Just got back home from the game.

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
warriorfan808

Just got back home from the game.

Post by warriorfan808 »

UCF fans are just like ours!!! When Nevada was up by 10 points with just less than 3 minutes left, fans started digging out and cursing to themselves. I was like, damn you can still get back in the game. A lot can happen in 3 minutes.

I'm not sure how many people made it to the game, but I did see a couple hundred military in uniform at the game. They may have only been there for the ceremony though.

Anyone here have a count on how many were at the game.

Come to think of it, I'll probably move this to the WAC board.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Good idea. I'll move the other one.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

I'd probably guess somewhere around 15,000. Those $8 north endzone seats were more crowded than I expected.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

The Advertiser reports the attendance was 16,134 with 26,254 tickets distributed.

TemeculaWarrior
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Just got back home from the game.

Post by TemeculaWarrior »

Glad you got a chance to go, warriorfan808. How were your "charges?"

TW 8)

warriorfan808

Re: Just got back home from the game.

Post by warriorfan808 »

TemeculaWarrior wrote:Glad you got a chance to go, warriorfan808. How were your "charges?"

TW 8)
Charges? Haha, I found a babysitter. I wouldn't mind bringing the 8 year old, but I learned my lesson about bringing a 3 year old girl to a football game that doesn't want to go.

TemeculaWarrior
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TemeculaWarrior »

Lucky you, warriorfan808. Sitter resources are a cool thing to have!

TW 8)

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I brought LittleWave and he ran all over the loge and upper concourse area... That was just the first quarter... By half time he was all burnt out I had dad carry him all the way back to the car...

Was a fun time, though and hope by the 2006 season he can handle some of the home games..

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

i forgot to post after i went to the game.
the $8 seats were full at first, but then i think people realized there were no ushers to check tickets, so everyone moved to the sideline. i would've done so if i was sitting in the endzone. i was lucky to get free tickets from a friend, but we were up in the upper red right below the yellow on the mauka sideline, so we were in the sun for the whole first half.
besides that, the game was entertaining. we all thought the game was over too after reno went up by 10. ucf had some crazy fans who spelled out "GO KNIGHTS!' on their bodies, and they had given up too and had put on their shirts only to take them off again when there was the rally to tie it.
it was kinda funny watching them, as they'd be missing letters at times, and what was spelled was funny. i saw "G NIGHT", "GO N*GS" (i'm not racist, but i just thought that they should've realized what they had spelled in that last one".
who would've thought UCF would've scored 10 in that short time only to miss an extra point in OT. stupid coaching on ucf. they had missed an extra point early in the game, and for some reason went for 2 later, when the score wouldn't have mattered if they were up 5 or 6 i believe, and then misssed. if they had kicked that extra point, there would've been no OT. i guess like my other friend said, its o'leary's stupidity again, just like how he lied on his resume and didn't get the notre dame job, which was actually better for the irish getting weiss.
my poor friend in vegas. he had put money on nevada by 3, and i accidentally called him when they were up by 10 and jinxed it.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

My friend bought all of us tickets as a Christmas gift. He bought the $40.00 tickets. I still think he's bull sh177ing and got them for free, but oh well. He's a cheap guy like myself, so I just can't see him buying 7 tickets for all of us.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

i did see on the news after the game that they really got desperate for attendance and were giving away free tickets to the average swap meet visitors.
i did see a lot of military too, besides the folks that were in the halftime show, which was cool. who wouldn't want to see a free football game.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

chawan_cut wrote:i did see on the news after the game that they really got desperate for attendance and were giving away free tickets to the average swap meet visitors.
i did see a lot of military too, besides the folks that were in the halftime show, which was cool. who wouldn't want to see a free football game.
I saw all the military guys in uniform get up; leave the stadium and then come back a couple of times. I'm wondering if the Hawaii Bowl gave them those crappy seats and then told them that they could upgrade and then told them they can upgrade again. A good way of getting a couple of thousand through the gate.