*** Official Arkansas Football Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

In Memory Of Garrett Uekman

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Kevin Trainor
@KTHogs
Hard to believe it was 9 years ago today that we suddenly lost Garrett Uekman as part of the
@RazorbackFB
family. Garrett is still remembered and missed. Continued prayers for Danny, Michelle, Meagan and all who had the privilege to know him. Folded hands
@ArkRazorbacks
#GU88

William H. Snead III - #GU88
@SneadFeed
Replying to
@KTHogs

@RazorbackFB
and 3 others
I remember that day. It was terrible. Such a great young man taken way too soon. But Garrett’s legacy will continue to live on through the wonderful work of the
@GU88Foundation

#GU88

Alicia Ann Brown
@brown1_ann
·
8h
Replying to
@KTHogs

@RazorbackFB
and 3 others
Garrett #88 you’re missed every day! Prayers for Michelle, Danny, and Meagan! Love you all!
Maria Swicegood
@mariaswicegood
·
8h
Replying to
@KTHogs

@RazorbackFB
and 3 others
Love to the Uekman and Bennett family! Garrett is smiling in heaven! Red heartRed heart GU88
Matt Zimmerman
@CoachZ_ARKANSAS
·
8h
Replying to
@KTHogs

@RazorbackFB
and 3 others
Rest in Peace Razorback
Bruce King
@BruceKi02371417
·
5h
Replying to
@KTHogs

@RazorbackFB
and 3 others
It was a sad day
Kenninarkansas
@kenninarkansas
·
18m
Replying to
@KTHogs

@RazorbackFB
and 3 others
Never forgotten
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Playing For "The Boot"

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/battle-for-the-boot-gameday-reminders/ https://twitter.com/i/status/1329831874693271556 https://twitter.com/i/status/1329902089980563459 Image
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Same Battle for the Boot, very different Arkansas, LSU

arkansas.rivals.com/news/same-battle-for-the-boot-very-different-arkansas-lsu

Just 12 months ago, the Arkansas Razorbacks were reeling–crashing and burning their way to a second straight 2-10 season after firing their second-year head coach. At the exact same time, just 531 miles south, the LSU Tigers were 10-0 and heading towards a perfect season, culminating in a decisive national championship victory over Clemson.

Now, Arkansas is 3-4 (4-3, yeah, yeah I know) and the Tigers are coming to Fayetteville with a 2-3 record–losses to Mississippi State, Missouri and Auburn.

We all know how Arkansas has managed a turnaround with the leadership of Sam Pittman, Barry Odom, Kendal Briles, Feleipe Franks and more, but how has LSU gone from the top of the mountain to the bottom of the SEC West?

For starters, the Tigers tied the record for most players taken in a single draft in 2020. Thirteen players departed for the NFL. Coordinators Dave Aranda and Joe Brady bounced too.

No team had less offensive production returning for the 2020 season than LSU. Despite that, the Tigers' biggest issue to start the year wasn't the offense. They put up 31, 41, 41 and 52 points up in their first four games, respectively. Quarterback Myles Brennan, replacing Heisman winner Joe Burrow, threw for just 60% completions but he had a decent 11-3 touchdown-turnover ratio.

The biggest problem was, and has been, LSU's defense. TigerDetails reporter Jerit Roser gave HawgBeat this incredible stat this week: "Opponents have gained 1,721 yards on 62 'big plays,' which amounts to 71.9 percent of the total yardage allowed by LSU on just 18.6 percent of its defensive plays."

Given that stat, it's apparent that the defense, featuring former Rivals No.1 in the 2019 class Derek Stingley, has played well the majority of the time, but they get killed by occasional busted coverages and give up a lot of chunk yardage–which is kind of perfect for the Razorbacks.

The Tigers defense has picked off five passes, three by young corner Elias Ricks, and recovered six forced fumbles. Franks, known to take a whollopping sack or two or four, will need to watch out for the LSU pass rush. Lead by linebacker BJ Ojulari with 4 sacks, the LSU defense grades 6th in the nation is pass rushing, according to PFF. They can be stopped however, as proven by the Auburn offensive line three weeks ago.

The Razorbacks won't be facing Brennan for LSU on Saturday as he was ruled out due to injury in October. Freshmen quarterbacks TJ Finley and Max Johnson have both played for the Tigers since, with varying success.

