Coach Ken and FLA..

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
mega
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Coach Ken and FLA..

Post by mega »

I'm not sure if you're from FL but could you summarize the competition between the top 3 dogs, Univ of FL, Miami of FL and Florida st. I remember having a conversation with someone who played for Florida st
and talked about the hate between Fl and Fl state. I'm not sure if there's
a more intense rivalry in college football between Florida and Fl State.

Hawaii nemisis in the past was BYU. But it was more of a respectable rivalry, similiar to USC and UCLA.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

He is from Florida.

Moving to the forum for general NCAA stuff.

wayoutwest
Play Maker
Play Maker
MLB: Orioles

Post by wayoutwest »

auburn-alabama gets nasty, or so i've heard (from a friend who's an auburn fan, family has season tix).

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Growing up a Nole fan, I can tell you that to this day, even with Hawaii bein my favorite football team, when I see someone in a Gator cap, all I can think of is punching them. Not bragging bout FSu winnin the ACC, while Fla bowed out of the SEC, just "punch Gator-b!tch out". The hate is there.

It's funny though, most Bostonians HATE New Yorkers (mainly Yanks fans, but there is a hate deeper than just baseball, they hate our city more), but most New Yorkers could give two sh!ts bout Boston.
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

CoachKen
Insider
Insider

Post by CoachKen »

Okay, here is the total Florida picture:

Florida has always been considered "The School" Yes the rivalry is strong and I have been to these games to see it first hand. Miami has been the defiant bad boy who has come in as the spoiler each year.

Florida is quickly emerging as the top recruiting school and Urban Meyer is incredible as a recruiter. He is tireless and will be in Miami, Tampa, and Jacksonville all in the same day. He lived with our coaching staff to get Tim Tebow. I think soon the party will be over in Florida's favor and I say that as someone who has always favored FSU. FSU is seeing the slow erosion of lossing Mark Richt and Chuck Amato. Miami is in total chaos and will soon be struggling to compete. All the great players from South Florida they use to get are going to Florida.

Bottom line? FSU and Miami are being outworked by the Florida Staff and as BKWarrior would probably agree, Jeff Bowden is a problem. Before Rick's room was decorated with Warrior flags and helmets, it was all FSU. He wore #9 because he liked.....BKWarrior, you know who!

The changing of the guard is at hand....by the way the Auburn vs. Alabama game is not a game....it is war. The entire state is in a frenzy. I would have to rate it higher than Florida vs. FSU.
Character, strength, and honor!

themainevent
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by themainevent »

BK two words for you man:

"Wide Right."

:lol:

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

themainevent wrote:BK two words for you man:

"Wide Right."

Or one word from yesterday's Orange Bowl...

"boink"

You know I jus playing brah!! Couldn't resist.
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

FSU seems to be building for defense and the run game. I'm tellin ya'll Lee is the future for FSU at QB!
My favorite Nole of all-time was number 2 :wink: Don't know who that was? Shame on all of yas! [-X

CoachKen
Insider
Insider

Post by CoachKen »

Let's see....FSU, baseball and football, Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco......Ravens....retired! Am I getting warm BKWarrior?

Quick story: Rick's aunt was a cheerleader at FSU and when Rick was a toddler, his aunt get a picture taken with #2 holding Rick!
Character, strength, and honor!

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

CoachKen wrote:Let's see....FSU, baseball and football, Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco......Ravens....retired! Am I getting warm BKWarrior?

Quick story: Rick's aunt was a cheerleader at FSU and when Rick was a toddler, his aunt get a picture taken with #2 holding Rick!
Nice Coach!

I'm sure my kid would love to have been in Rick's toddler shoes with Charlie Ward. Nuttin like taking a pix with a Heisman trophy winner.

Sike! Just kidding. I have an autographed pic of Prime Time too when he was here playing for the 9ers. Oh those glory years. :wink:
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

mega
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by mega »

CoachKen wrote:Let's see....FSU, baseball and football, Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco......Ravens....retired! Am I getting warm BKWarrior?

!
I haven't got a clue what you're talking about Coach, but once in awhile i have a "Neon" moment.

You left out "Fly Fishing!" :lol: [-X

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

mega wrote:

!
I haven't got a clue what you're talking about Coach, but once in awhile i have a "Neon" moment.

Those are hints to point towards Deon Sanders.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

warriorfan808 wrote:
mega wrote:

!

Those are hints to point towards Deon Sanders.
Well,...Duh!!!!!!! :roll:

:rofl:

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Charlie Ward, ah yes, someone just mentioned him. Did he make a huge mistake in what sport he chose or what? He was Vick before Vick! Hw had better scrambling ability than Cunningham! You forgot to mention (bout Primetime) part time rapper, and analyst(hope I spelled that right, cause without the last three letters....well...never mind :oops: )

themainevent
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by themainevent »

BKWarrior wrote:Charlie Ward, ah yes, someone just mentioned him. Did he make a huge mistake in what sport he chose or what? He was Vick before Vick! Hw had better scrambling ability than Cunningham! You forgot to mention (bout Primetime) part time rapper, and analyst(hope I spelled that right, cause without the last three letters....well...never mind :oops: )
Charlie Ward unfortunately was too far ahead of his time. Had he played football for FSU 5 years later he would've had a better shot at the gridiron. The NFL wasn't giving him any props so he stuck with bball. At least he made some dough. The Knicks signed him to a fat contract when they thought that he was their point guard of the future.