*** Brennan Marion Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

*** Brennan Marion Thread ***

Post by Irse »

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/09/gogo-o ... alysis/amp

I wonder how much will be incorporated into Kinne's offense.
ImageImage

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Brennan Marion's GoGo offense

Post by Exiled »

i think the strengths will be in the WR/slots. I don't see C Codeiro being a heavy runner in this phase of the offense. But I do see using the WR/slots in the run game and the RB in the pass game more than with Rolo's RNS.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Very interesting offense and cool videos!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

Exiled wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:51 pm i think the strengths will be in the WR/slots. I don't see C Codeiro being a heavy runner in this phase of the offense. But I do see using the WR/slots in the run game and the RB in the pass game more than with Rolo's RNS.
Well, I was wrong (happily wrong) about Codeiro's part in the run game!

Great to see an offense that will attack the Defense with whatever it takes to win!

Irse

Post by Irse »

Exiled wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:43 pm
Exiled wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:51 pm i think the strengths will be in the WR/slots. I don't see C Codeiro being a heavy runner in this phase of the offense. But I do see using the WR/slots in the run game and the RB in the pass game more than with Rolo's RNS.

Great to see an offense that will attack the Defense with whatever it takes to win!
Although a nice threat, I hope we don't need to rely on Cordeiro's legs too often. Need to keep him healthy.
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Irse wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:12 am
Exiled wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:43 pm

Although a nice threat, I hope we don't need to rely on Cordeiro's legs too often. Need to keep him healthy.
I don’t mind him running as long as he doesn’t take the hit.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Marion's offense takes what the D gives. The difference between the R&S and this offense is that this coaching staff knows what it takes to run the ball. The R&S (not picking on it because I do love the offense) depended on big RBs to block first which limited their productivity. In most years it was hard to make runs around the edge. Because of the lack of speed and catching ability they were rarely used in the passing game and couldn't beat LBs. There were always exceptions but it was always difficult to beat good teams with good coaches. When a guy like Furuta was in the game GOOD TEAMS could shut him down and limit the R&S to a passing game.

And I don't think it is just Marion's offense. This offense incorporates plays that is a collaboration of plays from all the coaches and from the players. The R&S is part of this offense and you will see it when receivers that are holdovers from the R&S is in the game and the D is giving us the pass. i.e. if you see Smart, Mardner, Victor, Ealy or Stovall or other holdovers in at the same time.

What I notice is the variation of RPOs. In some cases the RPO is PRPR Option. Pass, RP run, pass, QB keeper. This puts a lot of pressure on the D.

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

Agree. This staff knows how to create packages with players having specialized in certain situations. Reminds me of Boise back in the early 2000's, freakin mismatch nightmares.

The RPO game is more developed since the RBs have an expanded roll.

Let's see what the O looks like tomorrow. What did Wyoming see? I definitely don't see them dropping 8 and leaving 5 in the box 75% of the time. Maybe we'll get to see the airraid/RNS/vertical game this week after Wyo allowed Nev to throw 400+ yds on them.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

When the runningbacks get the ball I yell go,go,go,go. I can’t help myself. It is just nice how coach lets Cordeiero go,go,go too.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Looked more like no go offense. Although I must highlight the QB can't successfully pass without protection.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

One of the hottest offensive coaches not an OC according to many in the know. Our guys should learn as much from him while he's here.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Would like to see some GoGo while he's still here. Only saw maybe snippets last season?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse

Coach Marion to Pitt

Post by Irse »

Looks like he's moving on to Pitt as the WR coach. Good luck to him. https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1361398229124849664
ImageImage

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: Coach Marion to Pitt

Post by UnBiasFan »

Does Ashley Lelie still want to coach?

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: Coach Marion to Pitt

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/BrennanMarion4/status/1361464586029830145