Darius Muasau transfers to UCLA

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Darius Muasau transfers to UCLA

Post by Irse »

It's getting ridiculous.
https://247sports.com/Player/Darius-Muasau-46057520/

But I guess Graham is not the problem. :roll:
ImageImage

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Darius Muasau in transfer portal

Post by Duster »

Crazy! TG has officially turned UH into a JUCO.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

https://twitter.com/chris_hummer/status/1475875112549294086
ImageImage

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

Losing all this talent is a huge blow to the program. It’s getting really depressing.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I'm here for the Graham apologists to say that Muasau is soft and won't be missed.

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

Just brutal - we are losing all of our good players and the recruiting is the worst I have ever seen. Most of the guys we are bringing in have 0 other D1 offers.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Losing CC and now Muasau (both the only local starters) is a huge blow for local recruiting as well as for local fan support (who want to support a team with local star players).

What's especially bad is that CC, Muasau, Mardner, Lockridge & Hunter all were starters & have at least 2 years of playing eligibility left....which tells me that they just couldn't see having to endure the current situation for another 2 or so seasons more....and could take the calculated risk of improving their environment.

Will be expecting the same consistent theme (starters with at least 2 years of playing eligibility left) with the next portal entries too.

Will also be expecting Wazzu (with Banker) to offer Muasau. Wazzu already has more local Hawaii starters (de Laura & Stribling) than UH will have.
Last edited by kapakahi on Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Muasau started as a true freshman and blossomed into an all-conference performer. The UH program developed him in-house... For someone else. This sucks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Flood gates are opening.

All of these players are soft.

Where are the Graham Apologists now?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

If you can't keep local kids from leaving, why even coach here? Go coach somewhere else.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Oh well. It is what is. With the transfer portal I can understand why good players leave to find better situations for themselves. I think finding good coaches will be more important going forward. Finding players will be no problem. Recruiting players that fit your system and coaching them up to game speed should be the priority. Subpar stadium and facilities doesn’t help. It is okay if players want something better. A lot of players enter the portal. I just hope that we can get our share of the good ones. Coach has said that recruiting is his number one priority. I guess we will see.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://www.manoanow.org/kaleo/sports/2 ... 46b34.html https://twitter.com/Dariusmuasau53/status/1475890234575310848 https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/status/1475875533107912705 https://twitter.com/reece_n12/status/1475912436712554496 https://twitter.com/Mike_SBN/status/1475879282731888640

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

This is on the AD. Not performing his Due Diligence prior to making the decision to hire Graham.

A simple phone call to ASU to ask why they paid Graham millions to leave prior to his contract expiration.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

My3Cats wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:53 am

Where are the Graham Apologists now?
I'll bite.

Darius Muasau never became the Jahlani Tavai we hope he would become.

However, I would have to agree that this one hurt a bit more, as Muasau has been a guy on TG's A-List.

Since I took this stance (In TG we Trust), I will say that Hawaii football is sinking and I don't know if it has to do with TG. Going back to Lee Cataluna's story, perhaps her points are gaining strength. Hawaii (UH) has always been the backup date to the prom. No stadium. No (National) TV coverage. If I was ESPN or CBS Sports, why would I telecast a venue that looks like a high school field? (Great respect for the Ching family for their $$$).

Anyone with next level pro asperations should leave UH, if can. Get more chance playing for mainland schools, and that's a fact we hate to admit.

I hope we can look back at all the players that enter the transfer portal. See where they end up and if that was a good decision or not?

My recall is that those who entered end up not to be good decisions, especially giving up being a starter. At least there's playing time, more stats, get chance.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Muasau apparently has been thinking about this from at least mid-season. He had been wavering and it seemed like he decided to stay. But he decided he couldn't take it any more, even with his brother on the team. 2x All-MWC and a captain.