RIP Kobe Bryant

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

RIP Kobe Bryant

Post by Irse »

ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: RIP Kobe Bryant

Post by shrek2 »

I was just reading on the west coast this morning that Lebron James was concerned about surpassing Kobe and Kobe early this morning saying he didn't care. Next time I opened up my laptop for news and thought, whoa, Kobe dead?

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Daughter too. Shocking.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

My favorites are all Lakers ... Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Kobe

Hard to believe the youngest goes first ... this is totally messed up

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Kobe (and Shaq) was always the adversary against my teams such as Sac. Kings, Spurs, and Portland.

I did not appreciate him until toward the end of his playing days, and post-baseketball.

He was truly the last of the "old school" of players. Most of all, I was happy and waiting to see what else he could do. In some ways, that was the true measure of success.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:45 am Kobe (and Shaq) was always the adversary against my teams such as Sac. Kings, Spurs, and Portland.

I did not appreciate him until toward the end of his playing days, and post-baseketball.

He was truly the last of the "old school" of players. Most of all, I was happy and waiting to see what else he could do. In some ways, that was the true measure of success.
He truly looked like he was enjoying the rest of what life has to offer with his kids and community involvement. Must have been really an awesome thing to get invited by Kobe to go for helicopter ride. Parents and kids and coaches. Everything about his retirement days seemed pretty cool. What a tragedy.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:48 pm
cabanalane wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:45 am Kobe (and Shaq) was always the adversary against my teams such as Sac. Kings, Spurs, and Portland.

He truly looked like he was enjoying the rest of what life has to offer with his kids and community involvement. Must have been really an awesome thing to get invited by Kobe to go for helicopter ride. Parents and kids and coaches. Everything about his retirement days seemed pretty cool. What a tragedy.
Yeah, he seemed to really be enjoying life during his retirement. So sad. Really feel for his wife and kids.
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I recall reading something from People Magazine on how they "pre-write" the story on famous people. Meaning, they wrote about the dead of Michael Jackson a few years before his dead, and continue to update it. So when it does happened, it can go to print ASAP, with a quick revision of the details.

People magazine does not disclose who they work on. I'm guess they were just as ready when Prince died. They probably got something already written on Lamar Odom, or Boy George (with drug issues) for example. Or maybe Paul McCartney (because of age.)

I don't think they wrote anything for Kobe, saved in the files. There was "no reason" to.