New NBA G league program

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

New NBA G league program

Post by Irse »

Going after some of the best high school players. Jalen Green just signed a $500,000 contract plus living expenses and money for college. He won't be part of a regular team but will be part of a program where they work on skills and play some exhibition games. Guys in this program will be groomed for the NBA. He would have gone to Memphis if he went to college. Michigan commit Isaiah Todd, the 13th ranked recruit will also go to the G league instead of playing in the NCAA. They are also going after Greg Brown out of Texas who is rated in the top 10 as far as recruits and was offered $400,000.
Looks like they are trying to keep kids from going overseas to play pro ball. Don't know how much this is going to hurt the NCAA in the future. Would a Zion Williamson skip college altogether?
ImageImage

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: New NBA G league program

Post by gopunahou »

Irse wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:43 am Going after some of the best high school players. Jalen Green just signed a $500,000 contract plus living expenses and money for college. He won't be part of a regular team but will be part of a program where they work on skills and play some exhibition games. Guys in this program will be groomed for the NBA. He would have gone to Memphis if he went to college. Michigan commit Isaiah Todd, the 13th ranked recruit will also go to the G league instead of playing in the NCAA. They are also going after Greg Brown out of Texas who is rated in the top 10 as far as recruits and was offered $400,000.
Looks like they are trying to keep kids from going overseas to play pro ball. Don't know how much this is going to hurt the NCAA in the future. Would a Zion Williamson skip college altogether?
I'll kind of miss the one-and-done era. But I won't miss Kentucky hogging every great senior. I've hated Kentucky since the late '90s.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Irse

Post by Irse »

gopunahou wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:43 pm
Irse wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:43 am Going after some of the best high school players. Jalen Green just signed a $500,000 contract plus living expenses and money for college. He won't be part of a regular team but will be part of a program where they work on skills and play some exhibition games. Guys in this program will be groomed for the NBA. He would have gone to Memphis if he went to college. Michigan commit Isaiah Todd, the 13th ranked recruit will also go to the G league instead of playing in the NCAA. They are also going after Greg Brown out of Texas who is rated in the top 10 as far as recruits and was offered $400,000.
I'll kind of miss the one-and-done era. But I won't miss Kentucky hogging every great senior. I've hated Kentucky since the late '90s.
In a couple of years, they'll be able to go straight to the NBA.

With all of the talent Calipari has had, you would think he would have won more than one national championship.
ImageImage

Irse

Post by Irse »

Daishen Nix who signed with UCLA just announced he will join the G league pathway program. I think we may see more guys enter the program since they get paid, can have endorsement deals and will have college tuition paid for them when they want to go to college.
ImageImage

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

ncaa just announced players can make money on their likeness, endorsements, etc starting 2021. probably because of the g league program

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Irse wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:34 am

With all of the talent Calipari has had, you would think he would have won more than one national championship.
Kentucky will never fire him, because fans can’t fire coaches. However, his popularity has plummeted among them since 2015.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Irse

Post by Irse »

gopunahou wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:00 pm
Irse wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:34 am

Kentucky will never fire him, because fans can’t fire coaches. However, his popularity has plummeted among them since 2015.
I think he signed a lifetime contract with them. Yes, many of their fans are not that happy with him. They expected more than one NC with all of the talent he's gotten. I'm hoping he loses a couple of the players to the G league pathway program.
ImageImage