Michael Graham in the transfer portal

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Michael Graham in the transfer portal

Post by Irse »

https://mobile.twitter.com/247SportsPor ... 9189585926

Don't know what it mean. Does he not want to be around his dad or is his dad's days are numbered here.
ImageImage

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Michael Graham in the transfer portal

Post by Duster »

Irse wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:51 am https://mobile.twitter.com/247SportsPor ... 9189585926

Don't know what it mean. Does he not want to be around his dad or is his dad's days are numbered here.
Took one for the team. It may not matter whether it was for the football team/program or for Team Graham. His presence on the team is one less thing for people to harp about.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Duster wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:00 am
Irse wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:51 am https://mobile.twitter.com/247SportsPor ... 9189585926

Took one for the team. It may not matter whether it was for the football team/program or for Team Graham. His presence on the team is one less thing for people to harp about.
OMG! He's Bethley's backup! What are we going to do?

Sarcasm aside, this is good news. One less Graham around. Bo or Todd next? We can only hope.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Another theory is.....that an overly-protective mom just doesn't want to subject her baby boy to the local public scrutiny....while choosing instead to focus on attacking player family members to defend dad.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

kapakahi wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:22 am Another theory is.....that an overly-protective mom just doesn't want to subject her baby boy to the local public scrutiny....while choosing instead to focus on attacking player family members to defend dad.
There is definitely a ring to this. Plausible explanation. They can afford to pay college tuition so he can walk on somewhere where the Graham coaching tree has taken roots.

Irse

Post by Irse »

ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

With the way things are going on it must be hard on him. It will be good for him to get away from all of this. Hope he can find another school where he will be happy. Good luck Michael.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Probably wants to get away from the toxicity. Where that toxicity is coming from, I will leave it up to you.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

For those wondering
Graham was not on scholarship.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/12/ ... er-portal/

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This seems to be a sham of sorts. First, he wasn't a highly sought after player out of high school and there is no reason he couldn't transfer to a mainland college and try to walk-on. This seems like a ploy to make the transfer portal the demon in this situation by the family.

Irse

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:48 am This seems to be a sham of sorts. First, he wasn't a highly sought after player out of high school and there is no reason he couldn't transfer to a mainland college and try to walk-on. This seems like a ploy to make the transfer portal the demon in this situation by the family.
You might be right.
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

You guys recall "kill haole day" when we were at school. Imagine that now, when you are TG's son. It's one thing for adults to handle this, but it's another for "kids" to handle this. Mainland players often integrate with the locals on the team. Imagine if you no longer get local friends/players to have your back.

Good move. It has nothing to do with football or his playing ability.

I feel sad for the family now. The TG experience is not supposed to be like this.

As a Chow Fan, I'll say this. Chow was not a bad guy. Just a bad head coach.

Is TG a bad guy or a bad head coach?

Just trying to separate between what is football and what is not.

Going back to the Hawaii Experience, which mainland coach is going to want to move to Hawaii with his family? You know coaches are going to call each other to see how the job is. How fans treat TG will affect on the next coach hiring. At this point, TG is a lameduck coach. It may not be this year, or next year, but he is gone for sure (unless UH is MW Champ next year.)

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Whoa, this has nothing to do with the old "hate" haole days of the past. And, if you were at the so called country schools, that day never existed except for Campbell, Waianae, Radford, etc. If you've been following the posts, Penni Leigh (Lane) has been blaming Covid and the transfer portal for the mass exodus of starters or potential starters. Graham and Matlin has been blaming the exodus on the transfer portal. Fans are concerned whether next year will be a year they can enjoy watching a competitive football team in the MWC. This thread is all about Michael Graham and why he is entering the transfer portal. If you've listened to Artie Wilson in UH BB, all races are discriminated against but he is still successful with his business in Hawaii because he can assimilate.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@shrek2:

Hi. I normally don't post on UH sports threads; I'm on the high school sports threads. But when I got to the home page, I noticed your post. I was born and raised here on Oahu, and went to high school in the mid-'70s. I remember "Kill Haole" days, which were appalling, unjustified, and "un-aloha". Are they still happening in high schools today? I hope not. Anyway, I noticed that you posted Radford High. I'm surprised that there were "Kill Haole" days at that school, because there were so many Caucasian students there. "Kill Haole" days seem so inappropriate and uncool for a school with so many Caucasian students. "Kill Haole" days should be a shameful thing of the past. There should be no place for such a thing in Hawaii's high schools today.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I'm small part haole also, since I'm the one that posted that. Yes, there were schools in town (Honolulu) that did that. I can still see in my mind a haole classmate of mine being pulled by her hair on to the streets, walking home, with rapid blows to her head. This was decades ago. I too would hope BS like this don't happen today anymore.

However, my point was just trying to link an example to the transfer. Football is a brotherhood. When you don't have your brothers, a place you feel like you belong, where people single you out (as TG's son), an environment where your brothers don't got your back (when a few loosers on the street approach you), then maybe you should transfer out of the program.

It was trying to point out that maybe MG is transferring NOT because he does not believe in his father's leadership. It may be better for him to follow his dream of football away for this mess, BS, or anyword to describe what's going on.