Kipper Commits to Oregon State

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Kipper Commits to Oregon State

Post by Irse »

Big loss and very bothersome to me that two offensive starters are transferring.
https://twitter.com/BrandonKipper/status/954607483472850944
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Kipper transferring

Post by shrek2 »

I think it was already made clear that Collie's decision to transfer was good for Collie's academic endeavors. There is probably an underlying reason why Kipper is leaving. Based on his attributes, Hawaii may be losing an asset to UH football.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Has to be homesick. Conceding a starting position at the FBS level is not a decision to be made on a whim.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

I had no problem with Collie leaving. Kipper is a big loss. I hope that this doesn't start a trend and start seeing other players leaving the program.
How do the scholarships work? Does this open up two more for February signings?

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

J-Rod wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:03 am Has to be homesick. Conceding a starting position at the FBS level is not a decision to be made on a whim.
To pursue wrestling? He had high major interest as an undefeated two time state champion and won his division at the tournament of champions in Reno. Immediate eligibility with 4 to play 4.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

honu888 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:18 am I had no problem with Collie leaving. Kipper is a big loss. I hope that this doesn't start a trend and start seeing other players leaving the program.
Nope. Schools are limited to 25 initial scholarships maximum for each year. But the two scholarships can be awarded to someone already in the program who is eligible. I think that walk-ons out of high school have to complete two seasons before they become eligible.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

I wouldn't be surprised if more O players transfer. Good luck to Kipper.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

My3Cats wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:33 pm
honu888 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:18 am I had no problem with Collie leaving. Kipper is a big loss. I hope that this doesn't start a trend and start seeing other players leaving the program.
Nope. Schools are limited to 25 initial scholarships maximum for each year. But the two scholarships can be awarded to someone already in the program who is eligible. I think that walk-ons out of high school have to complete two seasons before they become eligible.
Okay, Thanks for clarifying. Mahalo!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Duster wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:49 am
J-Rod wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:03 am Has to be homesick. Conceding a starting position at the FBS level is not a decision to be made on a whim.
To pursue wrestling? He had high major interest as an undefeated two time state champion and won his division at the tournament of champions in Reno. Immediate eligibility with 4 to play 4.
he's drawing interest from national college wrestling powers like Oklahoma State, George Mason, Wyoming and Northern Colorado.
http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/hi ... 2729.html

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

The BYU game I watched as the BYU DE went right around Kipper, the very next play Kipper got pancaked on a bull rush. The camera's caught a dejected Kipper with his hands on his hip, staring at the ground and shaking his head. I have never seen a reaction like that from a player at any level. I thought then that a senior/player or coach better encourage the young freshman, or we may lose him. Check out the BYU game tape, and tell me if any of you see it differently.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:51 pm I wouldn't be surprised if more O players transfer. Good luck to Kipper.
Dru xfering too, and there will be more.

ewabeach76
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ewabeach76 »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:51 pm The BYU game I watched as the BYU DE went right around Kipper, the very next play Kipper got pancaked on a bull rush. The camera's caught a dejected Kipper with his hands on his hip, staring at the ground and shaking his head. I have never seen a reaction like that from a player at any level. I thought then that a senior/player or coach better encourage the young freshman, or we may lose him. Check out the BYU game tape, and tell me if any of you see it differently.
NEVER saw a reaction like that from a player at ANY level. Where do you watch football? From pop warner to the pros their is always players that do the same thing he did. But I agree that players should never hang their heads in defeat.

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

stranger808 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:49 pm
stranger808 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:51 pm I wouldn't be surprised if more O players transfer. Good luck to Kipper.
Dru xfering too, and there will be more.
Any ideas who else will be transferring? Crazy thing is that I felt really good about the program after the Hawaii bowl last year. Right now I can't say I feel so good about it. Last year I was worried about losing Rolo, but this year I worry if he is the man for the job. I guess thats just how college football works outside of a few select programs.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

There's has always been players transfer and coaches leaving. But I think this movement all involve bigger names. This round involve guys that are Starters, which is rare. They are giving up their "playing time" and opportunities. Something some players can only dream of. Is there something going on?

Last year, the team was clicking and looked awesome. Then the Chris Naeole situation went down. Whatever that was really about, it must be bigger then what we know. The team didn't look the same since. Now good players are leaving.

True, we can look at every opportunity two ways. Half empty or half full. If we look at the game of football like a job. When you get pissed off and quit your job, you never said it sucked. You always said you look for a new opportunity, stay home with the kids, or going back to school. You never say it's because the job sucks or the boss is a a-hole.

uhwarriors

Re: Kipper being recruited by Oregon State & Arkansas

Post by uhwarriors »

https://twitter.com/BrandonKipper/status/958161823563268096 https://twitter.com/BrandonKipper/status/958167270110277632