SF 49ers are being labelled as fools gold

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: SF 49ers are being labelled as fools gold

Post by Irse »

49ers got be to favorites to get into the Super Bowl. They look solid.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Love the defense. Still questionable without George Kittle in the lineup.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Geez I wish the Jimmy G/Kyle Shanahan team was better. Lack of good calls by Kyle and effective passing by Jimmy G cost SF the game against the Ravens.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

49ers win because of George Kittle's reception in the last minute and refusing to go down and even fighting off a face mask penalty by the defense. Field goal wins it for the 49ers by 2 with no time remaining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chhdea6oS5U

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Aside from George Kittle, the offense looks hopeless. They will lose in the first or second round of the playoffs. At least it was a better run than expected.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

SF 27 - Minnesota 10 in first NFC playoff game. Defense won the game! Too much credit is given to Jimmy Garopollo for the win or loss when it's more of the George Kittle and the offensive line.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

As far as a predictor is concerned, I guess I'm a flop because I thought nobody could stop the Baltimore Ravens in getting to the Superbowl because nobody could stop Lamar Jackson in his running game from the QB position. I really thought no other team could match the Ravens if they really wanted to win but I guess one star doesn't make a team.

Irse

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:26 pm As far as a predictor is concerned, I guess I'm a flop because I thought nobody could stop the Baltimore Ravens in getting to the Superbowl because nobody could stop Lamar Jackson in his running game from the QB position. I really thought no other team could match the Ravens if they really wanted to win but I guess one star doesn't make a team.
I'm glad the Ravens lost. Jackson is good but tired of hearing how great he is. Wait until he gets really nailed.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Lincoln Victor is our Debo Samuels because he can run the sweeps with power and get runs after catch with power.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Irse wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:12 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:26 pm As far as a predictor is concerned, I guess I'm a flop because I thought nobody could stop the Baltimore Ravens in getting to the Superbowl because nobody could stop Lamar Jackson in his running game from the QB position. I really thought no other team could match the Ravens if they really wanted to win but I guess one star doesn't make a team.
I'm glad the Ravens lost. Jackson is good but tired of hearing how great he is. Wait until he gets really nailed.
I agree. Jackson isn't going to be the Brady or Montana or Rodgers.

BTW, Chiefs in their first Super Bowl since the 4th one that was played in January 1970!!!!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

gopunahou wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:02 pm I’m happy for DeForest and the likelihood that this’ll be the first time he’ll play in the playoffs.
DeForest Buckner is way better than Isaac Sapoanga was in his day. Not that Isaac Sapoanga was not good but DeForest Buckner's got the motor to run down the ball carrier and go for the sack. Isaac was absolutely a wall on the run plays.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:40 am 49ers got be to favorites to get into the Super Bowl. They look solid.
You have a better eye than I. I was sure that Jimmy G. was going to hold them back from coming from behind but due to the offensive line, they can run all day. No competition in comparing quarterbacks between KC and SF but hopefully the 49ers make up for the QB shortcomings with their team play.

Irse

Post by Irse »

I guess the 49ers are the real gold. Going to be an entertaining super bowl. I don't really care who wins since it's not my Cowgirls.
ImageImage

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Irse wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:26 am I guess the 49ers are the real gold. Going to be an entertaining super bowl. I don't really care who wins since it's not my Cowgirls.
I could care less for this year's Super Bowl. The only other one I wasn't thrilled about....Colts-Bears (XLI; Feb. 2007).

I was hoping for Bills-Saints. Josh Allen vs. Drew Brees (who almost became a Wyoming Cowboy)

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I can't believe that KC is only favored by 1 in the Superbowl. Patrick Mahomes, right now, is the top quarterback in the NFL with his arm. One thing about KC is that once they are in the red zone, they will run crossing patterns which is actually pass interference but the referees don't see it. UH should take note of this especially since UH has problems scoring within 5 yards. The 49ers are really slow in developing a score because they rely on the run but Kansas City can score easily in 2 minutes. It should be a great game to watch.