NFL Draft

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

NFL Draft

Post by browndog »

Seems like lots of sports radio shows are discussing what the Texans should do with the #1 pick since Vince Young had a monster game and he is a Houston native.

I would still go with Reggie Bush personally. I'm not convinced that Young is that good or USCs defense just sucked.

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

Not convinced? This wasn't his first Rose Bowl, go back to his Soph. year in the Rose Bowl against the Wolverines. He leads the Longhorns to a comeback win, just running all over the Big Blue left and right. Bush is great, but with the Texans' o-line a mobile QB would be much more helpful. Of course, both haven't even declared in the draft yet..

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

I would take Young over Bush if I was drafting. (Somehow that sounds perverted!) Vince young is very very good.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

lolo leinart should have gone pro last year, he would have been the #1 pick. he couldve been a good fit in San Francisco. Now "poor" him, he's probably fallen to #3 overall.

lou909
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lou909 »

browndog wrote:lolo leinart should have gone pro last year, he would have been the #1 pick. he couldve been a good fit in San Francisco. Now "poor" him, he's probably fallen to #3 overall.
yeah he went from San Fran to New Orleans :-? .......... he must be kicking himself in the foot........

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

lou909 wrote:
browndog wrote:lolo leinart should have gone pro last year, he would have been the #1 pick. he couldve been a good fit in San Francisco. Now "poor" him, he's probably fallen to #3 overall.
yeah he went from San Fran to New Orleans :-? .......... he must be kicking himself in the foot........
Haha, can we say curse? After watching the Archie Manning story, I wouldn't rule that out.

I actually have a relative that played QB for the Saints back in the day. My dad's first cousin.

themainevent
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: NFL Draft

Post by themainevent »

browndog wrote:Seems like lots of sports radio shows are discussing what the Texans should do with the #1 pick since Vince Young had a monster game and he is a Houston native.

I would still go with Reggie Bush personally. I'm not convinced that Young is that good or USCs defense just sucked.
In the NFL, you need to pass the ball. I agree that while Young is extremely gifted physically, he hasn't really demonstrated the ability to be a proficient pocket passer. But he'll go high for the same reason that Mike Vick went high. Teams and pro scouts are salivating over his physical gifts and they believe that he can be taught to run a pro-style offense. A lot of Young's success at passing was because the defense had to account for his running ability. It's not like they could always rush 3 or 4 and drop everyone else back in coverage a la Timmy Chang.

the home team
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by the home team »

titans should pick leinart

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

At this point, though I like Young better, look at the most successful teams over the last few years. NE, Indianapolis, Pittsburg etc. Their QBs don't run much. Maybe it'll change (Philly made it to the SB with McNabb) but at this point I think Leinhart would be a "safer" choice. BUT, in the long run, Young will be better, he will need more time though, to develop than ML.
With a guy like him, he will have to sit, relax, and learn before he can be shot out there. The Texans need a quick fix, which I don't think will happen. Besides, I think they really need more help on the OL than anything else.
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

masu
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by masu »

Bush is almost a Guarantee success, however, history has shown that over the long haul an accurate QB is much more successful than a running one. IMO, the reason why Young was so successful is that he was able to run and run a lot (TX even ran some option). BUT, in the pros you can't consistantly win with a running QB. They take too much punishment... Don't get me wrong, Young is talented, just not worth taking #1 overall.

LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by LocalCheesehead »

Lets see...Leinart came back to USC for one more season so he could;
1. Finish 3rd in the Heisman voting.
2. Lose the National Championship.
3.Get drafted third instead of first so he can end up in New Orleans and not his home state Cali. (49ers)

Good move Matt!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

LocalCheesehead wrote:Lets see...Leinart came back to USC for one more season so he could;
3.Get drafted third instead of first so he can end up in New Orleans and not his home state Cali. (49ers)

Good move Matt!
LOL True Dat!

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

Scott wrote:
LocalCheesehead wrote:Lets see...Leinart came back to USC for one more season so he could;

Good move Matt!
LOL True Dat!

Nah he came back for the Ball Room Dancing. He's got a thing for old ladies!
ImageImageImage

TemeculaWarrior
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TemeculaWarrior »

JWarrior wrote:Nah he came back for the Ball Room Dancing. He's got a thing for old ladies!
JWarrior, you knew that JLo was Matt's instructor at USC this semester.
She was hired, for a pretty penny I might add, after the success of the movie “Shall We Dance?”
How old are you that you think she's an "old lady?" Yikes, dude! You must be twelve!!!

TW 8)

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

BKWarrior wrote:At this point, though I like Young better, look at the most successful teams over the last few years. NE, Indianapolis, Pittsburg etc. Their QBs don't run much. Maybe it'll change (Philly made it to the SB with McNabb) but at this point I think Leinhart would be a "safer" choice. BUT, in the long run, Young will be better, he will need more time though, to develop than ML.
With a guy like him, he will have to sit, relax, and learn before he can be shot out there. The Texans need a quick fix, which I don't think will happen. Besides, I think they really need more help on the OL than anything else.
i agree that the texans seem to need more OL help, they have invested 4 years into Carr and Vince Young may take another 4 to develop. Philly did make the superbowl, but by then McNabb's running was relatively limited vs his passing.