Miles Reed in the portal

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Miles Reed in the portal

Post by Irse »

https://twitter.com/Mr4__/status/1338981347663089664
ImageImage

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Starting RB and Team Captain Miles "Bam Bam" Reed in the transfer portal

Post by kapakahi »

Only Dae Dae Hunter & Calvin Turner left at the RB position....with any RB live game experience (not counting fly sweeps)…..unless Melquise Stovall plays some RB too....for the New Mexico Bowl game. https://twitter.com/Mr4__/status/1338981347663089664 https://twitter.com/247SportsPortal/status/1338981222823948293 https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/status/1338981369226153989 https://twitter.com/WSN_247Sports/status/1338992395413667842 https://247sports.com/college/hawaii/Se ... ferPortal/

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Starting RB and Team Captain Miles "Bam Bam" Reed in the transfer portal

Post by shrek2 »

There probably is no better pass blocking RB than Miles Reed. I wonder if Hekili Keliiliki might be pressed into action to spell Dae Dae. He came to Hawaii with great expectations but has not played much.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:55 pm I wonder if Hekili Keliiliki might be pressed into action to spell Dae Dae. He came to Hawaii with great expectations but has not played much.
Doubtful that Hekili will be playing RB.....since he's been seeing plenty of game action the past 3 games at the blocking H-back/TE position now that Derek Thomas got moved back to DE.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:55 pm There probably is no better pass blocking RB than Miles Reed. I wonder if Hekili Keliiliki might be pressed into action to spell Dae Dae. He came to Hawaii with great expectations but has not played much.
Turner is a pretty good blocker.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Of all the guys who declared for the Portal, Miles is the only guy still listed on the UH Roster page

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Miles Reed in the portal

Post by My3Cats »

Classy dude. Thanks for being a Warrior Miles!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

https://twitter.com/Mr4__/status/1343656545658130440

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Awesome.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

So Reed (if he chooses) went from like a new car to a used car, which begs the question why. Next season at Hawaii he would have definitely been a contributor. At Idaho State he moved down to FCS, and loses his monthly stipend money, exposure, and has no guarantee of breaking into the lineup. I don't understand his decision. What is he expecting out of Idaho State that he couldn't find in Hawaii?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

sarvicdar wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:47 pm So Reed (if he chooses) went from like a new car to a used car, which begs the question why. Next season at Hawaii he would have definitely been a contributor. At Idaho State he moved down to FCS, and loses his monthly stipend money, exposure, and has no guarantee of breaking into the lineup. I don't understand his decision. What is he expecting out of Idaho State that he couldn't find in Hawaii?
The team is in transition. Maybe Miles recognized that he could contribute more elsewhere. Maybe he has rock fever and feels that life has changed under the pandemic. Since when has Hawaii been considered a new car? We've been lucky to hold a place in FBS, since Gov. Burns insisted we do so back in the day. We're a small school with tenacious fans and fierce local players. I wouldn't read more into it. Let Reed have his big frog in a smaller pond moment. If that's even the case...we don't know. Aloha, Bam Bam. Thanks for leading the team.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:47 pm
sarvicdar wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:47 pm So Reed (if he chooses) went from like a new car to a used car, which begs the question why. Next season at Hawaii he would have definitely been a contributor. At Idaho State he moved down to FCS, and loses his monthly stipend money, exposure, and has no guarantee of breaking into the lineup. I don't understand his decision. What is he expecting out of Idaho State that he couldn't find in Hawaii?
The team is in transition. Maybe Miles recognized that he could contribute more elsewhere. Maybe he has rock fever and feels that life has changed under the pandemic. Since when has Hawaii been considered a new car? We've been lucky to hold a place in FBS, since Gov. Burns insisted we do so back in the day. We're a small school with tenacious fans and fierce local players. I wouldn't read more into it. Let Reed have his big frog in a smaller pond moment. If that's even the case...we don't know. Aloha, Bam Bam. Thanks for leading the team.

If anything the transition next season would be all for the better for the RB position, especially with the introduction of a TE. I could see it in the Houston game as Laulu's run blocking has a lot of potential to opening up the running game. I could see it. If I were RB in this offense I would be excited and looking forward to next season so I was surprised at Reed's decision. But for whatever reason, it's his decision and he will have to live with it. Personally I think he could of been a big fish in a big pond (at Hawaii).

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

If anybody deserves a second chance at a location of his choosing it's Miles Reed. He played his heart out while at UH. I hope he gets treated right in that redneck state of Idaho. Good luck Miles. Oh, and graduate!

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Miles wants to be the featured back. Best of luck to him. He had to share the role this year and would have had to share the role again next year. The RBs will have an expanded role as ball carriers, receivers and run blocking. I don't think Miles is as good a runner as Dae Dae nor as a receiver. I believe that Hunter will be the featured back next year. And you also got some young blood with speed entering the picture.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I felt Reed was still the "featured" back, it's that the (successful) running was mostly with Turner and CC. Reed was just not successful in this offense because of his size. He may be a good running when the defense is thinking pass. But Reed is not effective, if everyone lined up for a run play, man vs man. If TG can get a player like Hekoti Fakava (RIP) that would be punishing. No shake and bake, just straight up in your face.