Page 1 of 1

Realignment rumor (probably the first one of the 2020s)

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm
by wyokie
Oklahoma and Texas moving to the SEC. Announcement in two weeks.

My $0.02...won't happen because OU loves to run the Big 12 like BYU used to run the WAC/Mountain West.

Re: Realignment rumor (probably the first one of the 2020s)

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:49 pm
by gopunahou
wyokie wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm Oklahoma and Texas moving to the SEC. Announcement in two weeks.

My $0.02...won't happen because OU loves to run the Big 12 like BYU used to run the WAC/Mountain West.
I always thought that BYU and Cincinnati would be great additions to the Big 12. Then I remembered that BYU and Texas would share the conference.

Re: Realignment rumor (probably the first one of the 2020s)

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:19 am
by wyokie
gopunahou wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:49 pm
wyokie wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm Oklahoma and Texas moving to the SEC. Announcement in two weeks.

My $0.02...won't happen because OU loves to run the Big 12 like BYU used to run the WAC/Mountain West.
I always thought that BYU and Cincinnati would be great additions to the Big 12. Then I remembered that BYU and Texas would share the conference.
That idea would've guaranteed the end to the Big 12. LOL

Re: Realignment rumor (probably the first one of the 2020s)

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:09 am
by My3Cats
If OU wasn't interested, they would not be pursuing this. Maybe a bigger payday in the SEC.

Re: Realignment rumor (probably the first one of the 2020s)

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:55 am
by wyokie
My3Cats wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:09 am If OU wasn't interested, they would not be pursuing this. Maybe a bigger payday in the SEC.
Read an article that OU wants to move out so they can get better kickoff times. Having 11 a.m. kickoffs have hurt recruiting. :roll: Big 12 won't help them on things. This years big game against Nebraska was supposed to be on at 7 p.m. Prime Time but nope, the networks wanted the game at 11 a.m. and the Big 12 wouldn't help OU make the case that the game should be played on prime time.

Re: Realignment rumor (probably the first one of the 2020s)

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:52 am
by My3Cats
wyokie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:55 am
My3Cats wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:09 am If OU wasn't interested, they would not be pursuing this. Maybe a bigger payday in the SEC.
Read an article that OU wants to move out so they can get better kickoff times. Having 11 a.m. kickoffs have hurt recruiting. :roll: Big 12 won't help them on things. This years big game against Nebraska was supposed to be on at 7 p.m. Prime Time but nope, the networks wanted the game at 11 a.m. and the Big 12 wouldn't help OU make the case that the game should be played on prime time.
Interesting. But I wonder if moving the the SEC, with their glut of games, would have the same problem. I can't see the SEC catering to Oklahoma over their other schools.

Re: Realignment rumor (probably the first one of the 2020s)

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:42 am
by wyokie
My3Cats wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:52 am
wyokie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:55 am
My3Cats wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:09 am If OU wasn't interested, they would not be pursuing this. Maybe a bigger payday in the SEC.
Read an article that OU wants to move out so they can get better kickoff times. Having 11 a.m. kickoffs have hurt recruiting. :roll: Big 12 won't help them on things. This years big game against Nebraska was supposed to be on at 7 p.m. Prime Time but nope, the networks wanted the game at 11 a.m. and the Big 12 wouldn't help OU make the case that the game should be played on prime time.
Interesting. But I wonder if moving the the SEC, with their glut of games, would have the same problem. I can't see the SEC catering to Oklahoma over their other schools.
I had the same thought earlier today. I wonder if OU is like the guy who wants to be with hottest chick in school whom EVERYBODY wants to be with when he already has a really good-looking girlfriend. Lousy analogy but you all get the idea. The grass is never greener on the other side!!!