Razorback's Chad Morris FIRED!!!!

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Found these videos

Post by HawaiianHogster »

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Onto No. 11 Auburn @Arkansas

An early morning game at 11:00 am, 6:00 am HST. This will test their spirits, heart, and will to play football. The hogs will need to be mentally strong. Alignment assignment. Fast to the ball. Great tackling. Get to the QB a few times and make him rush his throws. Try to make them one dimensional and especially stop or slow down their running game.

Come on Razorbacks get mad and angry as hell and put this Auburn team on their backs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link

The below video is a radio interview of Chad about 9 minutes and Gus about 7 minutes. Chad goes first followed by Gus.

Link
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Razorback's, Year No. 2 under Chad Morris

Post by Irse »

Getting walloped by Western Kentucky today. Already lost to San Jose State this year. I would think Morris is gone.
ImageImage

Irse

Post by Irse »

Morris just got fired.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... 4-18-start

It'll be interesting who they go after. Does Jerry Jones ever get involved?
ImageImage

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Irse wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:03 am Morris just got fired.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... 4-18-start

It'll be interesting who they go after. Does Jerry Jones ever get involved?
I do know this, Jerry has a some say cause he donates some money and is alumni. I'm not sure how much say he has on who the next coach will be. I bet all the big donners might have a vote.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

I believe Chad was under the impression that he had several years to rebuild this program without any worries of being fired. I bet Chad never thought they would lose to the teams out of conference. His problem was he played a lot of freshman mixed with seniors and juniors recruited by Bret Beilema that never bought in to his program. There was a division of the age groups. Arkansas fans can't muster losing to the lesser programs while trying to completely rebuild the program from the ground up. There was a lot pressure put on the AD from season ticket holders and the money donators to fire coach Morris. If he had 2 more years would the wins start coming or would they keep losing? They would have lost the fan base had they kept him on.

I don't blame the AD for firing him after the ugly losses and not being competitive. It was difficult to watch just like it was when Hawaii was coached by Norm Chow. That was super difficult to go to every game and watch them play like a high school team against college level teams. Sad Arkansas can't find a head coach that wins more than loses.

Who's up next? The list will grow and change everyday on who the next head coach will be. It's gonna be nuts until they find someone. Whoever it is will have some good freshman and sophomores to coach up. Maybe a couple of Juniors and Seniors.

Let rumors begin!

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Razorback's Chad Morris FIRED!!!!

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/arkansas ... l-program/

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Arkansas has made a change in leadership in its football program. Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Hunter Yurachek announced today that Chad Morris has been dismissed as the head football coach.
Morris was hired in December 2017 and was in his second season as the head coach of the Razorback football team. The Razorbacks had a 4-18 record in Morris’ tenure at Arkansas, including a 2-8 record this season.
“As part of my continued evaluation, I have come to the conclusion that a change in leadership is necessary to move our football program forward and position it for success,” Yurachek said. “It is clear that we have not made the progress necessary to compete and win, especially within the Southeastern Conference. Throughout our history in football, as well as with our other sport programs, we have demonstrated that the University of Arkansas is capable of being nationally competitive. I have no doubt that as we move forward, we will identify a head coach that will help lead our program to that benchmark.
“I want to express my personal and professional regard to Coach Morris and thank him for his investment in the lives of our student-athletes.”
Yurachek announced that a national search for the next head football coach will begin immediately. Assistant Coach and former Razorback quarterback Barry Lunney Jr. will serve as the interim head football coach for the remainder of the 2019 football season.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Link

Link

I don't know where this guy got his coaching search names from.

Link

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Link

Below are some comments I found while watching Chad's Pregame and Post game WKU show.

Morris sounds like he is selling cars to fans after a flooding disaster. After all the game attendance is his only real actual worry. Morris should have already been fired. Morris has made the Arkansas football program the carnival show of college football. Players horribly executing fake punts and major college players more ineptly coached than Junior High School kids about playing until you hear the blame whistle.

Seriously a trash coach! Go back to high school coaching you failure! Absolutely no balls on this man! He watches as WKU go’s for it on two fourth down plays and when we get a 4th and 3 he punts like the little coward he is! He’s a hack and the worst coach in college football history! He should be run out of the state and sent packing! I hope some homer gets mad and disagrees with me, if you support Chad Morris you’re a closet Longhorns fan!

Somebody has been listening to the Hog fans and media saying how defeated Chad looks and has been carrying himself. I really want Chad to succeed at Arkansas, he seems like a really good guy. Losing like Arkansas has been, really hurts, but that’s probably nothing compared to the hurt Morris is feeling. Let’s go Chad!!! Get those Hogs ready and finish this season strong!!! We’re still rooting for ya!!!

I would like to thank you Chad for all the wonderful memories we have created these last two years together. I know that when I am feeling happy, positive, and really good myself all I need to do is watch the Razorbacks play on Saturday to knock myself back down to a deep, depressive state that requires me to take medication and for that I thank you.

What bothers me the most about this is you can tell he is pissed that he is having to field hard questions. We should just hand over that $3.5 million a year...... no questions asked. How dare we expect anything for it in return!

That’s the last straw. I’m going for western Kentucky so this clown can get the hell out of Fayetteville.

Idk why I watch these. They're just so depressing, the guy just sounds so defeated. Does anyone here actually think we have a chance at beating WKU? The team is just so fundamentally broken and non functional on all levels.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Razorbacks Interim Head Coach

A few tweets below.