A Louisiana native, Finley got the start against South Carolina, throwing 17 of 21 completions with three touchdowns (one rushing) and one pick. Securing the win, Finley secured his second start against Auburn. However, the Tigers limited Finley to 13 completions on 24 attempts, picked off two passes and sacked him twice.

Checking out his passing chart, Finley is just 3 of 11 outside the hash marks while he's 27 of 33 in the middle of the field. He's completed three deep passes of 20+ yards, surprising Pittman in his film study.

"He’s got a much stronger arm than what I thought," Pittman said. "From watching him the first couple of games, really I was more concerned about him taking the ball down and running. Obviously there’s concern there, but he has a much liver arm as you continue to watch him than what I earlier thought. So the guy can hurt you both throwing and running."

Finley has amassed 22 net yards on 13 rushes with a touchdown and a long of nine yards. Backup Johnson has 24 yards on 9 carries with a long run of 12 yards.

LSU's lead backs, John Emery and Tyrion Davis-Price, split carries and have 245 and 246 yards a piece. Top receiving target is Terrace Marshall who was third in receiving yards for the Tigers last season. He's got 31 catches for 540 yards and he's hands-down the top endzone target with nine touchdowns. The Hogs will need to watchout for mismatches with 6-foot-5 tight end Arik Gilbert as well, he has 259 yards and two touchdowns on 22 catches–the team's second-highest total.

With the tables not quite turned, but certainly rotated, the Razorbacks were favorites according to Vegas entering the week. Unfortunately, the odds haven't stacked up to an even fight for the Hogs Saturday at 11 and the line has shifted accordingly (LSU -1.5). Though we don't know specifics or numbers, Arkansas has been depleted to "thin" levels, according to Pittman, due to positive tests and contract tracing in the program.

Stay locked on HawgBeat Saturday morning as we bring you live updates from pregame warmups.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

10 Things to Know Before Kickoff

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/10-things-to-know-lsu-3/

1. – Arkansas scored a season-high 35 points last weekend at No. 6 Florida but fell to the Gators in The Swamp, 63-35. The Razorbacks offense registered over 400 yards of total offense for the third straight game (458) and ran for their second-most rushing yards (208) of the season. Redshirt junior RB Trelon Smith had a run of 83 yards and junior WR Mike Woods made an 82-yard reception, it’s the first time an SEC team had an 80+ yard run and catch in the same game since Ole Miss in 2014.

2. – Junior WR Mike Woods tuned in a career performance against the Gators, registering a career-high 129 yards on two catches that both went for touchdowns. He made TD grabs of 47 and 82 yards, with the latter being the longest catch by a Razorback since Cobi Hamilton’s 80-yard grab against Rutgers in 2012. He is one of three FBS receivers this season to have two catches for over 100 yards and two scores in a game and is the first Hog since Andrew Davie in 2007 against Ole Miss to have two catches in a game that were both touchdowns. On his second reception, the junior eclipsed 1,000 career yards and has 413 receiving yards this season.

3. – Sophomore WR Treylon Burks is 17 yards away from 1,000 career receiving yards. If he accomplishes the feat against LSU in his 18th career game, he will tie Boo Williams (1999-00) as the fastest Hog receiver to 1,000 yards since 1997. The Warren, Ark. product leads the team and ranks seventh in the SEC with five receiving touchdowns while making 36 receptions for 508 yards. His average of 84.7 receiving yards per game is eighth in the SEC, and 5.7 catches per game are ninth.

4. – Arkansas redshirt senior QB Feleipe Franks made a return to Florida, the school where he began his career, and was 15-of-19 passing for 250 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions. He set a career-high 224.2 quarterback rating and threw for his 16th touchdown of the year, the most at Arkansas since Austin Allen’s 25 touchdown tosses in 2016. He has completed 138-of-202 passes for 1,678 yards, ranking third in the SEC in touchdowns, fourth in passing yards and sixth in passing yards per game (239.7). Franks is the first Arkansas QB since 2000 to throw for 200 or more yards in each of the season’s first seven games and has thrown at least two touchdown TD passes in three straight games. The grad transfer’s 68.3-percent completion percentage is on pace to break the school’s single-season record (Kevin Scanlon, 1979, 66.2-percent).

