Rose Bowl Game Thread

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

browndog wrote:
flipen wrote:Man I wonder if Vince Young declares for the draft, Houston would be willing to drop the "build around David Carr crap" and draft Young. He could do wonders for Houston being that he is extremely athletic and would stay in his home state. Carr hasn't produced, I know their o-line sucks, but you wouldn't hear the end of it if you passed on Vince Young..
if young does declare, how about the texans trading down to #3 and grab young then after bush and leinart. that way they get an additional pick for the trade. depends how badly the #3 pick (is it detroit) wants bush.
VY would go before Leinart

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

I think I pointed this out way back, even before the season when it pertained to only BYU and NC St. Now we can add USC to this.

The Norm Chow factor.

BYU in Chows last year '99 (8-4) (one NC while he's there)
BYU the next year '00 (6-6) (No NC's since)

NC State in Chows last year '01 (8-4)
NC State the next year '02 (7-5)

USC in Chows last year '04 (13-0) (two NC's while he's there)
USC the next year '05 (12-1) (No NC's since, lol)

It's official, if you drop Norm Chow you're not going to do as good the next year. :lol:

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

HA, I voted that Texas would win. WHY? No team can stay on top forever, this is college football! The best damn sport in the nation! Look at Miami, Nebraska, Michigan etc. They shoulda been fighting for a NC! I wanted USC to win (don't like Texas as a state) but I knew Texas would win. Man, if young were at USC....well....Bush wouldn't have had so many yards....
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

We're one the of the selected few that picked Texas to win BK.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like any of 'em but I dislike SC more. What we saw last night was one player on a pretty good team beat 2 Heisman winners and top 2 picks in the NFL draft. That says something about Vince Young. Texas has a helluva team. I watched their game agains Ohio State and I thought then, if Texas goes to the Rose Bowl against SC, they'll win with that D. Their D is pretty damn good and for once, I saw a team whose speed, size, quickness, and prowess that measures equal if not better than SC. Sure SC's D didn't play well at the end but we knew that all year long. Their offense saved them more often than not this year. In years past, they had the D to stop people dead in their tracks. Last year was a great example of that D. Not this year. That was their weakness all year long. SC will be back I'm sure but I'll savor their defeat for now.

Hopefully VY stays in school, wins the Heisman and maybe another NC next year and go #1 in the 07 draft.
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!