NBA Playoffs Thread 2020-2021

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2020-2021

Post by shrek2 »

I didn't watch much of the playoffs because they're all on specialty channels which I refuse to get so I just catch the highlights. But after watching a good portion of the Bucks/Suns game, it looked like the Bucks are a one-on-one team whereas the Suns are team oriented. Maybe it's Chris Paul but it looks like if Giannis is going to drive to the basket, that's what's going to happen and there is no pass out to the three point line where the shooters should be. And, Giannis' free throw shooting does not look like its high percentage like a KD level.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I haven't been following much of the NBA Playoffs because they're on specialty channels but I watched most of the first game of the Bucks/Suns game. It looks like the Bucks are a one-on-one type team where as the Suns get a lot of pass offs assists to get scores. It may be Chris Paul but I would bet its coaching. Every time Giannis is going in for the basket, he's not looking to pass off to somebody on the three point line. And, Giannis' free throw shooting is not at the KD level.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I think the Bucks will take the third game against the Suns provided the Bucks coaching has open shooters when Giannis is driving. Otherwise the
Suns will play hack a Shaq against Giannis and the injury to his knee is just going to make him sub-par for the series. He cannot drive with only one option which is going for the basket. Lopez should never go too far away from the basket on defense because he is awfully slow.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Game 5 of the series is going to determine how the Bucks will do down the stretch. The Suns fans seem to have done pretty well in upsetting Giannis' free throws. It looked like the officiating in game 4 was bad but even for both teams. I swear Giannis was in the lane for 10 seconds and no call was made but then the no-call in the end against Booker evened things up where it would have fouled out Booker although at that point it wouldn't have made a difference. I really don't like both cities having been in both at some point in my life but as for pure basketball, I'm rooting for the Bucks.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

If the Bucks win the finals, I would name Pat Connaughton as MVP, then Middleton. Connaughton took the Bucks out of a slump in scoring the three of the five games that they played and he's active on defense as well as a good rebounder at key times. Middleton, no doubt is in the mix but when the Bucks are in a scoring slump, he's not the one to take them out of it. I still don't understand how they cannot call Booker for a foul when he grabs the driving player with two hands at the end of games. I guess if the refereeing is consistent then that's the best you can ask for in what's turned out to be an exciting finals matchup with two unproven teams.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

That was the most amazing game by one player taking over that I've watched in a long time. Antetokounmbo deserves that MVP.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

This bucks' defense was brutal, never seen so many plus/elite defenders stacked all on one team before. Nice series

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Draymond Green who hardly praises other players, praises finals players for showing up at the Olympics.
https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/draymond- ... d=79032939
Congrats to Booker, Holiday and Middleton for showing up in Tokyo and representing USA. Heroes.