MWC Coaching Changes

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Fresno HC Tedford and Colorado State HC Bobo stepping down

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:33 pm
poidog wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:00 pm Norm Chow is available
No shame, I am a Chow Fan. Chow should have kept Rich Miano as Associate HC, to handle the BS stuff, so Chow is mostly in name only. But that ship has sailed.
During Chowtime, I started to bring my own coffee to watch PPV at my cousin's house because I kept falling asleep. Been doing it since then out of habit, but Chasing Championships Chow with his tremendous offensive mind was just offensive. Not to mention incredibly boring. With that being said, Brian Smith's play calling just ain't doing it either.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Fresno HC Tedford and Colorado State HC Bobo stepping down

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:57 pm During Chowtime, I started to bring my own coffee to watch PPV at my cousin's house because I kept falling asleep. Been doing it since then out of habit, but Chasing Championships Chow with his tremendous offensive mind was just offensive. Not to mention incredibly boring. With that being said, Brian Smith's play calling just ain't doing it either.
Too many quick three and outs in the second half of a lot of games after coaches watch their scheme. Jeff Tedford had so many offensive schemes that it was bigger than a dictionary and their players weren't required to take Algebra II before going to FSU. Boise had so many man in motion type situations they made the defense confused. Somehow this run and shoot is missing something from the JJ days. Even if they lost it seemed like the June Jones teams were more fun to watch.

BigWave96744

Re: MWC Coaching Changes

Post by BigWave96744 »

Tony Sanchez, former Bishop Gorman head honcho, couldn't keep top state talent home and turn it around at UNLV. Too much distractions? Read that Oregon and Utah DC are top candidates.

Fresno St will probably land a good coach and become competitive in a year.

Colorado St got the new Stadium but difficult place to consistently be a ranked team, as the Administration seeks. They had a good coach in Bobo, as noted he is now the OC at South Carolina

New Mexico, bleh

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

UNLV could be close to hiring Oregon OC Marcus Arroyo
By Mark Anderson
Las Vegas Review-Journal
13 hours ago

UNLV and Oregon offensive coordinator Marcus Arroyo appeared to be working Monday night toward an agreement for him to become the next Rebels’ football coach, but no deal had been reached, according to several people with knowledge of the negotiations.
www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv/unlv- ... yo-1910723

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Aranda at UNLV?

Post by Irse »

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/sta ... 4168513536
https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/1204546704168513536

Would be a big pay cut.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Re: Aranda at UNLV?

Post by BigWave96744 »

I think Colorado St has a better chance for Aranda than UNLV.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Aranda is getting paid $2.5M at LSU. UNLV was paying Sanchez $600K. So even if they quadrupled the salary, it would still be a pay cut.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1204618569557979136

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

That's good. He can get a better job than the UNLV one.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

His resume is impressive especially the story about UNR and Colorado.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Aranda
"In those wins, Aranda's opportunistic defense limited the opposition to 16.1 points per game, only allowed 2.4 yards per rush [5] and held Colin Kapernick in check en route to handing the Nevada Wolfpack its only loss of the season. Under Aranda's guidance the Warriors led the nation in turnovers caused (38) and tied a school record for most defensive touchdowns (5)."
"Aranda's defense was particularly impressive in a 34–17 drubbing of Colorado.[7] Leading up to the game, Colorado coach Jon Embree boasted that as to Hawaii's defense, the Buffaloes were going to "run the ball down their throat."[6] Aranda, who later acknowledged that he took Embree's comment personally, met the challenge head on and limited the boastful Buffaloes to just 17 net rushing yards on the night.[8]"
Maybe if we lose our head coach in the future, he may want to come to Hawaii.
"Despite the circumstances, Aranda said later "I miss the family atmosphere there. I miss the people."[11]"

stranger_808
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by stranger_808 »

Aranda should be getting offers from Power 5 conferences, he knows enough people in the Big 10 and SEC. If I were USC, I'd be offering him.
No mattah how critical, I support our Warrior players.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

https://twitter.com/UNLVathletics/status/1204818405393494016
ESPN article.
The UNLV Rebels have hired Oregon Ducks offensive coordinator Marcus Arroyo as their head coach, it was announced Wednesday.

"We set out to find a teacher and a competitor with the character, competence, energy and intellect to bring out the best in our 105 young men and recruit and develop the next group of Rebel football student-athletes," UNLV athletic director Desiree Reed-Francois said in a statement. "We looked for a leader that is a great evaluator of talent, who can sell what makes UNLV, our community, and our program unique, and helps develop and prepare our student-athletes for the next level.

"When Marcus and I reconnected during the search process, his alignment with these attributes became evident. I am confident he is the right coach to lead UNLV football's ascent."

Reed-Francois was director of compliance at San Jose State at the same time that Arroyo played quarterback for the Spartans from 1998-2002.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... head-coach

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Colorado State hires ex-BC, Temple coach Steve Addazio as head coach

By Zach Barnett
Dec 11, 2019, 6:21 PM EST

Colorado State has hired former Boston College and Temple head coach Steve Addazio to be the next head Ram, the program announced Wednesday.
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... ead-coach/

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

"Following his exit from BC, Addazio was quickly dogged by accusations of rude and paranoid treatment by former players."

Prolly because his job was slipping away as a result of mediocre seasons from those teams and these players?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Arizona State: Boise State offensive coordinator Zak Hill has accepted the same position at Arizona State.
https://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/