Distraction for Boise St.? HC Harsin interviewed at Arkansas & Possible Candidate at Missouri

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
uhwarriors

Distraction for Boise St.? HC Harsin interviewed at Arkansas & Possible Candidate at Missouri

Post by uhwarriors »

Let's hope so.
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Though the case for Lane Kiffin remains strong, a new name entered the mix for the open Arkansas job on Thursday night.

It's a name that should be familiar to fans in the Natural State, considering that he worked at Arkansas State not too long ago.

Per Football Scoop, Boise State head coach Bryan Harsin also interviewed for the Arkansas job.
https://www.thv11.com/article/sports/re ... 7b297c2e4c
One candidate that would not be a shock to see garner serious interest is Boise State’s Bryan Harsin. The 43-year-old, 70-21 in seven seasons as a head coach, was reportedly a wish-list level candidate early in the week, but his name quickly fizzled out as the week progressed. His name surfaced in several media outlets, and if there’s one thing we’ve collectively learned from donor- or trustee-led searches, it’s that they read the same message boards and Facebook pages Joe Q. Fan reads — only they have the power to tell the AD, “Get him, or else.”
https://footballscoop.com/news/update-a ... s-changed/

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Distraction for Boise St.? HC Harsin interviewed at Arkansas & Possible Candidate at Missouri

Post by shrek2 »

This is interesting. Taking the interview before the next game? It's a natural progression for him since he seems like a hired gun.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Distraction for Boise St.? HC Harsin interviewed at Arkansas & Possible Candidate at Missouri

Post by cabanalane »

I'm sure there's distractions with Rolo too. Even if he refuses to talk or consider anything, at this time, it's in his mind. He probably already had some discussions with his wife about the family's future. And you know, it's not like other teams will offer Rolo a $100K, $200K, or $300K increase. It will be FU Money where he can't say "no."

P.S. I'm sure Stuz and Smith is thinking, can I come along too...

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:39 am I'm sure there's distractions with Rolo too. Even if he refuses to talk or consider anything, at this time, it's in his mind. He probably already had some discussions with his wife about the family's future. And you know, it's not like other teams will offer Rolo a $100K, $200K, or $300K increase. It will be FU Money where he can't say "no."

P.S. I'm sure Stuz and Smith is thinking, can I come along too...
Completely different scenarios. One, Rolo has not taken an interview that has been announced. I don't know him well enough to comment on what he and his family have discussed but they have a stake in Hawaii as she is local and he is California. Harsin worked in Arkansas. I would hope that Rolo goes to a coaching job with a $1M increase as opposed to a trivial $300K increase. Hawaii offers quality of living not money.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1202988147505860615

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

rolo's first obligation is to his family and especially his children, so being invited to interview for a job that pays much more than hawaii, pays assistants more, budgets more for recruiting and has a better fan base, might just be enough to pry him loose like an opihi from the rock.

i think anyone of us would do the same: family first.