But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:14 pm
Irse wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:52 pm Almost like Dak Prescott. Some thinks he's good, I don't.
So much football to watch. Never saw Dak until GB. But I would have to say he's way better than Kaepernick. He stayed in the pocket against Green Bay and takes a hit after getting the ball off. He made some good throws. Kaepernick used to piss me off because he would stare down his primary receiver then take off when the receiver wasn't open. He's no Russell Wilson or Tom Brady but he looks NFL caliber.
At best he's an average NFL QB. Some of the Dallas fans think he is top 5. Dak wants to get paid that way. I say that he is overrated. He doesn't throw many guys open. On his first pick yesterday, if that pass was put where it should have been, it would have been a TD instead of going off Cooper's hands and picked by the DB. It may have changed the whole complexion of the game.

Not comparing Dak as a QB to Kap. Just pointing out that some think more highly of him that he really he's really worth, just like Kap.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

LinkAnd yet we tolerate this kind of hooliganism...and pay well for it...

Yeah...there are many, highly paid quarterbacks that aren't worth a little of what Kap is. Still, I'd give him a chance. (Pittsburgh?)

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Irse wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:02 am

At best he's an average NFL QB. Some of the Dallas fans think he is top 5. Dak wants to get paid that way. I say that he is overrated. He doesn't throw many guys open. On his first pick yesterday, if that pass was put where it should have been, it would have been a TD instead of going off Cooper's hands and picked by the DB. It may have changed the whole complexion of the game.

Not comparing Dak as a QB to Kap. Just pointing out that some think more highly of him that he really he's really worth, just like Kap.
As a college and NFL starter his stats are impressive. I agree, Dak sucks. Colin says politically correct things, but do we want to watch the best players play or the most politically correct!!!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Colin Kaepernick gets his big tryout this weekend with the NFL. 11 teams are expected to show with Cleveland being one of them. Don't know if Pittsburg is going to show up but I think Baker Mayfield of Cleveland is was better than Mason Rudolph who was involved in a brawl which I think was escalated by him as well as the DE for Cleveland.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/br ... spartanntp
Unfortunately the game of football is a team sport and Kaepernick has to show in his interviews with the 11 teams that he is not about the individual and his cause but the team. Stephen A Smith said in an ESPN interview today that he is a great running quarterback. In my personal opinion, Pittsburg should show up for Kaepernick because Mason Rudolph should be suspended for trying to take the helmet of the DE before the DE took off his helmet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eef-l5pcEIk
For me personally, I've never been a Kaepernick fan but I hope he gets a chance with Pittsburg as he seems like he is probably better than Rudolph. But Kaepernick wants a $20M contract which may be an issue. A backup quarterback with 7 years of experience is suppose to get slightly under $1M but hope he gets a chance on some team.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:25 pm Colin Kaepernick gets his big tryout this weekend with the NFL. 11 teams are expected to show with Cleveland being one of them. Don't know if Pittsburg is going to show up but I think Baker Mayfield of Cleveland is was better than Mason Rudolph who was involved in a brawl which I think was escalated by him as well as the DE for Cleveland.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/br ... spartanntp
Unfortunately the game of football is a team sport and Kaepernick has to show in his interviews with the 11 teams that he is not about the individual and his cause but the team. Stephen A Smith said in an ESPN interview today that he is a great running quarterback. In my personal opinion, Pittsburg should show up for Kaepernick because Mason Rudolph should be suspended for trying to take the helmet of the DE before the DE took off his helmet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eef-l5pcEIk
For me personally, I've never been a Kaepernick fan but I hope he gets a chance with Pittsburg as he seems like he is probably better than Rudolph. But Kaepernick wants a $20M contract which may be an issue. A backup quarterback with 7 years of experience is suppose to get slightly under $1M but hope he gets a chance on some team.
I he really wants a $20 mil contract, that may be a big sticking point. Don't know if anyone is willing to give out that big of a contract to a guy who may or may not become a starter.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

When it comes to the amount of money in a contract, beggars can't be choosey. And Kaep has been begging for a long, long time.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Kaepernick is a 6 year veteran in the NFL. In 2019, the minimum salary for a 6 year veteran is $805,000. If any team signs him for a lot more than than, they are wasting their money while probably pissing off a significant portion of their fans.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I would like to see Kaepernick signed by somebody so that they can get this subject out of the sporting news along with all the controversy surrounding this subject.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Man, I was really hoping for some team to sign him up so they can end this conspiracy thing and find out that he's not all that good. I had no problem with his kneeling, I just didn't like his QB play.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/co ... spartandhp

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Kaep sealed his fate with his boorish behavior. He still has to Hollywood it. If my name was Corey Paredes, I would be laughing my head off because of Kaep's antics.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:59 pm Kaep sealed his fate with his boorish behavior. He still has to Hollywood it. If my name was Corey Paredes, I would be laughing my head off because of Kaep's antics.
Who is Corey Paredes. ;-)

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Colin Kaepernick...a man ahead of his time?

Link

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Colin Kaepernick will get a tryout with the LA Chargers.
https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news/co ... rkout-list
He was never really all that good to me. The only thing he did was his kneeling after sitting for the national anthem caught on as a symbol protesting social injustice. I wish he could talk better rather than give these one word answers so that he could represent what he was trying to say with his kneeling. No talk of Michael Brown or Philando Castile.

I hope he plays for the Chargers. I never watch them anyway.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:00 pm Colin Kaepernick will get a tryout with the LA Chargers.
He was never really all that good to me. The only thing he did was his kneeling after sitting for the national anthem caught on as a symbol protesting social injustice. I wish he could talk better rather than give these one word answers so that he could represent what he was trying to say with his kneeling. No talk of Michael Brown or Philando Castile.

I agree. I never really thought he was any good. BTW, I gave up on the Chargers when they moved back to Los Angeles. Shoulda stayed in San Diego.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:17 pm
shrek2 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:00 pm Colin Kaepernick will get a tryout with the LA Chargers.

I agree. I never really thought he was any good. BTW, I gave up on the Chargers when they moved back to Los Angeles. Shoulda stayed in San Diego.
Kap was great...both in the NFL and NCAA. His time as a starting QB may be done. His expression of outrage to the bullies is complete. Bulls on Parade!