*** Official Arkansas Football Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: New Head Coach for Arkansas Football

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Bob Holt
@BobHoltADG
·
11h
Arkansas Coach Sam Pittman doesn’t have a Heisman Trophy vote, but asked if he did who on Alabama would get his vote, replied the Tide’s entire offensive line.

Arkansas
Pig Trail Nation
@PigTrailNation
·
12h
Pittman on KJ: we have always had confidence. The decision is going to be made certainly on Feleipe’s health and if he can play in the game. If Feleipe plays will KJ have an opportunity. Absolutely.

Arkansas
Pig Trail Nation
@PigTrailNation
·
12h
Pittman on Mac Jones: he doesn’t throw it to the other team. He manages the game. The guy is a winner. His team believes in him big time. A quarterback that everybody would like to have.

Arkansas
Pig Trail Nation
@PigTrailNation
·
12h
Pittman: Grant is a leader for us. He has not been able to practice as of yesterday. We have confidence in Hayden Henry and Andrew Parker and those guys.

Arkansas
Pig Trail Nation
@PigTrailNation
·
12h
Sam Pittman: Feleipe has practiced. We are still working to see how he is feeling. He is not 100 percent. We will make a decision game time what we are going to do at that position.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Pre Alabama Game

Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Sam The Man Pittman

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Sam Pittman Talks What it Takes to Beat Alabama

Sam Pittman Talks What it Takes to Beat Alabama, Mentions Younger Players, Bogus Call on Joe Foucha, Much More
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas will face the monumental task of defeating No. 1 Alabama on Saturday in Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

The Hogs haven’t defeated the Tide since Sept. 23, 2006. Sam Pittman was the offensive line coach at Arkansas from 2013-15 and was on the sideline when the Tide escaped Fayetteville with a 14-13 win on Oct. 11, 2014. That was one year after the Tide defeated the Hogs 52-0 in 2013. Pittman was asked this week what do you have to do to beat Alabama?

“The only way you can beat Alabama is you think you have a good enough team to beat ‘em,” Pittman said. “I think you go back to 2013, we go to Alabama, I’m not for sure, and I don’t want to disrespect any of the kids that were on that team, but I’m pretty sure there wasn’t 100 percent of the guys that felt like we could win. They beat us 50-0, something like that. I do know this: the next year we went in there. They came here in 2014 and we had a team that believed we could win.

“It’s like any great high school tradition or any great college tradition. Half the teams are beat before they ever walk out on the field. So I think a lot of it is belief. And then obviously against the caliber of a team like that, they’re going to have to give us the ball, give us some extra possessions, things of that nature. Which they have not done all year, because they’re beating the heck out of basically everybody they’re playing. So part of it is, we have to get a break here or there. Maybe several breaks. And we can’t turn the ball over and give them opportunities. You have to play a real clean game, but you have your football team believe that you’re going to win the game.”

Full 10-Game Schedule

In a year when many in the national media predicted there would be no college football the Hogs are set to play their tenth game of the season on Saturday. Pittman is pleased with that.

“I’m proud of our league, I’m proud of the SEC,” Pittman said. “I’m proud of our team. We did have to take the one week, the week of Thanksgiving. But the very next week we rescheduled and were able to play Missouri. Alabama is on their 10th game and Florida is on their 10th game. What a great job by the coaches and the players of each team that we were able to get this season in.

“Don’t know if I’ve been on a team that was underdogs in every single game they played. But I’m very proud of our football team, that they believed that they could win every one of them. And I think they’ve proven that by the way they’ve played, and I don’t think that will be a problem on Saturday. So I’m really happy with what’s going on in our league, and really, really proud to be a part of it and happy with the accomplishments our league has had this year.”

Freshman TE Collin Sutherland

Arkansas has played short handed at tight end most of the season. A true freshman who is redshirting is Collin Sutherland. Pittman talked about how Sutherland is progressing.

“I think he’s developing as a blocker,” Pittman said. “He’s a big, physical kid. Route running, he’s got to continue to improve there. I think we’ll see him developing into a 2, a 3 possibly when we come back through spring ball. But I’m pleased with him and his effort and the things he’s done. He’s a very smart kid, so I think we’re going to have value there.”

