June Jones new Houston XFL HC

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
BigWave96744

June Jones new Houston XFL HC

Post by BigWave96744 »

JJ & the RNS is back in Houston
Hope to see some Hawaii guys on the roster
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... franchise/

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: June Jones new Houston XFL HC

Post by My3Cats »

I guess that JJ must enjoy the challenge. Canadian Football League was a more stable job. XFL is high risk. AAF didn't finish their inaugural season. But best of luck Coach!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Enjoy the challenge, or still got something to prove. Being UH's GOAT is not enough. I think the way he left, must have "bother" him too. Like he is trying to write the last chapter of his book. Got to finish it on a high note, whatever that means to him. Just wondering why there's no D1 offer? Like Rolo said, the coaching brotherhood is a tight one. Word gets around. So maybe there is something about JJ that would lead many teams to pass on him, and choose someone else, despite his better resume.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

A lot of Div 1 football schools in Texas. Which means a lot of talent that just misses the NFL. This could be a fun job for JJ.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

cabanalane wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:49 pm Enjoy the challenge, or still got something to prove. Being UH's GOAT is not enough. I think the way he left, must have "bother" him too. Like he is trying to write the last chapter of his book. Got to finish it on a high note, whatever that means to him. Just wondering why there's no D1 offer? Like Rolo said, the coaching brotherhood is a tight one. Word gets around. So maybe there is something about JJ that would lead many teams to pass on him, and choose someone else, despite his better resume.
I think he prefers coaching at the pro level more. I mean he never did enjoy the recruiting aspect of college football.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

True, as one get older, they don't want to deal with all the BS of watching kids grow and mature into men. As a Pro, I would think most Pro players should already have that work ethics and show up for practice and prepared.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Jones said he enjoyed his time at Hamilton but the XFL’s shorter season will enable him to “spend six months in Hawaii.” The XFL is divided into two divisions, with each team playing 10 regular-season games. The postseason will consist of two semifinal games and the championship.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/05/ ... franchise/

He will be 67 when the XFL season starts. Shorter schedule means more time for golf and relaxation which sounds like he wanted. Also, it's much warmer in Houston than Canada.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Sounds like he just wants to live (and work) in Hawaii. And the job in Hawaii is taken.

If Rolo gets an offer for Ohio State (joking), I bet JJ's resume is already attached and ready to sent.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

cabanalane wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 am Sounds like he just wants to live (and work) in Hawaii. And the job in Hawaii is taken.

If Rolo gets an offer for Ohio State (joking), I bet JJ's resume is already attached and ready to sent.
I think the days of June returning to coach at UH is over but he got some familiar names on his new staff:
Quarterbacks: Dan Morrison – Previous job was Offensive Assistant and Quarterbacks Coach for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (CFL).

Offensive Line: John Estes – Previous job was as Offensive Graduate Assistant at the University of Hawai’i (NCAA).*

Linebackers: Tom Mason – Previous job was Linebackers Coach for the Memphis Express (AAF).

Parkpill
Starter
Starter
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Browns

Post by Parkpill »

I'm glad John Estes has a coaching gig now. Solid guy, and loves to teach the game.