Lawler vs. Mayhem: Pre-Fight Press Conference This Friday

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Lawler vs. Mayhem: Pre-Fight Press Conference This Friday

Post by PCBoy »

Lawler vs. Mayhem: Icon Sport Pre-Fight Press Conference This Friday

December 5, 2005 Honolulu, HI – Icon Sport, the new face of Super Brawl, announced today that the pre-fight press conference for the February 18 event featuring Jason “Mayhem” Miller and Icon Middleweight (185-lb) Champion “Ruthless” Robbie Lawler will be held at 2 p.m. on Friday, December 9, 2005 at the Eastside Grill. Both athletes will be on hand for this media and fan event.

“Ruthless” Robbie Lawler acquired the Icon Sport Middleweight Title with his second round knockout victory over then-champion Falaniko Vitale in the July 23 event, Super Brawl: ICON. Lawler’s February 18 match-up with “Mayhem” will be his first defense of the Icon Middleweight Title.

Jason “Mayhem” Miller earned his title shot at the Icon Middleweight Title after submitting Falaniko Vitale via rear naked choke in the October 28 event, Icon Sport: Opposites Attract. Prior to his match with Vitale, “Mayhem” primarily competed in Icon Sport’s welterweight (170-lb) division.

“Mayhem” sparked a controversy earlier this week with his incendiary internet blog entry he posted at a popular mixed martial arts website. In the blog, “Mayhem” stated: “…Robbie Lawler, I'm going to choke you unconscious. I have to. It's what I do…it's my destiny. Please don't tap. It makes for so much more of a heroic picture for you to go out on your shield. The Hawaiian Fans need this, and I'm going to bring the belt straight back to the rock….”

Thousands of fans read the entry in the first few hours it was posted. Sites throughout the internet literally erupted with chatter immediately after “Mayhem’s” comments were posted. Fans were polarized on the web-post; some sharply criticized his statements while the “Mayhem Monkeys” – “Mayhem’s” cult-like fan club - praised his bold claim.

Icon Sport nearly filled the 8,000 person Blaisdell Arena to capacity with each of its three 2005 events. “Mayhem” versus Lawler, Icon’s first event of 2006, looks to have the momentum to continue this trend of arena-filling mixed martial arts athletics in Hawaii.

WHO: “Ruthless” Robbie Lawler vs. Jason “Mayhem” Miller
WHAT: Pre-Fight Press Conference
WHEN: 2 p.m., Friday, December 9, 2005
WHERE: Eastside Grill – Pucks Alley on University Avenue

FANS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND THIS MEDIA EVENT. “MAYHEM” AND LAWLER WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR AUTOGRAPHS AND PHOTOS AFTER PRESS INTERVIEWS.