*** Official Arkansas Football Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

A little fun before game time

Post by HawaiianHogster »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1446619329194307588 https://twitter.com/i/status/1446476531979669504 Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1446592563067166725 https://twitter.com/i/status/1446592236989337601 [tweet]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBMil0jWUAA ... name=small[/tweet]

OUR NUMBER "1" RAZORBACK FAN
Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1446497055195734045 https://twitter.com/i/status/1446474166438400002 Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1446678804781584391 https://twitter.com/i/status/1446239574984957952 Image
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

The Mississippi Game

Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1446674780439056386 https://twitter.com/i/status/1446690383061299205
FOCUS RAZORBACKS!!!!!

Link

BRING OUT THE BEAST IN YOU RAZORBACKS

Link

Link

LEAVE NO DOUBT

Link

Link

Link
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: New Head Coach for Arkansas Football

Post by wyokie »

Arkansas' coach totally screwed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go for the easy extra point then try to win it in OT!!!!!!!!

DUMB DUMB DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: New Head Coach for Arkansas Football

wyokie wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:46 am Arkansas' coach totally screwed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go for the easy extra point then try to win it in OT!!!!!!!!

DUMB DUMB DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well before he called it I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, because I have witnessed more teams lose the game this way. After I heard Coach Sam Pittman's reason for going for it and the play that was called gave the QB 3 different choices to chose from, I thought it was a brilliant call. In my opinion It is a shame it wasn't executed properly. KJ could have tossed it to the RB, kept it himself, or throw it to the corner up high for our WR's. Maybe KJ made up his mind before the hike (the way the defense was lined up) he was throwing it high for his receiver to bring it down. If they caught it there was a penalty and they would have had to try it again.

I've seen Arkansas lose in OT. In the past (10 to 20 years ago) they have won more than lost. I have seen Arkansas make that extra two points to win it and also lose it. The momentum was in Arkansas' favor at the time. So why not end it and win it in regulation?

I love that Sam Pittman believes in his players and coaches. He definitely puts his players first above all. They will learn from this and get better. I'm not bitter for the call or the play that was called. It was KJ's game to win and the coach put it in his hands to win it. That to me far outweighs the outcome of the game. Sam has this team playing competitive football unlike the the team he took over. Using most of those same players he is doing something right.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Ole Miss win 52-51

WOW! What a freaking wild and crazy exciting game that was! Who would've thought that Arkansas could hang with Ole Miss in a shootout? Ole Miss looked like they were going to run away with it, then all of a sudden BAM! Arkansas scores. They score then we would score. Our defense did just enough and our offense lit them up with slow drives as well as quick drives. Both teams were running and throwing and scoring.

A missed field goal early by the Hogs would not have mattered if made. Ole Miss would've changed the way they played to catch up or go ahead of those 3 points earlier in the game. Arkansas' defense wasn't the same defense the first 4 games. At least they never played the same. Lack of tackling never helped. Holding penalties not called on a few of those Ole Miss runs for TD's. Maybe would've made a difference or not.

Both teams looked evenly matched. Being this was an away game for the Hogs makes me think we would've won on an neutral site or home field.

I am excited about this team, the coaches, the program going forward. They have a mindset of winning every game they play. Their record is 4-2. To look ahead for record sake, they have the ability to finish the season at 10-2, 9-3, 8-4, 7-5, 6-6 to be bowl eligible. Any one of those would be an improvement from the past in the right direction. Depending on the typ of bowl will depend on the win column. They still get chance to shock the world by finishing with 8 to 10 wins, which no one outside of Arkansas or a fan of them, gave them much of a chance.

10-2 is still possible. Not easy at all. Then again all the SEC games will be tough to win especially against Alabama.

Ya never know. Look what's happened this past Saturday. Lots of upsets and the aggies over Bama. WTH? Looks like Saban has his hands full turning his team around back to being dominate every game. They may never lose another game and play for the natty. It can happen.

10-2, 9-3, 8-4, 7-5, 6-6. The Hogs could lose the rest but one. 5-7 not good. The way the Hogs started out the season it would be pretty disappointing if they went 6-6 or less even though 6-6 makes you bowl eligible. 7-5 or more wins, I would say way to go team, for being Pittman's second year at the helm.

Great things are in the Razorbacks future. Depending on the future of the world that is.

