STATE
15.ATLANTA--CB-MICHAEL HUFF-TEXAS
16.MIAMI--OT-MARCUS MCNEIL-AUBURN
17.MINNESOTA--RB-LAURENCE MARONEY--MINNESOTA
18.DALLAS--QB-JAY CUTLER-VANDERBILT
19.SAN DIEGO--LB-CHAD GREENWAY-IOWA
20.KANSAS CITY--CB-DARNELL BING-USC
21.NEW ENGLAND--DT-ORIEN HARRIS-MIAMI FL
22.DENVER--TE-MERCEDE LEWIS-UCLA
23.TAMPA BAY--DE-TAMBA HALI-PENN STATE
24.CAROLINA-TE-VERNON DAVIS-MARYLAND
25.CHICAGO--WR-DEREK HAGAN-ARIZONA STATE
26.CINCINNATTI--DT-GABE WATSON-MICHIGAN
27.PITSBURGH--C-NICK MANGOLD-OHIO STATE
28.NY GIANTS--CB-ANTONIO CROMARTIE-FLORIDA STATE
29.JACKSONVILLE--ILB-AMHAD BROOKS-VIRGINIA
30.DENVER--WR-MAURICE STOVALL-NOTRE DAME
31.SEATTLE--OLB-THOMAS HOWARD-UTEP
32.INDIANAPOLIS--OT--ERIC WINSTON--MIAMI FL
Follow men's eyes as they look to the skies
The shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of their dreams...Rush-"Jacob's Ladder"

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

wow man, you have a lot of time on your hands. I could never go through all of that.

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tangomike »

I like the list, but i wonder if san fran would be better off taking lendale white. frank gore and barlow are just ok. I also wonder if buffalo would really take lendale since they already have willis mcgehee. I think lendale white will go to the jets.

I think there is going to be alot of wheeling and dealing on draft day.

themainevent
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by themainevent »

Ngata could possibly go anywhere from 1-3 slots higher. I could see White going to the Cardinals simply because of the needs of the other teams. If White is still available, the Cards will probably take him since JJ Arrington probably isn't the answer.

Miami may also take Jay Cutler 16th, and don't be surprised if the Rams take Huff as their pick instead of Williams.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

you're like the local mel kiper jr!
i don't know which i am more; impressed with your insight or amazed you had time to do all that.

i just hope my rams go after defensive help.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

You folks think Leinhart will be taken ahead of V. Young?
Wow Leinhart must have really wanted to take dancing because:
1) He went from last year's #1 to who know where
2) Didn't win the Heisman
3) Didn't win the National Title
4) Put up less number his Jr. Year.

He better pray that N.O. takes Vince, then he can be reunited with Norm Chow at Tennessee

botokuno
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by botokuno »

I know you're just having some fun, but this mock draft was no good from the day you posted it based purely on the draft positions. By the 11th, the Patriots are drafting no earlier than 25th.

But I'll just go on the assumption you've been working on this a while and got the order from a website that hasn't update itself since the Wild Card Round ended.

Plus, as a Colts fan, I doubt that they'd draft Eric Winston at #32 (or higher). If history is any indicator, the Colts almost never draft an offensive lineman any higher than the 4th round, with the lone exception being LT Tarik Glenn. Granted Glenn is in his 9th season, and a replacement/back-up to protect the best (and highest paid) QB in the league must be on their minds, I still doubt that a lineman would be taken in the first round.

So, again going by history as an indicator of where the Colts would go with this pick, I would look at their history of free agency moves in regards to the defense. In 2002, the Colts let Mike Peterson leave; in 2003, they let Marcus Washington leave; and in 2004, Rob Morris left, but came back after he couldn't find another job. That's three starting linebackers in three years. Following this trend, David Thornton would be allowed to leave via free agency meaning there'd be a need to fill a linebacker spot. Granted, there's Kendyll Pope and Gilbert Gardner, but Kendyll Pope was suspended for the season for illegal subtance abuse (if I remember correctly, it was steroids because he's oft injured and was probably trying to get healthy) and it'd be best if both Pope and Gardner had some form of competition.

Starter
Starter

Post by 1014 »

tangomike wrote:I like the list, but i wonder if san fran would be better off taking lendale white. frank gore and barlow are just ok. I also wonder if buffalo would really take lendale since they already have willis mcgehee. I think lendale white will go to the jets.

I think there is going to be alot of wheeling and dealing on draft day.
talk here is that julian might bolt and aj hawk would be able to step right in.

bentofan
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by bentofan »

Lendale White can go anywhere in the top ffiteen, it all depends how he does in the combines now. But the Bills have never reovered since Barry Sanders retired a shy early. The NY Jets are hurting on the offensive line and OT Brickashaw Ferguson is a monster. You need to protect your QB. GreenBay needs a pass rusher badly and was dabbling in the fact that they are looking at White as well. Basically, the first three are a given so the draft really starts with the NYJets and who they will select. There will be a lot of teams trading down possibly because a lot of the top ten teams needs offensive line help, so, they can get good value late in the first or early in the second round for an OT position. I really don't think this is a deep class. Most teams after fifteen will just be taking the best available athlete on the board.
Follow men's eyes as they look to the skies
The shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of their dreams...Rush-"Jacob's Ladder"

cp222
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by cp222 »

Cool Mock.....Being a Cowboy Fan, I wouldnt mind getting that QB at Number 18...That would be nice. If not him then maybe a Oline help or a WR...

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

I don't know where this came from, I got it on another board, but the photoshop is one of the best I've ever seen. Other than the Texas logo on the ball.