Pittman Not Getting That Fine

Pittman made sure he didn’t get fined by the SEC or anything when asked about a terrible unsportsmanlike call on safety Joe Foucha at Missouri last weekend. Pittman was asked if they had been previously given a sideline warning?

“No,” Pittman said. “It was called unsportsmanlike conduct. What do you want me to say?”

Did you agree with it?

“You said you had a two-part question,” Pittman said with a wide smile. “What was the second part?”

Cornerback Malik Chavis

Redshirt freshman Malik Chavis from Rison saw some action against Missouri when Montaric Brown was injured. Pittman praised Chavis on Thursday.

“I like him,” Pittman said. “He’s big, he can run. I think he’s got a bright, bright future. I really like the kid. Got a beautiful smile about him, great demeanor about him and he can run. The thing I like most about him is that he can play corner and safety. He’s got the speed to play corner, so he brings a lot of value to the team. I’m not positive if we had spring ball he wouldn’t have really gotten a lot more reps this year. But we just weren’t able to get the spring in. I’m really, really excited about him and his future.”

Buy In, Direction of Program

Saturday will be the final regular season game for Pittman’s Hogs. He was asked about the buy in and the direction he feels the program is going?

“I love the team,” Pittman said. “There’s been some heartbreaking losses that you wish you had made a play here or there. At Auburn. At Missouri. And, obviously at LSU. We’re 3-6. They beat us. That’s the bottom line. They beat us. I wish we could have gave this football team, this state, a couple more wins on the left. Another couple of numbers on the left. A&M and Georgia and Florida, they’ve got a little bit more depth, and things of that nature, at this time than we do. The other teams we match up very well with, and I don’t know that we did in the past.

“So, I’m very excited about the future. I love the kids, and I love that they’re bought in and how hard they play. We’ve been down several different games this year. Everybody remembers that we were up 14. Nobody remembers that we were down 10 at Missouri, and the momentum was going the wrong way. This football team will fight you, and they’ll play hard. And I’m not saying they wouldn’t in the past. I’m not saying that. You asked me a question, ‘What I’m proud of?’ I’m proud of how hard our football team is, and how much they care about each other and how much they listen, how coachable they are but I wish we had more wins for them.”
https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig- ... much-more/

Arkansas
ESPN Arkansas & HitThatLine.com
@HitThatLineAR
·
14h
“I love the way Coach Pittman has embraced Arkansas and the Razorbacks. You can tell it’s genuine.”

- Houston Nutt on The Morning Rush
https://twitter.com/i/status/1337438085873852418

NUTT was definatley a motivator. https://twitter.com/i/status/1337370296089645057 https://twitter.com/i/status/1337492894945603586

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

10 Things To Know – Alabama

10 Things To Know – Alabama
Jacob Pavilack
JACOB PAVILACK
December 11, 2020
Arkansas (3-6, 3-6 SEC) concludes its regular season with the latest scheduled regular season game in program history, as it welcomes No. 1 Alabama (9-0, 9-0 SEC) at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 12. The game will be broadcast on ESPN.

10 Things to Know Before Kickoff

1. – Last week in its final road game of the season, Arkansas fell 50-48 at Missouri on a game-winning 32-yard field goal at the horn. The Razorbacks momentarily held a 48-47 lead after junior WR Mike Woods made a 14-yard TD grab in the back of the end zone with 43 seconds remaining and converted the ensuing 2-point conversion, snaring the ball after it deflected off a Missouri defender. The offense posted a season-high 48 points and 566 yards of total offense, the most since recording 661 against Mississippi State in 2016. Arkansas scored at least seven touchdowns in an SEC game for only the 12th time in program history and the first time since 2015.

2. – Despite the abbreviated 10-game conference-only regular season schedule, sophomore WR Treylon Burks has compiled one of the best seasons by a Razorback receiver in program history. Against Missouri, he made 10 receptions and scored a touchdown while recording 206 receiving yards, the third-most in school history and the program’s fifth 200+ yard game. For the season, Burks has hauled in 49 receptions for 804 yards (16.4 ypc), the third-highest mark in the SEC, and seven touchdowns appearing in just eight games. He is only three grabs and 66 yards away from moving inside the school’s single-season top 10 for most catches and yards in a season. Burks’ seven TD snatches are eighth-most in a single-season in program history and the most by a Hog receiver since Keon Hatcher in 2016 (8).