Wooooo Pig Sooie, Razorbacks!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1447707823631212544 Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1447676431174017028 Image
Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1447699016867885056

Link https://twitter.com/i/status/1447376346074730498 Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1447005117832650755

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Kuddos to Sam Pittman

Arkansas Razorbacks
Razorback Shinanegans
@razorbackshenan
Sam Pittman will forever be my favorite and highest respect holder, for me, in the Razorback Football program. I realized I didn't need to see a Saban success story. I needed to see a Sam Pittman success story. Wanna know what no one can take from him?
7:02 AM · Oct 11, 2021·Twitter for Android
Retweets
Quote Tweet

No file chosen
Razorback Shinanegans
@razorbackshenan
·
14h
Replying to
@razorbackshenan
He put this program on his back. All of it. Every player, coach, stigma, list it. And what did he do? He kept trying to stand up with that weight and fast forward to now, his knees are locked. We may see rough patches during his tenure, but we aint bending knees no more.
Razorback Shinanegans
@razorbackshenan
·
14h
Not one time has he displayed discouragement. Not one time has he even given a hint that we CANT do something. He believes in those boys and he believes in US. Dont forget that. He knows our fanbase. He's always been one. All-State doesn't have the good hands. We do.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1448041554791342081 Image
WILL WE SEE THIS AGAIN? MEANING THE WRONG CALL THAT WILL DECIDE THE FATE OF THE HOME TEAM? https://twitter.com/i/status/1447647782022569987

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Polls: Auburn @Arkansas

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/ ... 172926329/

POLLS: No. 17 Arkansas vs. Auburn, score, predictions, top performers

The No. 17 Arkansas Razorbacks suffered their second loss of the season against Ole Miss, 52-51. After playing in three straight ranked matchups away from home, the Hogs will be back inside Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium to take on the Auburn Tigers. Each team has two losses on the year, both coming against teams currently ranked in the top 15.

"We're excited to play Auburn and excited to get back home," Arkansas head coach Sam Pittman said. "Even though we had a home game in there, we've been on the road three weeks in a row. Excited to get back for homecoming and play a really good Auburn team."

The Razorbacks will be looking to make up for their controversial loss against the Tigers last season. Will Arkansas be able to get back on track and remain undefeated at home? How do you see things playing out this week? Kickoff is set for 11 a.m. on CBS.

HOW BADLY DO YOU WANT THIS WIN?
Most weeks, I simply ask how much you hate the opponent, but this week's process will be a little bit different. I assume most Arkansas fans have a general disdain for Auburn but probably hate other teams more. Perhaps some of you still lose sleep over the blown call at the end of last year's game, so that hate may be ramped up a bit this year. But just how badly do you want this win? Of the remaining games on the schedule, where does this rank in terms of games you would want to see the Hogs win? Assuming you can only pick one (because that is the case in this exercise), which one of Arkansas' remaining SEC games do you want to see them win the most?

BO NIX TOTAL OFFENSE?
Since he started his first game at the beginning of the 2019 season, Bo Nix has become one of the most talked about players in college football. This year he's shown flashes of the playmaking ability that sends Auburn fans into a frenzy, but he has also been benched against a Sun Belt opponent. He has played mostly mistake-free football against Arkansas in his career, though obviously Razorback fans will point to what should have been the game-ending fumble in 2020. Nix currently averages 217.2 yards of total offense per game this season and has played much better since being replaced against Georgia State. Will the Razorback defense be able to keep him in check this week?

AUBURN TEAM RUSHING YARDS?
Through four games this season, the Arkansas defense was allowing 123 rushing yards per game. Then Georgia racked up 273 yards on the ground, and Ole Miss followed that up with 324 yards a week later. Will that negative trend continue this week against Auburn? The Tigers currently rank sixth in the SEC at 206.2 rushing yards per game, led by one of the conference's best running back duos in Tank Bigsby and Jarquez Hunter. They're also not afraid to get Nix involved in the run game, and that has been an area of concern for the Arkansas defense. How will this matchup play out this week?

WHO SCORES THE FIRST TOUCHDOWN?
Against Ole Miss, KJ Jefferson found the end zone first for the second time this season. He also now leads the team with five touchdowns scored on the year after a career-high three rushing touchdowns. Trelon Smith, Treylon Burks and Warren Thompson also found the end zone in the high-scoring affair against the Rebels. Who will be the first to score against Auburn this week? Dominique Johnson hasn't scored a touchdown since Week 3, so perhaps he is due. Raheim Sanders' only touchdown of the season came against Texas, but he was the leading rusher for the Hogs against Ole Miss. Smith quietly has four touchdowns on the year, so you can never count him out of this conversation.