I'm told the players welcomed interim head coach Barry Lunney Jr. with a big round of applause at the team meeting. Emotional moment. #WPS

There is without a doubt in my mind that
@CoachSamPittman
is the perfect fit for
@RazorbackFB
. The best recruiter in the country and the best coach in the country. #WPS

I'd take him. He'd hire a good staff that would love working for him. Great recruiter. Would have a kick butt O line. Players would run through a brick wall for him. Loves Arkansas

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Some posts from Hogville.net below.

Chris Klieman and Mike Norvell would be a huge upgrade over anything they have had over there since Petrino.

No to Freeze. Most of the rest of the list doesn’t inspire me.

I think you go Leach first.
Klieman and Norvell are tied in my book.
The rest last.
I would say Harsin but he’s from Boise, played at Boise State, graduated from Boise State, was a GA and assistant at Boise State for almost 10 years, and now he’s the head coach at Boise State. He’s spent three years of his life outside Boise. Why would he leave Boise State?

Please no coordinators. Arkansas is a dumpster fire right now. We need someone who knows how to do the job. No more paying for someone to learn on the job.
No Stan Heaths. No one year wonders. Please have a decent resume with multiple years of a winning record.
Must have a overall winning record and P5 wins as a head coach.
All coaches are gambles but this at least increases your chances that they are not another Chad Morris.

Why doesn't Steve Sarkisian name ever come up in these discussions? John Brady from LSU looks like a genius this year.

You Leach lovers look at yesterday's box score against Cal? Wazzu had 16 yards rushing. Yes, that's right , 16 yards. leach is a one trick pony who only knows how to play football by throwing it 60 times a game. Do you really want to watch that? It will not work in the SEC. He is also a poor recruiter who thinks he can take anybody, teach them his scheme, and win ball games. that may work against mediocre or weaker teams but not in our league. We need a DYNAMIC recruiter with a RELENTLESS work ethic. Leach is not that guy. Maybe it's Norvell or Kiffin or Drinkwitz or Clark but it's definitely not Leach. I'll take Justin Wilcox from Cal (who just beat Wazzu yesterday with a mediocre backup QB) over Leach any day. He is a hard worker, emphasizes defense and will recruit like a mother. We need a workaholic to have any chance in our league.

Norvell's buyout is not $6.748 million according to this...
Memphis coach Mike Norvell's latest extension includes no raise, no change to buyout
In each of Memphis coach Mike Norvell's previous two extensions, there was something extra that came with it.
The first raised his assistant salary pool by $250,000. The second made him the highest paid non-Power Five coach in the country and raised his assistant salary pool again by the same amount.
His third extension had no such benefits. According to Norvell's contract, which was obtained by The Commercial Appeal through an open records request, the only change was extending his deal through the 2023 season, which was reported Tuesday.
Norvell did not receive a raise or an increase to his assistant salary pool. His buyout also remained at $500,000.
https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/ ... 792136002/

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

At Hogville.net some fans feel this way.

I agree with most here in that it is not an obviously bad decision to fire Morris, but let's not act like we as a program don't come out looking very very bad in all of this.

But over the last 36 hrs this idea that we are in a strong position, we are going to call the shots, that HY is kicking okole and taking names, etc......all very bizarre and comical.

We aren't in a strong position here at all. We look weak and everyone knows we don't have a lot of leverage in this upcoming coaching search. Chad Morris had lost the team and he had to be fired I suppose, but no mistake this was a bad day for Arkansas football.

Going into this coaching search is not a good feeling. It sure as hell doesn't carry lots of hope and optimism. It's like going to the dentist and being told you need a ton of restorative work that will cost an ungodly amount or it's time for dentures. The names we attract are not going to be ones in here most like, and even those names may cost more than we have to spend here.

At this point I've kind of separated the HC from my enjoyment of Arkansas football. It kind of feels like a head coach is just something you shuffle in and out every few years....I can still enjoy the games without getting too much into the head coach drama.

Doing this again just feels so.....so tiring and blah. We were literally just here. I think a lot of us really are at a point where we are like "ok, tell us who the new guy is and it's cool".

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Some politics below from Hogville.net.

I'm just amazed that anyone who theoretically knows something about football can't see that Morris has limited leadership qualities.

Anyone who can't get anyone to follow their lead is NOT a good leader! Anyone with eyes could see the players weren't responding to his and this staff's "coaching."

At least way too many of them weren't following his lead. I understand FR being upset because they signed with Morris less than a year ago and maybe hadn't figured out his grift yet.

Some swear up and down there was division in the locker room between the upper and lower classmen, some swear with equal conviction there is not. It should be clear to all who have watched this team play that there is a disconnect somewhere.

Maybe it was between one of those groups and the staff or Morris, but there was something some kind of negative energy there.

The comments by players on twitter and some former players who left were more negative toward Morris. "You reap what you sow." from Whaley from one not known to rock the boat.

Cole Kelley had a comment implying that Morris was a phony. Same as said it. Koilan Jackson was another and his brother played here and Dad was in the broadcast booth.

That can't all be dismissed as sour grapes or players whining. Randy Ramsey and Rohan Gaines commented about a coach or coaches seeming too egotistical to even tweak their schemes slightly to fit the personnel.

It wasn't just players who weren't playing much and that speaks volumes.

Irse

Post by Irse »

That coach across the river is good but I think NOrvell will be very picky when he decides to move to another coaching position.
ImageImage

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Hogster, I know you've heard a lot of names, but what do you think of Willie Fritz of Tulane? A lot of people have suggested him and think he can coach.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!