5. – When the SEC revamped the league’s schedule prior to the season, shifting to an all-league, 10-game slate, many thought the Razorbacks were dealt one of the most difficult schedules in college football history. That schedule has lived up to the billing with Arkansas entering this weekend as the only team in America to have faced four teams in this week’s AP Top 25 poll – No. 5 Texas A&M, No. 6 Florida, No. 13 Georgia and No. 23 Auburn. Three of those four games came away from Fayetteville and happen to be Arkansas’ only four losses. The Hogs are also the only team in the nation to have faced five teams that were ranked in the AP Top 25 at the time of the game. Head Coach Sam Pittman’s first win as the Head Hog came at No. 16 Mississippi State in Week 2 of the SEC schedule. Much like the Jelly of the Month Club, the Razorbacks’ schedule keeps on giving with No. 1 Alabama set to visit Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium on Dec. 5.

6. – Arkansas’ 13 interceptions this season lead the nation and are the most in a single-season at the school since 2009 (13). Against Tennessee, the Hogs made two picks for their third multi-interception game of the year, becoming the first Razorback team to have three multi-interception games since 2015. Making picks against Tennessee and Florida, redshirt freshman DB Jalen Catalon is the first Hog to have interceptions in back-to-back games since at least 1997.

7. – Redshirt freshman Jalen Catalon made 10 or more tackles in the first half for the second week in a row by totaling 12 stops at Florida. Catalon has posted four 10+ tackle performances and leads the team with 40 solo tackles while ranking third in total tackles (70). Since 2000, the defensive back’s 70 total tackles are the most by an SEC freshman through the season’s first seven games. Catalon is tied for the league-lead with three interceptions and is the first SEC freshman to have 70 or more tackles with at least three picks since Ole Miss’ Denzel Nkemdiche in 2012. Catalon is also the first Razorback freshman to have over 50 tackles in a season since Dre Greenlaw in 2015 (95).

8. – Redshirt senior LB Grant Morgan made a game-high 15 tackles against the Gators and improved his average to 12.1 tackles per game, tops in the SEC and sixth-best nationally. Morgan’s three 15+ tackle games are the most in a single-season at Arkansas since 2005 and the most in the SEC since 2015. Right behind Morgan in conference and national leaderboards is junior LB Bumper Pool, who is second in the SEC and seventh in the FBS, averaging 11.7 tackles per game.

9. – Arkansas and LSU will be meeting for the 66th time, but just the sixth time ever in Fayetteville. The Tigers lead the series, 41-22-2, overall and 3-2 in Fayetteville. Arkansas is attempting to claim its first game in the series since a 31-14 win in Baton Rouge on Nov. 15, 2015. LSU won the first-ever meeting, 15-0, on Nov. 22, 1901. Since 1996 when the Golden Boot Trophy was introduced, LSU is 16-8.

10. – Since last playing at Auburn and losing 48-11 on Oct. 31, LSU (2-3, 2-3) had a postponement against No. 1 Alabama and a bye week, and is now in danger of losing its third straight game for the first time since 2015. The Tigers are scoring 35.8 points per game, the fourth-best mark in the SEC, but are allowing 33.6 points per game, which is 11th in the league. Junior Myles Brennan began the season as the starting quarterback but was injured at Missouri on Oct. 10 and is yet to return. Freshmen TJ Finley and Max Johnson have split time, with Finley throwing more passes of the two, completing 30-of-45 attempts for 408 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions. Sophomore RB John Emery Jr.’s 246 rushing yards lead the team, and he has also scored two touchdowns. Junior WR Terrace Marshall Jr. paces the team with 540 receiving yards and nine touchdowns. Senior S JaCoby Stevens is the team’s leading tackler (36) and has made 2.5 sacks and recovered two fumble. https://twitter.com/i/status/1327771502356406272 https://twitter.com/i/status/1329437009878921216 https://twitter.com/i/status/1327808931461292034 https://twitter.com/i/status/1327782743577661442 Image

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Hog Gone Loose. Running To Play The LSU

https://twitter.com/i/status/1329795336991334410 https://twitter.com/i/status/1329927155896123393
https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/sec-picks-for-week-12-including-arkansas-hosting-lsu/
by: Otis Kirk

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 / 01:18 PM CST / Updated: Nov 20, 2020 / 01:18 PM CST

SEC southeastern conference

FAYETTEVILLE — There will be six games in the SEC this week with only Ole Miss at LSU postponed.