3. – Redshirt junior RB Trelon Smith joined Burks posting a career day against Missouri, running for a career-best 172 yards (6.6 ypc) and three touchdowns on 26 carries. He is the first Hog to rush for three scores in a game since Rawleigh Williams III’s four touchdown game against Mississippi State in 2016 and recorded the first 170+ yard rushing game against an SEC opponent since Williams’ 180-yard outing against Ole Miss in 2016. Over the last three games, Smith has posted 318 rushing yards (7.1 ypc), two 100+ yard rushing games and five touchdowns. For the season, he ranks ninth in the SEC with 641 rushing yards.

4. – Filling in for regular starter Feleipe Franks at Missouri, redshirt freshman QB KJ Jefferson made his second career start, completing 18-of-33 passes for 274 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions, while also rushing for 32 yards and a touchdown. He became the first Razorback QB to throw for 270+ yards and three touchdowns with at least one rushing score since Ryan Mallet in 2010 against ULM (400 yards, three passing touchdowns, one rushing touchdown).

5. – Franks has tossed 17 touchdowns this year, the most at Arkansas since Austin Allen’s 25 touchdown passes in 2016. Completing 155-of-228 passes for 2,017 yards, Franks ranks fourth in the SEC in passing yards, passing yards per game (252.1) and passing efficiency (161.3), while placing fifth in passing touchdowns and yards per completion (13.01). He is the first Arkansas QB since 2000 to throw for 200 or more yards in each of his first eight games of a season. The grad transfer’s 68-percent completion percentage is on pace to break the school’s single-season record (Kevin Scanlon, 1979, 66.2-percent).

6. – Under the direction of first-year head coach Sam Pittman, Arkansas has won three games, the school’s most SEC wins since 2016 and most wins overall since 2017. The Hogs’ three wins are the most for a team coming off a zero-win SEC schedule since Auburn in 2016. Pittman is also the only first-year Arkansas head coach to win three or more SEC games in his first season since Houston Nutt won six in 1998. He’s accomplished this facing one of the toughest schedules in FBS history, playing six games against AP Top 25 squads. Pittman and the Hogs are the only team to play the SEC’s top three teams, No. 1 Alabama, No. 6 Florida and No. 8 Texas A&M. First-year defensive coordinator and Broyles Award nominee Barry Odom has guided the defense to 13 interceptions, the most in the SEC and tied for third-most nationally.

7. – First-year offensive coordinator Kendal Briles has helped the offense improve by an average of 59.0 yards and 5.5 points per game compared to the first nine games of 2019. A big reason for that is Arkansas’ explosiveness, recording a nation-leading 11 plays of 50+ yards, equaling the total of the last two seasons combined. Ten of those plays have come through the air, with Burks’ four such grabs tied for third-best in FBS. Smith took this season’s only rushing play of 50+ yards 82 yards to the house against Florida, the longest Hog run against an SEC opponent since 2011.

8. – Redshirt freshman DB Jalen Catalon is the only player in FBS with 85+ tackles and at least three interceptions. His 89 total tackles lead all FBS freshmen, becoming the first SEC freshman since Tennessee’s Eric Berry in 2007 with at least 86 tackles and three picks. He made a career-high 16 tackles against LSU and has totaled five 10+ tackle games this season, including three straight against Tennessee, Florida and LSU. Catalon is also the first Razorback freshman to have over 50 tackles in a season since Dre Greenlaw in 2015 (95). Earlier this week, he was named one of 16 semifinalists – and one of two freshmen – for the Jim Thorpe Award, presented to the nation’s top defensive back. Catalon joined former Hog Steve Atwater, a 2020 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee, as the only Razorbacks to be semifinalists for the award.

9. – Redshirt senior LB Grant Morgan leads the country with 111 total tackles and was named one of 16 semifinalists for the Dick Butkus Award, given annually to the nation’s best linebacker. Additionally, he was honored as a nominee for the Burlsworth Trophy, which is awarded to the most outstanding player who began their career as a walk-on and named after former Arkansas walk-on and All-American OL Brandon Burlsworth. He’s made 19 tackles in a game twice this season, tied for second-most in an FBS game this year behind teammate Bumper Pool’s 20 at Mississippi State. Morgan, Catalon and Pool (88 tackles) account for 38.1% of Arkansas’ total tackles.