RESULT OF FIRST DRIVE?
Against Ole Miss, Arkansas scored on a lot of drives; the opening possession was not one of them. The Razorbacks won the toss, chose to receive to start the game, and then ended up punting six plays later in anticlimactic fashion. They did pick up a first down on that drive, which meant it was their first time on the season to do so on a non-scoring first possession. They've checked a lot of the possible outcomes off of the board this year, so what will it be this week?

KJ JEFFERSON TOTAL OFFENSE?
Jefferson put on a show in his home state Saturday, finishing with a career-high 411 yards of offense and accounting for six total touchdowns. He's solidified himself not only as the backbone of this Razorback offense, but as one of the more exciting players in the entire conference. He's also already produced more rushing yards than any Arkansas quarterback since Matt Jones' senior year in 2004. The redshirt sophomore accounts for an impressive 259.2 yards of offense per game for the Hogs. He also showed off some improved accuracy against the Rebels, completing a career-high 25 passes in 35 attempts (71.4%). Will we see another video game stat line out of Jefferson this week?

LEADING RUSHER FOR ARKANSAS?
For the first time in his career, Raheim Sanders led the Razorbacks in rushing yards in the game Saturday, but I have a feeling it won't be the last time. Sanders finished with a career-high 139 yards on 17 carries, by far his biggest game in terms of volume and production. Arkansas is also the only FBS team with three rushers with over 300 yards on the season in Sanders, Smith and Jefferson. That doesn't even include Dominique Johnson or AJ Green, two guys who have led the team in yards in a game this season. Who will have the biggest day on the ground against the Tigers?

OFFENSIVE MVP (NON-QB)?
The Razorbacks saw a few different guys step up to provide a spark against Ole Miss. Treylon Burks did typical Treylon Burks things, finishing with seven receptions for 137 yards and a touchdown. Warren Thompson caught his second touchdown of the season, and Trey Knox provided a huge boost to the offense with 37 receiving yards and his first touchdown of the year. Who will shine the brightest this week?

DEFENSIVE MVP?
It was not a banner afternoon for the Arkansas defense against Ole Miss. This week, they'll be looking for anyone and everyone who can step up to make some plays and get the unit back on track. Jalen Catalon has battled a few injuries throughout the season but could explode for a big day at any point. We've also seen Tre Williams dominate a game this season. Who do you see providing a spark for the Razorbacks on defense this week?

ARKANSAS-AUBURN GAME RESULT
Razorback fans have been pretty confident in each game this season, so we will see if that remains the case following two losses. This is the first time since Pittman took over that Arkansas is favored against a Power 5 opponent. How will they respond to the challenge of now being expected to win a conference game? I'm sure they will be happy to be back home for the first time since Week 3, but we'll see how the early kickoff affects the crowd and atmosphere. Does Arkansas get back on track with a big win at home this week, or will they suffer a third consecutive loss?

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Polls: Auburn @Arkansas

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/ ... 172926329/

POLLS: No. 17 Arkansas vs. Auburn, score, predictions, top performers

The No. 17 Arkansas Razorbacks suffered their second loss of the season against Ole Miss, 52-51. After playing in three straight ranked matchups away from home, the Hogs will be back inside Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium to take on the Auburn Tigers. Each team has two losses on the year, both coming against teams currently ranked in the top 15.

"We're excited to play Auburn and excited to get back home," Arkansas head coach Sam Pittman said. "Even though we had a home game in there, we've been on the road three weeks in a row. Excited to get back for homecoming and play a really good Auburn team."

The Razorbacks will be looking to make up for their controversial loss against the Tigers last season. Will Arkansas be able to get back on track and remain undefeated at home? How do you see things playing out this week? Kickoff is set for 11 a.m. on CBS.

HOW BADLY DO YOU WANT THIS WIN?
Most weeks, I simply ask how much you hate the opponent, but this week's process will be a little bit different. I assume most Arkansas fans have a general disdain for Auburn but probably hate other teams more. Perhaps some of you still lose sleep over the blown call at the end of last year's game, so that hate may be ramped up a bit this year. But just how badly do you want this win? Of the remaining games on the schedule, where does this rank in terms of games you would want to see the Hogs win? Assuming you can only pick one (because that is the case in this exercise), which one of Arkansas' remaining SEC games do you want to see them win the most?