Last week I went 3-0 on my picks. This week’s games (All times Central)

LSU (2-3) at Arkansas (3-4), 11 a.m., SEC Network

Arkansas is battling COVID issues and will be shorthanded at some positions. LSU hasn’t played in three weeks. This is 2020 on full display Saturday in Reynolds Razorback Stadium. The Pick: Arkansas

Florida (5-1) at Vanderbilt (0-6), 11 a.m., ESPN

The Gators are rolling and beat Arkansas handily last week. Vandy is struggling this season and won’t get their first win this week. The Pick: Florida

Kentucky (3-4) at Alabama (6-0), 3 p.m., SEC Network

Alabama is rolling and Kentucky is up and down. The Tide is the surest thing in the SEC right now. The Pick: Alabama

Tennessee (2-4) at Auburn (4-2), 6 p.m., ESPN

Auburn has been the beneficiary of some very friendly calls late in games this season. Tennessee hasn’t been as good as many thought they would be. The Pick: Auburn

Mississippi State (2-4) at Georgia (4-2), 6:30 p.m., SEC Network

Mike Leach is getting introduced to SEC Defensive Coordinators and his offense isn’t clicking like many predicted. Georgia is struggling some, but not enough to lose this game. The Pick: Georgia

Missouri (2-3) at South Carolina (2-5), 6:30 p.m., SEC Alternate

The Gamecocks became the first team in the SEC to fire their coach this season. Missouri has been around .500 under its new coach. The Pick: Missouri

Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1329958298217549825

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Razorback Fans posts

What do you really expect?
« on: Today at 09:26:28 pm »
ReplyQuote
We are short, period. I had said in another thread that if we are cleared to play, Pittman will be 120% all in....regardless of who is out. I think Sam is one of the best football coaches in the country, and has a true SEC staff. Odom is by far the Broyles Award leader. Briles is getting a better feel (with Sam's help, I'm sure). Win or lose, we need this game.

We'll probably be playing some kids we haven't heard of....damn Covid. But I promise you they will give the same effort as our starters, because we finally have landed some real coaches. And folks say LSU is rested and ready, or maybe they're in disarray due to the long layoff. They've watched our film. You believe some of those young kids are gonna trot into RRS and not think "we're gonna get our okole handed to us"? I assure you, plenty will.

This staff has, in less than one year, turned the entire team into believing they will win regardless of who we're playing. I [CENSORED] guaran-damn-tee you our kids aren't scared of shite....it shows in how hard they play/hit (J. Catalon, get 'em).

We may win, or not. But I think this is turning out to be the most important game of the year...because we're so short-handed and some kids who haven't played are now expected to beat LSU. The difference is, there is no lack of confidence thanks to Pittboss and his posse. They crawl your okole when you screw up, then pat you on the butt later and tell you exactly what you did wrong. Call it tough love, or call it a 'player's coach', but Sam has changed the entire culture in his first year - especially this week with many players who are very young, or never got a sniff from any other SEC team.

If you can go to the game, please go. If you can't (like me), stick to that cool tv you have and remember that many of these kids aren't just replacements...because they are, by the grace of God, Arkansas Razorbacks. My adrenaline is pumping right now - I can't wait. Like Pittman said in that video when he was announced as HC, "guys, I just want you to play with your eyes and your feet....just be bad okole, ya know."

WPS.

Re: What do you really expect?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:33:18 pm »
ReplyQuote
We are outmanned. LSU 35-17. Go HOGS!!

Re: Predict the score thread
« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:16:14 pm »
ReplyQuote
Quote from: Hogopolis on Today at 01:57:13 pm
If no one had covid:
Arkansas 34
LSU. 20

With half our defensive line out and being thin at RB, plus who knows what else.........
I have no idea what to predict.

42-24 Hogs

« Reply #6 on: Today at 02:37:33 pm »
ReplyQuote
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on Today at 02:16:40 pm
Who says half of our D line is out?

That’s what is being said in other threads
Report to moderator LoggedLike
pghawg1
Senior
Surfing the web at Hogville.net
View Profile Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:41:51 pm »
ReplyQuote
I’m not predicting a score , but if our offense keeps improving we should be able to move the ball and score points. There defense hasn’t been real strong so far this year. 🐗
RebelliousHog
Hall of Fame Hogvillian

Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile

« Reply #8 on: Today at 02:45:47 pm »
ReplyQuote
I think there are 2 guys out on DL. We have other players.
Report to moderator LoggedLike (1 person liked this)
“Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them.”
―Leonardo da Vinci
pghawg1
Senior

« Reply #9 on: Today at 02:48:18 pm »
ReplyQuote
Quote from: RebelliousHog on Today at 02:45:47 pm
I think there are 2 guys out on DL. We have other players.
yep, and those kids have played this year and have done a good job
Report to moderator LoggedLike (1 person liked this)
#hammerdown
All-American Hogvillian

Bring Back the Chrome Dome
View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #10 on: Today at 02:56:24 pm »
ReplyQuote
31-20 Hogs
My username is the equivalent of Hooper's scar in Jaws. He said his scar was from Mary Ellen Moffit "She broke my heart". I wear this name like a scar from the worst coach in Arkansas history.
Rich Nolan
Varsity

« Reply #11 on: Today at 05:01:00 pm »
ReplyQuote
Hogs 19 LSU 14
Elvis P Hogg
Varsity
View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #12 on: Today at 05:04:40 pm »
ReplyQuote
Hogs 38 Tigers 35
Omahogszn
Walk-On

« Reply #13 on: Today at 06:17:58 pm »
ReplyQuote
Hogs will stay a few steps ahead of LSU all game. D will give Finley/Johnson problems, and we'll shut down the run game just enough.

Hogs-34
LSU-24
dsf
Varsity

Love those Hogs!

« Reply #14 on: Today at 06:59:39 pm »
ReplyQuote
LSU 41 Ark 31
titsonboar
Senior

Woo Pig
Woo is me is on Twitter!

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:01:13 pm »
ReplyQuote
Hogs 20
CDogs 13
I bring nothing to the table.
Oliver
Gold Hogvillian

« Reply #16 on: Today at 07:02:46 pm »
ReplyQuote
Hogs 28
LSU 24
VBMark
Senior

It's time to put a lil' WPS on somebody

« Reply #17 on: Today at 07:03:38 pm »
ReplyQuote
Is this with a miniature Pittman or a full size Pittman? The SNL Bears' fans are asking before they place their wagers with Vinnie the Bookie.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field
007 License To Squeal
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame Hogvillian

Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member

« Reply #18 on: Today at 07:04:36 pm »
ReplyQuote
Quote from: Oliver on Today at 07:02:46 pm
Hogs 28
LSU 24

I am going to remind you of this prediction during the game thread..... ;)
widespreadsooie
Hall of Fame Hogvillian

Flatten The Great Curve

« Reply #19 on: Today at 07:09:44 pm »
ReplyQuote
LSU- 27
Hogs- 20
ceegar
Hogvillian

« Reply #20 on: Today at 07:10:12 pm »
ReplyQuote
Corn Dogs 31 Hogs 23
Go Hogs. Go Noles.
hogman78
Varsity

« Reply #21 on: Today at 07:14:07 pm »
ReplyQuote
35-17 Hogs
TheRazorback500
All-American Hogvillian

« Reply #22 on: Today at 07:40:37 pm »
ReplyQuote
I had the Hogs 24-14 previously; COVID forces me to amend it to 24-22. A fun game to watch. Woo pig.
Do you wanna get Rocked?
Hogs-n-Roses
Hall of Fame Hogvillian

Coming to a Stadium Near You!

« Reply #23 on: Today at 08:01:30 pm »
ReplyQuote
38-24 hogs
Arnold Ziffel
Varsity

« Reply #24 on: Today at 08:02:53 pm »
ReplyQuote
Hogs win by a touchdown.....maybe. Im much more confident about the proposition that I wont be able to understand a dayum word Coach Ed says in his halftime on field interview other than Go Tigers.
jgphillips3
Gold Hogvillian

Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #25 on: Today at 08:24:30 pm »
ReplyQuote
Arkansas 42, LSU 35

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Covid19 Hit the Hogs. Loose to LSU

Yep I'm glad they played anyway. It gave more players playing time for the first time ever. That builds relationships and experience in depth.

I could tell our defense was hurt really bad. They gave up too much to LSU.

Even though our offense was sluggish and could not do anything on 3rd downs they still had a chance to win the game.

Of course our special teams fell apart at the end getting a tying fieldgoal blocked.

It happens. Now moving on.

Moving on to Missouri. Last Saturday the Hogs were supposed to play Missouri. Cancelled then postponed due to covid19.

I've heard the Alabama game in Fayettville will be postponed from this Saturday until Dec 05 or later? Not sure.

Covid has changed alot for our young men and women in sports. We are all affected. One day this will be over with or else. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Testing for Covid

Link

Prediction

Link
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Coach Pittman on Missouri Game

Link

Link

They pick Mizzu to cover.

Link

Kickoff time set for Arkansas at Missouri in six days
By MASON CHOATESun Nov 29 2020
https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Kickoff-time-set-for-Arkansas-at-Missouri-in-six-days-155600315/

The kickoff time and network for Arkansas' “Battleline Rivalry” game against the Missouri Tigers in six days on Dec. 5 has been announced. The Razorbacks and Tigers will meet for the 12th time on Saturday at 11 a.m. (CST), and the game will be televised by the SEC Network.

The Tigers are coming off a 41-0 victory in Columbia (Mo.) over the Vanderbilt Commodores. The Razorbacks were forced to take the week off due to a COVID-19 breakout. Arkansas lost to the LSU Tigers 27-24 in it’s last outing on Nov. 21

Arkansas trails Missouri 3-8 in the all-time series. Both teams met for the first time in 1906, a game the Tigers won 11-0. Since the “Battleline Rivalry” was formally introduced in 2014, Missouri has won five of the six meetings between the teams.

The last meeting came in 2019, a game the Tigers won 24-14 in Little Rock. Arkansas has not defeated Missouri since beating the Tigers 28-3 in Fayetteville during the 2015 season. The Hogs have never defeated the Tigers in Columbia.

WHO: Arkansas Razorbacks (3-5 SEC) vs. Missouri Tigers (4-3 SEC)

WHEN: Saturday, Dec. 5 at 11 a.m. (CST) on SEC Network

WHERE: Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium (62,621 cap.) Columbia (Mo.)

STREAM: Available via ESPN app or HERE

RADIO: RSN (99.5 FM/1290 AM in Fayetteville), Sirius Ch. 99, XM Ch. 190. TuneIn

WEATHER: TBD

BETTING LINE: TBD

MISSOURI TIGERS LAST TIME OUT

Freshman quarterback Connor Bazelak mans the helm at quarterback for the Tigers. He completed 30 of 37 passes for 318 yards in the win over Vanderbilt. The former 4-star recruit out of Dayton (Ohio) has 1,622 passing yards on the season and is completing 68.1% of his passes.

The go-to guy on offense for Missouri is senior running back Larry Rountree III. He ran for just 160 yards and three touchdowns against the Commodores. He is averaging 92.9 yards per game and has eight scores on the year.

Junior wideout Jalen Knox is Bazelak’s favorite target this year. He has hauled in 26 catches for 261 yards this season. Backup running back Tyler Badie caught seven passes for 102 yards against Vanderbilt and leads the team with 302 receiving yards on the year.

Linebacker Nick Bolton is the leader of the defense and has 76 tackles, four pass deflections and two sacks this season. Freshman corner Ennis Rakestraw has put together a good year and leads the team with five pass deflections this year.

ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS LAST TIME OUT

The Hogs dropped the “Battle For the Golden Boot” on a blocked field goal late in the fourth quarter. Feleipe Franks struggled at times, but posted 339 passing yards, a touchdown and an interception. He also led the team with 43 rushing yards and a score on the ground.

Rakeem Boyd did not compete in the contest. Trelon Smith found no running room and recorded just 25 yards on 11 carries. TJ Hammonds saw action in the second half and broke off a 29 yard run on the first play of the fourth quarter.

COMMENTS
The Razorbacks have had no problem with deep-threat receivers. Mike Woods, Treylon Burks and Hammonds all recorded a 50-plus yard catch against LSU. Woods led the team with four receptions for 140 yards. His 20.48 average yards per catch ranks second in the SEC.

The tackles continued to rack up for Grant Morgan, who had 19 stops, one sack and 1.5 TFL’s. He currently leads the nation with 104 tackles on the year. Jalen Catalon had 16 tackles before being ejected on a questionable targeting call. Jonathan Marshall continues to give opposing offensive lines fits and recorded a TFL and two quarterback hurries against the Tigers.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

More Arkansas vs Missouri

Link

Link Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1335243810520051715 https://twitter.com/i/status/1335237498000195584 Image
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Arkansas Missouri Predictions

https://twitter.com/i/status/1334906058322526208
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

10 Things To Know – Missouri

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/10-things-to-know-missouri-3/
10 Things To Know – Missouri
Jacob Pavilack
JACOB PAVILACK
December 5, 2020
Arkansas (3-5, 3-5 SEC) plays its second consecutive trophy game as it travels to Missouri (4-3, 4-3 SEC) on Saturday, Dec. 5 for an 11 a.m. kick off with the Battle Line Trophy up for grabs.

10 Things to Know Before Kickoff

1. – Arkansas last laced up its cleats on Nov. 21 inside Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium, falling to defending national champion LSU, 27-24. The Hogs held a 24-20 lead midway through the fourth quarter, but the Tigers went on a 10-play, 67-yard touchdown drive to take a 27-24 lead they would not relinquish. The Arkansas offense racked up over 400 yards of total offense for the fourth straight game (443) while gaining over eight yards per play in its second straight week.

2. – Over the last two weeks, junior WR Mike Woods has been on a tear, making six catches, totaling 269 receiving yards, with two touchdowns against Florida and LSU. Against the Tigers, he reeled in four receptions for a career-best 140 yards, recording back-to-back 100+ yard receiving games for the first time in his career. He averages an SEC-best 20.5 yards per catch and is one of seven FBS receivers this season to average at least 20 yards per catch with 25 or more total receptions. The Magnolia, Texas product’s 553 receiving yards this year is his career single-season high, and his four touchdown grabs tie his high from last season.

3. – Sophomore WR Treylon Burks eclipsed 1,000 career receiving yards against LSU in his 18th career game, tying Boo Williams (1999-00) as the fastest Hog receiver to 1,000 yards since 1997. The Warren, Ark. product leads the team and ranks fifth in the SEC with 598 receiving yards and is sixth in the conference, making six touchdown catches. His average of 85.4 receiving yards per game is fifth in the SEC, and 5.6 catches per game are ninth. Burks is one of only six FBS players to register five or more games with at least five receptions and one rushing attempt.

4. – Arkansas redshirt senior QB Feleipe Franks threw for 300+ yards in a game for the second time this season, accruing a career-high 339 yards on 17-of-26 passing with a touchdown against LSU. He tossed his 17th touchdown of the year, the most at Arkansas since Austin Allen’s 25 touchdown passes in 2016. He has completed 155-of-228 passes for 2,017 yards, ranking fourth in the SEC in touchdowns, passing yards, passing yards per game (252.1) and passing efficiency (161.3). Franks is the first Arkansas QB since 2000 to throw for 200 or more yards in each of the season’s first eight games. The grad transfer’s 68-percent completion percentage is on pace to break the school’s single-season record (Kevin Scanlon, 1979, 66.2-percent). He has also found success throwing the deep ball, completing nine passes of 50+ yards, which ranks second in FBS.

5. – Under the direction of first-year head coach Sam Pittman, Arkansas has won three games, the school’s most SEC wins since 2016 and most wins overall since 2017. The Hogs’ three wins are the most for a team coming off a zero-win SEC schedule since Auburn in 2016. Pittman is also the only first-year Arkansas head coach to win three or more SEC games in his first season since Houston Nutt won six in 1998. First-year defensive coordinator and Broyles Award nominee Barry Odom has guided a remarkable improvement through eight SEC games compared to last season. This year the Hogs have improved their defensive numbers by 43.9 yards per game and 70.6 rushing yards per game while allowing 9.0 points per game fewer than last year.

6. – Arkansas’ 13 interceptions this season lead the conference while ranking second in the country and are the most in a single-season at the school since 2009 (13 interceptions). Against Tennessee, the Hogs made two picks for their third multi-interception game of the year, becoming the first Razorback team to have three multi-interception games since 2015. Making picks against Tennessee and Florida, redshirt freshman DB Jalen Catalon is the first Hog to have interceptions in back-to-back games since 2007. Even though the Hogs did not record an interception against LSU, they recovered a fumble, forcing a turnover in their third straight game.

7. – Redshirt freshman DB Jalen Catalon is the only player in FBS with 85+ tackles and at least three interceptions. His 86 total tackles lead all FBS freshmen, and he is the first SEC freshman since Tennessee’s Eric Berry in 2007 with at least 86 tackles and three picks. He made a career-high 16 tackles against LSU and has totaled five 10+ tackle games this season, including three straight against Tennessee, Florida and LSU. Catalon is also the first Razorback freshman to have over 50 tackles in a season since Dre Greenlaw in 2015 (95).

8. – Against LSU, redshirt senior LB Grant Morgan made 19 tackles in a game for the second time this season, which is tied for second-most in an FBS game this year behind teammate Bumper Pool’s 20 at Mississippi State. Morgan, a former walk-on, leads the country with 104 tackles and was one of 16 semifinalists for the Dick Butkus Award, given annually to the nation’s best linebacker. Pool (82 tackles) and Morgan and are the highest tackling LB tandem in the SEC.

9. – For the 12th time, Arkansas will meet Missouri on the gridiron, where the Tigers hold an 8-3 advantage in the all-time series. The Hogs have not beaten Missouri since 2015, a 28-3 triumph inside Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium, in the first-ever game featuring the Battle Line Trophy. Despite only playing 12 times, the series dates back to Nov. 10, 1906, an 11-0 Missouri win in Columbia. Missouri joined the SEC in 2012, and the teams have met every year since 2014. This season’s game was initially scheduled to be played at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Mo., but was shifted back to Columbia due to COVID-19.

10. – The Tigers have won four of their last five games, dismantling Vanderbilt, 41-0, in their last contest on Nov. 28. Redshirt freshman QB Connor Bazelak has lifted Missouri since his first start of the season in Week 3 and is now 5-1 as a starter in his career after beating Arkansas last season. The Dayton, Ohio product has completed 147-of-209 passes for 1,622 yards and five touchdowns with two interceptions this season. Senior RB Larry Roundtree III is seventh among FBS active leaders in career rushing yards (3,398) and leads the team with 650 rushing yards and eight scores this year. Junior Jalen Knox is the team’s leading receiver making 26 catches for 261 yards. The matchup features two Butkus Award Semifinalists in Arkansas’ Morgan and Missouri’s Nick Bolton, who has made a team-leading 76 tackles and ranks second in the SEC in tackles for loss (7.5). Alma, Ark. native and Arkansas Tech graduate Eli Drinkwitz is in his first year as the Tigers head coach.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

QB Change

Feleipe Franks out for Missouri game. KJ Jefferson QB first start of the season. He hasn't played much at all this year. A few snaps. Dangit. I hope he has an awesome game.

Not good 3 and out his first time out. Oh well. Hopefully he will grow into the QB role real soon. Get comfortable back there and make his throws.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Loss to Mizzu by 2

What can I say? Another close one gone to the wrong team.

Man I am proud of KJ Jefferson for playing as well as he did with little playing time this year. That makes me excited for next year. 48 points scored. The highest this year. So sad the defense was unable to stop Mizzu offense when they needed to most.

That two point play for the win was a miracle. That pass from KJ to Woods should have been intercepted. Instead the defender lost it off his hands and it went to Woods for the successful two point play. I yelled so loud my sides cramped up. Hurt for the next hour. HAHAHAAHA.

After Captain Morgan was injured and had to leave the game for good. Our defense could not even slow their offense down. It was like day and night. That man is the best we have. He plays with more heart and passion than I can even imagine. The backups try but they can't do what he does efficiently or consistently.

My Hogs need help on defense and special teams. Our O-line and D-Line can use some help too. In the trenches is where it all starts to come together. Anyone that is good at these would have a great chance of starting.

This was our last real chance to win another SEC game. I say that because our last SEC opponent is pretty much untouchable. Alabama. Yep. At least it is played in Fayetteville on ESPN starting at 0700 or 7:00am. I wouldn't miss that game for the world. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: New Head Coach for Arkansas Football

https://twitter.com/i/status/1336755776824741889 Image

https://twitter.com/i/status/1336704168489345024 Image

Coach Sam Pittman
@CoachSamPittman
· Dec 8
A year ago today was the greatest day of Jamie and I’s life.#justgettingstarted #turnthatdamnjukeboxon #thankful #gohogs

Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.