10. – Arkansas takes on Alabama for the 31st time and trail in the all-time series, 8-22. The Hogs have not beaten the Crimson Tide since 2006, a 24-23 double overtime win in Fayetteville. Per ESPN, since 1993, Arkansas and Alabama have played four 1-point games, the most in a series history during that stretch. Alabama has been ranked No. 1 in the AP Poll each of the last four meetings.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Manhandled by Bama

The Hogs worst loss of the season. Scored only 3 points. We had no answer to their awesome offensive and defensive lines. Hogs were missing starters on offense and defense but I don't hink they could've made a run for it with them in. Ya never know though.

Below are previous years win/loss records versus SEC teams.
2017 = 1-7
2018 = 0-8
2019 = 0-8
2020 = 3-7 (All SEC games. No non-conference games)

Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Texas A&M are all top 12 teams that the Razorbacks lost to.
Mississippi State, Mississippi, Tennessee the Razorbacks won
Auburn, LSU, Missouri the Razorbacks could've and should've won. Lost them by 3 points or less.

To me the Razorbacks had a chance to win every game except against Alabama and Florida. Against Florida the Razorbacks scored 32 points but double that minus one is what Florida scored. Yikes!

For 3 quarters the Razorbacks were in the game against Georgia. Fourth quarter is where they lost it.

Against Texas A&M they had a chance but hurt themselves too much and ran out of time on a come back try.

Every game the Razorbacks offense improved in with the exception of the Alabama game.

Our defense started out strong. With covid, injuries, and players opting out they could not keep up with every team they played. However they were big time better than the previous 3 years.

Special teams was a sore spot. With better special teams play those close losses would've become wins and the Razoracks could've ended the season 6-4.

Was there improvement this season from the previous 3 seasons? Heck yes there was. This improvement came against an all SEC schedule. I hope we don't do this again!!!!!!!!!

Referee bad calls. Two fumbles that were not called. One against Auburn and the other against LSU. Game changers for sure that was taken from Arkansas. There were sevral other bad calls like the bad sportsmanship call against the defender that stood away from the player he tackled, while on the sideline facing the stands crossing his arms after the tackle. How is that unsportsman like? Every game has bad calls it seems. Especially the targeting call. They need to get more specific. It seems like they will call it every time a player gets hit hard. We need clarification.

Bottom line. The Arkansas AD's expectation of our new head coach Sam Pittman was the same as it was for Chad Morris 2018 - 2019. Be competitive. Bring back some pride. Play hard and never quit. I'll be the first to say Sam Pittman and his coaches did just that and more. They won more SEC games than in the past 3 years combined. They brought back pride to Arkansas football. To top it off with 3 SEC wins which the experts said Arkansas would be winless and finish last.

I see nothing but possitive things coming to our football program from here on out. It will be interesting to see how far Sam Pittman can get this program to. They are recruiting well and should be able to bring back a few seniors as well as transfers to fill spots needed for depth and some will become starters.

Sam Pittman did his first head coaching job in Big 5 conference without spring camp or spring game or any practices prior to a few practices before the season started. That to me is amazing! Especially since our last 3 years our team became worse each year. We were the laughing stock of the SEC and NCAA Big 5 teams. The SEC was embarrassed that Arkansas was an SEC team during those down years. All the hogs knew was how to lose. They gave up the fight. They were beat down and you could tell it was, seriously, a bad situation to be in. There was no light in the tunnel.

The light is shinning brightly now. It will be interesting to see if they get invited to a bowl game with only 3 wins out of ten SEC games played this year.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Arkansas
Andrew Hutchinson
@NWAHutch
·
17h
Arkansas has held a lead at some point in all but one game so far this season (at Florida).

Over the previous two seasons, the Razorbacks never led in 14 of 24 games - including the losses to North Texas, San Jose State and Western Kentucky.