BO NIX TOTAL OFFENSE?
Since he started his first game at the beginning of the 2019 season, Bo Nix has become one of the most talked about players in college football. This year he's shown flashes of the playmaking ability that sends Auburn fans into a frenzy, but he has also been benched against a Sun Belt opponent. He has played mostly mistake-free football against Arkansas in his career, though obviously Razorback fans will point to what should have been the game-ending fumble in 2020. Nix currently averages 217.2 yards of total offense per game this season and has played much better since being replaced against Georgia State. Will the Razorback defense be able to keep him in check this week?

AUBURN TEAM RUSHING YARDS?
Through four games this season, the Arkansas defense was allowing 123 rushing yards per game. Then Georgia racked up 273 yards on the ground, and Ole Miss followed that up with 324 yards a week later. Will that negative trend continue this week against Auburn? The Tigers currently rank sixth in the SEC at 206.2 rushing yards per game, led by one of the conference's best running back duos in Tank Bigsby and Jarquez Hunter. They're also not afraid to get Nix involved in the run game, and that has been an area of concern for the Arkansas defense. How will this matchup play out this week?

WHO SCORES THE FIRST TOUCHDOWN?
Against Ole Miss, KJ Jefferson found the end zone first for the second time this season. He also now leads the team with five touchdowns scored on the year after a career-high three rushing touchdowns. Trelon Smith, Treylon Burks and Warren Thompson also found the end zone in the high-scoring affair against the Rebels. Who will be the first to score against Auburn this week? Dominique Johnson hasn't scored a touchdown since Week 3, so perhaps he is due. Raheim Sanders' only touchdown of the season came against Texas, but he was the leading rusher for the Hogs against Ole Miss. Smith quietly has four touchdowns on the year, so you can never count him out of this conversation.

RESULT OF FIRST DRIVE?
Against Ole Miss, Arkansas scored on a lot of drives; the opening possession was not one of them. The Razorbacks won the toss, chose to receive to start the game, and then ended up punting six plays later in anticlimactic fashion. They did pick up a first down on that drive, which meant it was their first time on the season to do so on a non-scoring first possession. They've checked a lot of the possible outcomes off of the board this year, so what will it be this week?

KJ JEFFERSON TOTAL OFFENSE?
Jefferson put on a show in his home state Saturday, finishing with a career-high 411 yards of offense and accounting for six total touchdowns. He's solidified himself not only as the backbone of this Razorback offense, but as one of the more exciting players in the entire conference. He's also already produced more rushing yards than any Arkansas quarterback since Matt Jones' senior year in 2004. The redshirt sophomore accounts for an impressive 259.2 yards of offense per game for the Hogs. He also showed off some improved accuracy against the Rebels, completing a career-high 25 passes in 35 attempts (71.4%). Will we see another video game stat line out of Jefferson this week?

LEADING RUSHER FOR ARKANSAS?
For the first time in his career, Raheim Sanders led the Razorbacks in rushing yards in the game Saturday, but I have a feeling it won't be the last time. Sanders finished with a career-high 139 yards on 17 carries, by far his biggest game in terms of volume and production. Arkansas is also the only FBS team with three rushers with over 300 yards on the season in Sanders, Smith and Jefferson. That doesn't even include Dominique Johnson or AJ Green, two guys who have led the team in yards in a game this season. Who will have the biggest day on the ground against the Tigers?

OFFENSIVE MVP (NON-QB)?
The Razorbacks saw a few different guys step up to provide a spark against Ole Miss. Treylon Burks did typical Treylon Burks things, finishing with seven receptions for 137 yards and a touchdown. Warren Thompson caught his second touchdown of the season, and Trey Knox provided a huge boost to the offense with 37 receiving yards and his first touchdown of the year. Who will shine the brightest this week?

DEFENSIVE MVP?
It was not a banner afternoon for the Arkansas defense against Ole Miss. This week, they'll be looking for anyone and everyone who can step up to make some plays and get the unit back on track. Jalen Catalon has battled a few injuries throughout the season but could explode for a big day at any point. We've also seen Tre Williams dominate a game this season. Who do you see providing a spark for the Razorbacks on defense this week?

