Hekili Keliiliki in the Transfer Portal

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
202Warrior
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Hekili Keliiliki in the Transfer Portal

Post by 202Warrior »

Somebody….please stop the bleeding.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Footb ... nkey=24119

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Hekili Keliiliki in the Transfer Portal

Post by SundayJam »

Who is this guy H.H.? Thanks to him for his interest in Hawaii football. Hawaii is neither Pittsburgh nor Arizona. We don't have that kind of money. We do have a coach that has made a difference there and here. Coach is on the outs from those two big programs for various reasons...apparently. However, he was successful both there and here. Those other two programs have not been successful despite their big money. For me the top coaches for Hawaii were: Tomey, Jones, McMackin, and Wagner (in that order.) Over the years we somehow ended up with awful coaches like Chow and Von Appen (awful in that order.) Chow and Von Appen were supposedly answers to successful coaches. We should not repeat this nonsense. I'm sorry if your boys have lost on their opportunity to play ball here. We've got to move on.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

With a name like "Hekili Keliiliki" how can UH not pick him up.

I like your ranking on coaches, but I would put Wagner above McKackin only because of beating BYU 2X in an era when beating BYU was impossible. If you (could) as Tomey what he wish he could have to done at UH, it was to beat BYU. His DC did it. I can imagine how both men celebrated over the phone that day.

Some would put Jones at #1, but I think there were a few skeletons in his closet. How can anyone beat undefeated + Sugar Bowl invite. I don't believe we will ever see that again for UH.

Tomey was the all-around model coach. To be fair (whatever you want to call this), he didn't invite every player to his house for BBQ. And the same (conservative) play calling got him to the Fiesta Bowl, also got him "fired" from Arizona. Life of a football coach. Like Wagner, the business of coaching changed and sometimes sucks.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

cabanalane wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:25 am With a name like "Hekili Keliiliki" how can UH not pick him up.

I like your ranking on coaches, but I would put Wagner above McKackin only because of beating BYU 2X in an era when beating BYU was impossible. If you (could) as Tomey what he wish he could have to done at UH, it was to beat BYU. His DC did it. I can imagine how both men celebrated over the phone that day.

Some would put Jones at #1, but I think there were a few skeletons in his closet. How can anyone beat undefeated + Sugar Bowl invite. I don't believe we will ever see that again for UH.

Tomey was the all-around model coach. To be fair (whatever you want to call this), he didn't invite every player to his house for BBQ. And the same (conservative) play calling got him to the Fiesta Bowl, also got him "fired" from Arizona. Life of a football coach. Like Wagner, the business of coaching changed and sometimes sucks.
Mine would be Dave Holmes.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

this isn't a big loss, talent-wise, but Keliiliki was a high-character guy and will be missed in the locker room. I had high hopes for him after he demolished that defender in the Nevada game back in 2019, but it never really panned out for him. I hope he goes somewhere where he can contribute on the field.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

poidog wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:44 pm this isn't a big loss, talent-wise, but Keliiliki was a high-character guy and will be missed in the locker room. I had high hopes for him after he demolished that defender in the Nevada game back in 2019, but it never really panned out for him. I hope he goes somewhere where he can contribute on the field.
You need these kinds of high character, great student athlete types that are a major influence in the culture of the program. He graduated with a double major in biology and Chinese and will be a success in life.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Thank you Hekili for playing for the home team. Congratulations on your graduation with a double major. Graduate transfers are not uncommon. I wish you the best.

I just watched Dave Aranda demolish Lane Kiffin in the Sugar Bowl. Aranda was our guy too but he was dismissed to make way for Chow's guys. Nobody's dismissing Hekili Keliiliki. I apologize for the earlier disrespect. I know who you are. Good luck.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Best of luck to Hekili and a wish for future success wherever he goes.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.