Overtime Heroics Arkansas Boar and 13 others follow
Steve Sullivan
@sully7777
·
11h
Props to Sam Pittman for giving us ten Saturdays that we could look forward to. I never imagined that this team would be so competitive this season. We learned today what elite looks like.

Arkansas Razorback Softball and 22 others follow
Pig Trail Nation
@PigTrailNation
·
11h
Pittman on bowl game: I wouldn’t have any idea why the players wouldn’t want to play. I want to because I want to practice with this team, have a few days with the younger kids. We want to.

WarMachine2013 liked
Nikki Chavanelle
@NikkiChavanelle
·
11h
"Can't let this game define our season." - Pittman

Really is tough that it had to end with Alabama, really sucks all the life out of a season that was a lot brighter than it looks right now.

WarMachine2013 and Ugly Uncle liked
Steve Sullivan
@sully7777
·
17h
Props to Kendal Briles. Great season to season improvement.

2020 2019

Passing 42 103
Rushing 68 85
Red Zone 22 114

Good seasons for Franks, Smith, Burks, and Woods.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

On our Way to a Bowl Game!!!!

Link

Link
Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1342520001354485760

Link
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Pre TCU Stuff

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Got bad news for the resident Arkansas fan on this board.

No Texas Bowl for 2020. TCU can't play the Hogs due to COVID.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

YEAR #2 FOR SAM PITTMAN & THE WILD HAWGS!

Where to start? Much has happened and much is changing. Life in this world is going nuts! Thank you Lord for football where we can be fans and just forget about the craziness for a few hours on the weekends. No politics, no viruses, no B.S.. Just fun rooting for our favorite teams especially when they are the underdogs!!!!! Like Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (I PREFER WARRIORS ONLY) my Arkansas Razorbacks are usually the underdog more times than not. Not many "experts" gives them a chance to do anything but lose.

Lose they will. That is guaranteed every year. How many they lose can change from year to year. Depending on returning starters, experience, super stud freshmen, and transfers. Plus returning coordinators and bringing in better recruiting assistants. We all know the injury bug can destroy any team that doesn't have great depth. The second string players can't have much of a drop off from the starters.

For Sam Pittman's second year he has accomplished all the above. Not only has he retained his OC and DC he also hired better recruiters. Yes they improved in their recruiting. Sam Pittman was able to return plenty starters and some were seniors but due to the special covid19 program they were given an extra year to play. Yippee!!! Because of that and the recruitment of some studs, add to that a few transfers to fill in certain spots. Sam Pittman will have a deeper team with plenty experience. Of course the tight end spot is open since they are lacking in that position as far as depth is concerned. They have several guys trying out for that position. So should be filled by the time they play rice.

The leader of the team if K.J. Jefferson at QB. Big dude. Strong accurate arm. Has speed and is not afraid to run given the chance. His backup is right on his tail. He is special running the football. It was said that the backup QB has a cannon of an arm and accuracy to top it off. There are 3 other QB's fighting for the third spot.

The WR core is full of studs. Maybe one of the best WR core ever. Tall, fast, great route running, great hands. Can they block downfield for the RB's?

The RB core has few studs. The first two RB's run fast are big and weighted good for pounding the defense and carrying them a few yards. We didn't have that last year. We have a few more RB's waiting to get their chance to play. Can they last the whole season at 100 percent or no less than 90 percent?

The O-line returning all their starters have gotten bigger stronger faster, Much improved in pass blocking and run blocking. 2 deep at every position with a couple more who can play any position on the line. Can they give our QB time to throw and RB holes needed to get first downs against better defenses?

The defense will be a beast. They return plenty starters and have recruited well and received transfers to fill in spots. They will be deeper than last year. Our defense got beat up but they never quit playing hard even when the injury bug hit. Now they will be able to get some rest by using the backups more often as they are very good at what they do. Our passing defense was not so good. We didn't put pressure on the QB much. That is what they are working on for this year. Can the defensive line create more pressure to cause QB's into bad situations?

They are working hard on improving special teams play. It will be improved. Will special teams play come through and give the Hawgs the edge in close games?

At least our coaching staff had spring training and ended it with the spring game scrimmage unlike his first year. Summer sessions were taken seriously. This team is on a mission and motivated to play hard every game no matter the opponent, to win it. They believe in themselves, the coaches, the program and the system they have bought in.