ARKANSAS-AUBURN GAME RESULT
Razorback fans have been pretty confident in each game this season, so we will see if that remains the case following two losses. This is the first time since Pittman took over that Arkansas is favored against a Power 5 opponent. How will they respond to the challenge of now being expected to win a conference game? I'm sure they will be happy to be back home for the first time since Week 3, but we'll see how the early kickoff affects the crowd and atmosphere. Does Arkansas get back on track with a big win at home this week, or will they suffer a third consecutive loss?

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Calling all Hog fans and students, Be LOUD against Auburn

https://twitter.com/i/status/1448294202685616134 https://twitter.com/i/status/1448440368475815939 https://twitter.com/i/status/1448440861604392960 Image
Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1448319822547259400 Image

NCAAF - Auburn @ #17 Arkansas - Coach Holtz and Mark May - Football Breakdown
https://t.co/bWWYYzCrYQ?amp=1

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

A little KJ Jefferson

KJ wanted it bad. He gotta be careful about landing on his head. Scared me for a second. https://twitter.com/i/status/1448788961208332321 https://twitter.com/i/status/1448677465547759620 https://twitter.com/i/status/1448702519652278272 Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1447932272989065216 Image

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Sam Pittman in is Second Year

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... ssion=true
SAM PITTMAN, ARKANSAS

Grade: A

Some of Arkansas’ shiny veneer has faded in the past couple weeks, but what Sam Pittman is accomplishing this season is nothing short of extraordinary. With four wins in 2021 so far, the Razorbacks are three triumphs away from matching their win total from the past three seasons. Chad Morris drove this program into the ground. Pittman is resurrecting it way ahead of schedule.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1449062262166065155

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Sam Pittman in is Second Year

HawaiianHogster wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:58 am https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... ssion=true
SAM PITTMAN, ARKANSAS

Grade: A

Some of Arkansas’ shiny veneer has faded in the past couple weeks, but what Sam Pittman is accomplishing this season is nothing short of extraordinary. With four wins in 2021 so far, the Razorbacks are three triumphs away from matching their win total from the past three seasons. Chad Morris drove this program into the ground. Pittman is resurrecting it way ahead of schedule.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1449062262166065155
https://twitter.com/i/status/1449087688703873032 https://twitter.com/i/status/1449178451735371776 https://twitter.com/i/status/1449180659587686400 Image

So Funny https://twitter.com/i/status/1449170342308560902 Image0

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

No. 17 Arkansas vs. Auburn HawgSports Staff Predictions

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/ ... 173135883/

Here's how the staff at HawgSports.com see this Saturday's game playing out between No. 17 Arkansas and Auburn. The Razorbacks (4-2, 1-2 SEC) and Tigers (4-2, 1-1 SEC) are set to square off Saturday at 11 a.m. (CDT) from Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville (Ark.), a game that will be televised by CBS.

BETTING LINE: Arkansas -4.5

DANNY WEST | 5-1 overall | 5-1 vs spread

Auburn has the more talented roster and has definitely played better defense as of late. I think we'll see some notable changes on Arkansas' defense in an effort to slow down the Tigers' rushing attack, and Auburn will want to force KJ Jefferson to beat them with his arm. There's an opportunity for the Hogs to have big plays in the passing game against an Auburn defense that gives up 278 yards per game against SEC competition, so I'd expect another big day from Treylon Burks and potentially Tyson Morris, too. Arkansas' first home game in a month will draw a major crowd even for an 11 a.m. kickoff. Arkansas gets back on the winning track as it enters a much more manageable second half of the season. Arkansas 31, Auburn 28

CURTIS WILKERSON | 4-2 overall | 4-2 vs spread

Saturday will be pretty telling as to just how far Arkansas has come and how far it can potentially go this season. The Hogs are favored in a SEC game for the first time in years, will be back in Fayetteville for the first time in a month and have a golden opportunity to position themselves well for a more favorable stretch run than anticipated. The defense is a concern after a pair of rough outings, particularly when it comes to slowing down Auburn’s rushing attack and tracking down Bo Nix, but the Tigers aren’t Georgia or Ole Miss offensively. KJ Jefferson and his crew seem primed to build off last weekend’s momentum. Give me the Razorbacks to snap a five game skid against Auburn in a high-scoring affair. Arkansas 34, Auburn 28

TREY BIDDY | 4-2 overall | 4-2 vs spread

This used to be a great series, but Auburn has won seven of the last eight meetings to give them an 18-11-1 edge all-time. Last year’s referee blunder might provide some motivation, but Arkansas better not approach this one like it’s owed to them. I think both returning home and playing in front of a motivated crowd after a long road stint will play a factor for the Hogs. They’re a little beaten up, but so is everyone at this point in the season. I think Arkansas has the better quarterback, I think Year 2 is better than Year 1 in most cases under a new regime, I think the home crowd is an advantage, and simply I think Arkansas has the better team overall. Plus, Auburn may have needed a coaching change but there's no coaching staff rivalry anymore over there with Gus Malzahn out of the picture. Arkansas 31, Auburn 24.

COMMENTS
ANDREW ELLIS | 4-2 overall | 4-2 vs spread

The Arkansas defense got off to a hot start this season before being humbled the last two weeks. We could learn a lot about that unit in this matchup. Can they get back to limiting big plays and stopping the run? The Razorback offense will be carrying a lot of momentum into this game, but they won’t be seeing that Ole Miss defense this week. Good teams win these types of games at home when they’re favored. I believe Arkansas has a good team, and I think they get the job done. I think we’ll see some signs of life from Barry Odom’s defense against the Tigers. Arkansas 31, Auburn 23.

Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1449122805958823938 Image

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

10 Things To Know – Auburn

No. 17 Arkansas (4-2, 1-2 SEC) returns to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium for the first time in three weeks to square off against Auburn (4-2, 1-1 SEC) for an 11 a.m. tilt on Saturday, Oct. 16, that will air on CBS.

10 Things to Know

1. – The Razorbacks cracked 50 points for the first time in the Sam Pittman era last weekend, but fell in a shootout at Ole Miss, 52-51. Facing a seven-point deficit and 1:07 on the fourth quarter clock, quarterback KJ Jefferson marched the team down the field scoring a touchdown on a 9-yard pass to wide receiver Warren Thompson with zeros on the clock to bring Arkansas within one point. The Hogs attempted to win the game in regulation on a 2-point conversion attempt but came up short.

2. – For the fifth consecutive week and 422nd time in program history, the Razorbacks are ranked in the AP Poll, this week at No. 17. The Hogs’ have been ranked the 21st most times among all college football programs. The 2021 team is the first Hogs squad to be ranked inside the AP top 20 for five straight weeks since the final three weeks of 2011 and first two weeks of the 2012 season.

3. – Against Ole Miss, the Hogs racked up 676 total yards, the fourth-best single-game mark in program history and the most against an SEC opponent. The last time the Hogs broke the 660-yard mark was in 2016 at Mississippi State with a 661-yard outburst. The 1936 Razorbacks set the school record of 859 total yards in a 53-0 win over Pittsburgh (Kan.) State.

4. – The Razorbacks totaled a school-record 39 first downs against the Rebels, breaking the previous program benchmark of 37 first downs against TCU in 1980. It’s the most first downs by a team in an SEC conference game since Missouri totaled 41 first downs against Tennessee in 2016.

5. – The Arkansas rushing attack is one of the best in the country this season, averaging 244.8 yards per game on the ground to rank ninth-best nationally and fourth in the SEC. Running backs Trelon Smith and Raheim Sanders, along with quarterback KJ Jefferson, make up the FBS’ only trio of ball carriers to each have 300+ rushing yards on the same team. Smith leads the team producing 387 rushing yards.

6. – Quarterback KJ Jefferson turned in a performance for the record books at Ole Miss, completing 25-of-35 passes for 326 yards and three touchdowns, while also rushing for 85 yards and three scores. Jefferson accounted for six touchdowns, the second most in a single game in school history. The redshirt sophomore has thrown for 1,235 yards and ran for 320 yards, and is the only quarterback in the SEC to throw for 1,200 yards and run for 300 this year. Jefferson leads the SEC and ranks sixth nationally averaging 15.6 yards per completion.

7. – Wide receiver Treylon Burks leads the team with 29 receptions and ranks second in the SEC with 519 receiving yards. Burks also leads the team with three receiving scores. The junior (26 games) is one of only four FBS pass catchers to record a reception in every game played of their career (minimum 20 career games) joining Ball State’s Justin Hall (49 games), TCU’s JD Spielman (40 games) and Wisconsin’s Jake Ferguson (39 games). Against Ole Miss, Burks had a season-high seven grabs for 136 yards, his seventh 100+ yard game of his career. The wideout is just 60 yards away from entering the program’s top 10 for career receiving yards.

