*** Official Nick Rolovich Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Nick Rolovich will be next head coach at Wazzu

Post by shrek2 »

Reflecting back over the Rolo's career over his tenure at UH, he failed to accomplish his goal that he had established although I suppose money took precedence. Now he will be contending against Pac-12 opponents with Power-5 recruits. He is a very good salesman so I imagine he will be popular with the media and the fans so it was a good move for him. Hawaii was lucky to get Todd Graham as a last minute replacement because I think he will be facing his old rivals in @Arizona, UCLA and @Oregon with Group 5 recruits. I'm looking forward to next year's UH football games because of the coaching moves that were made.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I think Rolo will have an easier time. Yes, Pac12 is a tougher conference, but Rolo will also have access to "better" recruits. So I would Rolo will do well.

Graham IMO, will have to do with less (lower level recruits). So when he goes up against his buddies on the mainland, UH might not do that well.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

For anybody following Nick Rolovich's career at WSU atttached is his interview.

Link
Doesn't appear to be comfortable or as gregarious as he was in the Hawaii interviews. It invites a lot of conjecture as to why.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

de Laura is a baller of course. It helps that they have a really good RB (who's supposedly the backup) who's fast and bounces off of tackles so the run game was cooking. They ran that vintage RnS draw play that St Louis runs a lot and UH used to run with Alex Green, but they hardly ran it the past few years. Wazzu's RB took it for a long run to the one yard line. Late in the game, they also did that slot motion belly run play and scored a TD on it.

Oregon St. is a little okole, of course, but watching Rolo's RnS with an upgrade in talent was a sight to watch. We'll see how it goes the rest of the way

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Yoooo I highly suggest watching these WSU games. The run n shoot is so much more fun to watch with P5 caliber athletes.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Yeah, much better game to watch on free channel.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Coach Rolo and QBDeLaura for WSU

Post by unpaid »

Wow! Got a 19-14 lead over Oregon at halftime.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

That was a very June Jones-esque era game. Plenty opportunities but just couldn't capitalize enough to pull off the upset

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Rolo provided more excitement on offense than in the lame UH game but there was still no score in the third period and key penalties. It looks like their star running back was out in the second half though.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Coach Rolo and QBDeLaura for WSU

Post by Irse »

The offense looked good at times but the lead was more because Oregon was turning the ball over a lot. Didn't watch the second half at all. Apparently they didn't do so well, but that was against a top-notch opponent.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Rolo got a lot of good press from the national broadcasters from Fox last night in Pullman. Looks like Rolo has found a home. Good for him and congratulations.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Does Rolo's offense at WSU look like what he did at UH?

BigWave96744

Re: Official Nick Rolovich & Wazzu Football News

Post by BigWave96744 »

Game 3 vs Stanford was cancelled.
Now Game 4 The Apple Cup is also Cancelled
The Pac-12 today, Nov. 22, issued the following statement regarding the Washington at Washington State football game, previously scheduled for Friday, Nov. 27.

"After consultation with Washington State University, the Pac-12 Conference announced the game involving Washington at Washington State scheduled for Friday, November 27 will not be played. This decision was made under the Pac-12's football policy due to Washington State not having the minimum number of scholarship players available for the game as a result of a number of positive football student-athlete COVID-19 cases and resulting isolation of additional football student-athletes under contact tracing protocols. Under Conference policy, the game will be declared a no contest.
https://wsucougars.com/news/2020/11/22/ ... pdate.aspx

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:23 pm Does Rolo's offense at WSU look like what he did at UH?
Hard to really tell with just the broadcast angles but pretty much. Those go routes, crossing stuff, sideline timing routes, RPOs, read-options. Helps that their 2nd string RB is a beast

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Irse wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:24 am The offense looked good at times but the lead was more because Oregon was turning the ball over a lot. Didn't watch the second half at all. Apparently they didn't do so well, but that was against a top-notch opponent.
They had same problem they had here with making 2nd half adjustments. I saw none.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: