Washington HC Chris Petersen Stepping Down

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
uhwarriors

Washington HC Chris Petersen Stepping Down

Post by uhwarriors »

Chris Petersen’s sixth season as Washington’s head football coach will also be his last.

Petersen will step down following UW’s impending bowl game, the program announced on Monday. Second-year Husky defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake has been named the program’s new head coach by UW athletics director Jen Cohen. Petersen will transition into an advisory role for UW Athletics.

“It has been a privilege and a professional dream fulfilled to be part of this world-class institution,” Petersen said in a release. “I will forever be grateful, honored and humbled to have had the opportunity to coach our fine young men on Montlake for these past six seasons. I thank each of them, as well as our coaches and administrative staff for the incredible commitment they’ve made to Husky football during my tenure.

“The football program and Husky Athletics across the board will continue to prosper – and do it the right way – with Jen Cohen’s leadership and the University administration’s commitment to excellence. I’ll be a Husky for life, but now is the right time for me to step away from my head coaching duties, and recharge.”
“Chris has been transformational for not only our football program, but our entire athletic department,” Cohen said in a statement. “It has been such a privilege to watch how he has been so committed to the development of our young men, not just on the field, but more importantly off. I can’t thank him enough for his service and leadership, and I look forward to having him stay on staff in a leadership advisory role, so he can continue to impact individuals across our department and the entire campus.”
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... all-coach/

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Washington HC Chris Petersen Stepping Down

Post by shrek2 »

Class guy. Wish him the best. Was very successful in the Group of 5 but mediocre in the Power 5. Still coached with a lot of class.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Wow. big surprise for me. Wish him well in his future.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Wow. I was just hoping that one day, some day, UH would beat him.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:54 am Wow. I was just hoping that one day, some day, UH would beat him.
Just hope he doesn't end up at another MWC school in the future.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I think this year took a massive toll on him, despite his previous accomplishments. Losing to Colorado and Stanford (as well as UC-Berkeley at home) must’ve been frustrating.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:55 pm
My3Cats wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:54 am Wow. I was just hoping that one day, some day, UH would beat him.
Well New Mexico and UNLV just opened up!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:06 am
BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:55 pm
Well New Mexico and UNLV just opened up!
And piss poor Fort Fart!!!!!! Mike Bobo got canned there today. There goes Wyoming's easiest victories. LOL

The buyout on his contract....$5.5 million.