Hafthor Bjornsson deadlifts 1104.52 lbs

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Hafthor Bjornsson deadlifts 1104.52 lbs

Post by Irse »

He plays The Mountain in the Game of Thrones. Awesome amount of weight but since when did they allow wrist straps? I used to powerlift but no wrist straps were allowed.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/weightlif ... m-deadlift
ImageImage

Irse

Re: Hafthor Bjornsson deadlifts 1104.52 lbs

Post by Irse »

ImageImage

Nickosmayn
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Nickosmayn »

I think that wrist straps are "allowed" because it may not be a traditionnal weightlifting competition or event organized by a federation. So I think that Hafthor Bjornsson wants to avoid to risk a ruptured biceps by doing an alternate grip. And he is totally right to do so because it could terminates his career.

But seriously it's not this impressive because this man is full of steroids. You give this amount of steroids to a native powerlifter and you may see better results on a deadlift. This guy is clearly not using only whey protein, not even organic whey. If you want to be a natural bodybuilder or powerlifter, the least you can do to have real muscular results is to consume whey proteins and organic whey proteins if you have the budget. I know a french website where they wrote a very nice and clear article about organic wheys. I'm not sure you can order it in USA, you may have your owns organic whey brands. But you can still read it it, is very interesting https://betemusclee.com/meilleure-whey-bio/
Last edited by Nickosmayn on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irse

Post by Irse »

Nickosmayn wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:03 pm I think that wrist straps are "allowed" because it may not be a traditionnal weightlifting competition or event organized by a federation. So I think that Hafthor Bjornsson wants to avoid to risk a ruptured biceps by doing an alternate grip. And he is totally right to do so because it could terminates his career.

But seriously it's not this impressive because this man is full of steroids. You give this amount of steroids to a native powerlifter and you may see better results on a deadlift.
It's still a lot of stress to put your body through. I've known guys who were filled with steroids but still couldn't come near this lift. Of course, they weren't using straps either. Lot of times, it's the grip that is the weak point.
ImageImage