8. – Defensively, Arkansas ranks 17th nationally and third in the SEC allowing its opposition to convert just 29.9% of third downs. The Razorbacks’ passing defense is ranked second in the SEC and sixth nationally, allowing 156.0 yards per game. Top-ranked Georgia boast the nation’s best passing defense, allowing 137.0 yards per game.

9. – Second-year head coach Sam Pittman is one of just 14 SEC coaches in history to take over a team with a losing record and lead it to a top 10 spot in the AP Poll in their first two seasons. Pittman and Houston Nutt (1998) are the only Razorback head coaches to accomplish the feat.

10. – Auburn leads the all-time series against Arkansas, 18-11-1. The Razorbacks are attempting to break a five-game losing skid and win for the first time since Oct. 24, 2015, a 54-46 four-overtime triumph in Fayetteville. Last year in Auburn, the Hogs were narrowly defeated 30-28 in a game that saw Arkansas battle back from a 17-0 deficit. Last year, running back Trelon Smith became the first Razorback to total at least 70 rushing and receiving yards in the same game since 2000.

Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1449062203298963467 https://twitter.com/i/status/1449199708325433347

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

HISTORY OF ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS HOMECOMINGS

https://hogville.net/2021/10/15/history ... mecomings/

By Tyler Priddy

HOT SPRINGS — On November 18, 1922, the University of Arkansas played their first homecoming game at The Hill against the Southern Methodist University Mustangs.

Under Head Coach Francis Schmidt’s first season with the Razorbacks, the Arkansas homecoming game was a major success, and an unexpected win for the underdogs at The Hill. Something really pumped up the crowd and the Hogs this game though. With a short supply of players, and a limited number of substitutions, the University began the annual homecoming in order to symbolize not only earning a win for the Hogs, but show the pride and dignity of Arkansas students and athletes. Not only were the homecoming king and queen introduced, but Schmidt himself decided to add a new slogan on a 20-foot banner that read: ARKANSAS NEVER QUITS. The new high-geared attributes to the University of Arkansas have since then been as essential to Razorback athletics as Hugo Bezdek’s alternation from the Arkansas Cardinals to the “Wild” Razorbacks.

One of Arkansas longest career coaches, Fred Thomsen, coached his final homecoming game on November 15, 1941, one month before the United States’ entrance into World War II. Being Thomsen’s 13th and final season, the University of Arkansas was set to play the SMU at Razorback Stadium for their 19th annual homecoming game. This would also be the third and last home game at Razorback Stadium that season, with an attendance of 9,000. With an unfortunate 14-7 loss, Arkansas played a great game and kept SMU scoreless until the second half. Though it was a loss, the 1941 Homecoming Game was known for being the last crowded home game until at least the 1947 Texas Christian University game.

Along with Frank Broyles, Hugo Bezdek, Houston Nutt, and Bobby Petrino, one of the most recognized and prominent names in Razorback football is Lou Holtz. Lou Holtz had one of the best seasons in 1979, that included the November 10 homecoming win against No. 17 Baylor. The game was an excellent win for the Hogs, ending with a score of 29-20. One of the biggest highlights of the Baylor game was a 41-yard field goal that was scored by Arkansas placekicker, Ish Ordonez, who also led the entire conference in field goals with 18 out of 22. After the homecoming game, Ordonez had officially broken the former NCAA field goal record of 12 consecutive field goals. While coaching at Arkansas, Holtz would only lose two homecoming Games, one of which would be against Baylor in 1983.

The Texas A&M Aggies have been a long-time rival of the Razorbacks since their first game in 1903. A win over the Aggies was always a substantial achievement for the Razorbacks. Especially, it was at the 40th annual homecoming game. On November 4, 1961, Texas A&M met Frank Broyles and the Hogs at Razorback Stadium during his fourth season for a serious Aggie upset. The rivalry game ended with a Razorback victory of 15-8. This would be NCAA and NFL Hall of Famer Lance “Bambi” Alworth’s last homecoming game with the Razorbacks before starting an incredible 10-year career in professional football playing for the San Diego Chargers and the Dallas Cowboys.

The question is if the Razorbacks will break their two-game losing streak against the Tigers at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium this Saturday for the 2021 Annual Homecoming Game. Currently ranked at No. 17, defeating the Tigers would be a key role pushing the Hogs back where they need to be in the SEC. The annual Pep Rally will be held tonight, and kickoff to of the biggest games of the season is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on Saturday and televised on CBS,