*** Official McKenzie Milton thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** Official McKenzie Milton thread ***

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:o Boy he looked good on Friday against Lane Kiffen's Florida Atlantic team....I see him playing somewhere in the pros.... \:D/
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Pat Narduzzi, coach of Pittsburgh, votes Milton for Heisman.
“The quarterback is an amazing football player. He’s got my vote for the Heisman,” Narduzzi added. “I don’t know how many times we had him back there and he scrambled out and made plays. It’s hard to win football games if you can’t get off the field on third down.”
From the following article.
https://www.foxsports.com/florida/story ... cap-092918

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Any thoughts on his injury? You seen it, I don't have to link it. I have not seen anything worst on TV. It may rank 2nd to Joe Theismann in terms of seeing it. But may be worst because it's the soft parts.

I feel sorry for him. Not sure if he can come back from an injury like that. I suppose they could grant him a medical redshirt. Didn't someone at UH got something like that? I think it was Junior Lopati. He was a 6 year Senior.

For us old guys, IIRC, Junior Lopati was fast, strong, and awesome. He was strong like a Poly player and runs fast like mainland players. He hurt one knee. And again, and again, cause it probably never fully healed. They put a knee brace on him. In practice, the brace busted and cut up his other knee. So then both knees were bad. He came back and had a full Senior year. By stats, he was back. Hard work, rehab, determination. But the style he ran was totally different. No longer the same player.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Paradise lost: Why McKenzie Milton still strives to play football again after horrific injury

By Pat Forde
Yahoo Sports
August 28, 2019

McKenzie Milton looks to the replay board during UCF's game against USF on Nov. 23, 2018. (Getty)

ORLANDO, Fla. — Teresa Milton watched the NBA Finals in June as a general sports fan, not emotionally invested in either the
Golden State Warriors or the Toronto Raptors. But when she saw Kevin Durant come back from injury and get hurt again, she
had a visceral reaction.

Milton went into her bedroom and cried, struck by a lightning bolt of clarity about her own son.

“I watched it and said to myself, ‘I get McKenzie now,’ ” she told Yahoo Sports.

The fourth of her four boys is McKenzie Milton, Central Florida quarterback. In a season flush with excellent college QBs, we
are down a good man — the heart and soul of the Knights’ 2017-18 run will not play this year, still recovering from the horrific
leg injury he suffered the day after Thanksgiving. But he dreams of playing football again, pushing himself through painful and
tedious rehab, unwilling to limp away from the sport that broke him.

And now Teresa Milton understands why.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Milton pretty solid

Post by UnBiasFan »

he looks like he aged a bit … nice to see him out there

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Milton pretty solid

Post by SundayJam »

Link

I'm a huge fan...and was surprised to see him again.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

That game last night ended in the usual Bobby Bowden way...lost on a bad field goal. LOL

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

wyokie wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:01 am That game last night ended in the usual Bobby Bowden way...lost on a bad field goal. LOL
Yep. The field goal would have tied the score. After being behind as much as 18.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:02 am
wyokie wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:01 am That game last night ended in the usual Bobby Bowden way...lost on a bad field goal. LOL
Yep. The field goal would have tied the score. After being behind as much as 18.
LOL I'd say it was great way to honor Bowden. Think he lost out on 2 or 3 potential National Championships due to a bad kicker. Twice at least against Miami of Florida!!!

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

wyokie wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:29 am
LOL I'd say it was great way to honor Bowden. Think he lost out on 2 or 3 potential National Championships due to a bad kicker. Twice at least against Miami of Florida!!!
RIP … he made it to 91 … that was one hell of an era in college football in the state of Florida

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:43 pm
wyokie wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:29 am

RIP … he made it to 91 … that was one hell of an era in college football in the state of Florida
RIP to a great coach. Just couldn't find a really field goal kicker. A Sean Fleming if you will.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

McKenzie Milton Begins Coaching Career.

Post by unpaid »

The Mililani,UCF,and FSU alum has been added to the football staff at the University of Tennessee as an offensive analyst. Vol HC Josh Heupel made the announcement this week.Milton played for Coach Heupel one year at UCF and knows the UT offense.might not be too long before he gets promoted to an on the field position coach.