My personal feeling as a fan is they can win 10 games if everything falls into place. No major injuries. No cheating refs or B.S. calls. No covid19/20/21 A/B/C/D/E/F or other strains takes out our players. If nothing gets in our way from victory I believe this team under Sam Pittman can surprise the HECK out of a lot of experts. The two teams I just can't see us beating this year are Georgia and Alabama. But hey, you never know when it comes to blue collar folks playing with heart and passion in all out war style.

Don't go beating your money away just because I feel great about them Hogs. No sir. Save your money just in case the world shuts down again so you can buy what food is left in the stores. LOL

The SEC will be tougher to beat this year with the 4 new coaches having one year under their belt. It would be just as easy to say the hogs won't win an SEC game or maybe pull out a couple wins if get lucky. Naw. That's for the weak hearted to say. I always say we are going undefeated until proved wrong. 12-0, 13-0??? LOL

That's my brief perspective on our team. I will try to show you some videos so you can hear it from the sources.

As always my heart is with our Warriors too. So sad and stupid that Ige has destroyed the fans for our football and volleyball teams. How moronic can you be? Especially outdoor sports! Watch the mainland teams play in full houses this year. No masks as of yet either. Baseball teams had fans on the mainland not wearing facemasks. Alright I'm done. I could keep on for hours but I won't. I'm angry about it. It upsets me to no degree. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Sam Pittman, Barry Odom, Kendal Briles, Scott Fountain

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Sports Talk

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Building a Program

Listen to Bo Mattingly talk with Sam Pittman about building a program.
https://thehogpod.libsyn.com/125-sam-pi ... -a-program

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Sam Pittman talks shop on Razorbacks season

Link

TURN UP THAT JUKE BOX!!!!!!!!

Link
https://twitter.com/i/status/1422273587981991942
BENTONVILLE — Joey Su’a moved to Bentonville earlier this summer and it has been a good situation for him.

The Class of 2023 offensive lineman is the starting left tackle for Bentonville and was offered a football scholarship by Arkansas while on a visit this past Saturday. This Saturday, Su’a, 6-5, 315, held an early morning scrimmage in the first day of full pads. Following the scrimmage Su’a talked about the transition from California to Bentonville and Northwest Arkansas.

“It has been smooth,” Su’a said. “I like it here, my mom likes it here. Everybody likes it. My mom got a promotion at Walmart.”

Su’a was among the 20-plus recruits at the cookout last Saturday. While visiting the Razorbacks he was given an offer. He talked about what that means to him.

“Everything,” Su’a said. “I can go to that university and come back home easily.”

Su’a said he was impressed with Sam Pittman and Cody Kennedy, who coaches the offensive line for the Razorbacks.

“They’re really good,” Su’a said. “I like them. They are good.”

Su’a also has offers schools such as Georgia, Michigan State, Oregon, BYU, Maryland, Fresno State, UCA, Morgan State and others. Su’a is unsure of a timeline for a commitment.

“I don’t know yet,” Su’a said. “But I know my mom wanted me to take my time.”

He talked about what he’s looking for in a college.

“I want to go close by home,” Su’a said. “I want to see my family more. On game day they won’t have to spend a lot of money to come see me play.”

Su’a really likes the facilities at Arkansas as well.

“They are pretty big,” Su’a said. “They said it’s open 24-7 so I might get my workouts in over there.”

Su’a said he hopes to attend some Razorback games this season. As far as his own team, the Tigers looked good in their first scrimmage of the preseason. They finished 10-1 in 2020 and have a lot of talent returning. Wide receiver Chaz Nimrod committed to Tennessee this week and junior running back Josh Ficklin will likely be very heavily recruited as well. Sophomore slotback C.J. Brown has a chance to be very highly recruited as do some other Tigers.

“We’re going to be really good this year and next,” Su’a said.

While Su’a is very talented and Aaron Danenhauer is considered one of the best offensive line coaches in high school anywhere there has been a transition there for Su’a.

“It’s tough because you have to learn their movement first,” Su’a said. “And then do what we have to do. I like Coach Danenhauer. He pushes me through. If I make any mistakes I know he is going to come after me.”

Su’a came to Bentonville from Adelanto (Calif.) High School.