Boise declining a bowl...

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Boise declining a bowl...

Post by chawan_cut »

Hmm.... you common bowls are not good enough for us....
now it costs too much money.... excuses....
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Boise declining a bowl...

Post by Irse »

They've been on the top for a long time. Hard to keep from looking down on others. Hope they have a nice crash.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Just to be fair to Boise although I don't like them, they are missing two starting receivers, George Holani, tight end and two starting defensive linemen.
https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfspor ... 2bd9f.html

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Boise's fan base is seriously split on this issue. And on Harsin's coaching ability.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

If Coach Graham was in Boise's shoes, I doubt very much he would back down from a fight or in this case decline a bowl invite. He's a fighter. His players are fighters. If he had to go into the game with his fourth team because of injuries he would show no fear. He would go. He may even have the odds against him, take a vicious beating, but you know what he would try his best. In contrast the Boise coach took a punch on the chin in the MWC game and instead of getting back up for a bowl invite he retreats. He can use the Covid, player safety and injury cards, which he did, as to the reasons why. But these concerns/cards existed from day one for every team, from the start of the season. So why all of a sudden does Boise quit? The whole season has been a burden, the Boise team is no exception. Yet his team has come this far, the last leg of the trip-the finish line (Bowl Game) is in Boise's sight, and for all the Boise players that have made sacrifices to reach it this far in the season don't you owe it to them to finish the race? I can't see the Boise players voting to quit.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I agree with the one-more game for the players. They deserve it. If they are thinking of leaving the MWC and got something lined up, it's a bad idea to play another game. What if they loose? What if they get blown out. Boise sucks...They don't belong in the Pac-12.

If they don't play, no chance to loose, maybe they should be included in the Pac-12. Their program has been historically awesome.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Meh, Boise's quarterbacks have been stinking it up the last couple of years. BYU destroyed them this year, and SJSU owned them. I think their players have been dealing with covid-19 a lot too.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

If the PAC12 considers academics to be one of their main factors for school admittance, then reviewing university rankings, such as US News and World Report may be one consideration:

6 Stanford
20 UCLA
22 UC Berkley
24 USC
58 UDub
97 Arizona
97 Utah
103 ASU (tie)
103 Colorado (tie)
103 Oregon (tie)
153 Oregon State
176 Washington State

Others for comparison:
143 San Diego State
170 UH
298-389 Boise State

Boise State has no chance academically. Small state population. Small fan base.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

maybe boise coach harsin's exit to auburn was already being discussed when boise declined to play in a bowl game.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Harsin was already checked out. Bummers, some Boise Seniors will end their career not playing in a Bowl Game, first time since 1999.