But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Re: But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:15 pm
Makana wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:33 am Hey I'm back!!! Forgot all about this thread!!! Snarky.......reading compre.......nevermind. Just setting the record straight here.

But now you went and threw a Jeff Garcia and Colin Kaepernick comparison out there, smh. But to answer your questions in bold, the answer is YES, he did out perform Kaepernick. Garcia threw 30+ TD's back to back in 2000 and 2001, he also passed for 4,200 yards and went to the Pro Bowl three straight seasons. Krapernick has only passed for 20 TD's ONCE......ONCE!!!!! And he could barely sniff 3,000 yards passing....he also went to ZERO Pro Bowls. Krapernick had top 3 and 5 defenses to back him up, Garcia only had a top 13 at best to back him up.

So I hope this puts the "How well did Garcia fare in the NFL? Did he out-perform Kap?" to bed.
Garcia would throw as many interceptions as touchdowns in any given season...and sometimes more. His Pro Bowl selection means his peers respected him...so that's something. Kap's qb rating was consistently higher and he definitely threw a lot less picks. He also played in a Super Bowl...something Garcia never did.

I wish you luck with your 49ers. I'm sorry you feel the need to disrespect Kaepernick. Dude carried your boys to a Super Bowl.
True, Garcia did throw a bit more picks than I wanted to see, BUT from 2000 to 2003 he passed for 102 TD's while maintaining a 63.3 cmp/pct from 1,985 pass attempts. Those numbers trump Kapernick's overall career numbers as a 49er and I didn't even include Garcia's 1999 season. In Kaepernick's career as a 49er he's only attempted 1,692 pass attempts with a 60.5 cmp/pct and passed for 72 TD's to 30 INT's, but keep believing Kaepernick was better.

I keep giving you cold hard facts and all you can do is keep making false claims. And me disrespecting Kaepernick, please!! How soon you forget how he disrespected the American Flag, putting himself before the team. Kaepernick was paid a muti million dollar contract to be an NFL QB and not some silly activist.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

You reap what you sow. He got what he deserved. Next. LOL
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Yeah, this post is old. In my personal opinion, Kaepernick was a good college quarterback because he could run. UH has always had problems with running quarterbacks even the ones at UNLV. I never thought of Kaepernick as starring in the NFL because of the lack of passing in the pistol offense. I thought it was a big mistake by Trent Baalke to pick him so high in the draft. He filled in for Alex Smith the year that they went to the Superbowl due to injury to Alex. Alex Smith played most of the games during that regular season. Defenses were not aware of Kaepernick's running ability but once they got used to it, and he was forced in the pocket, he couldn't make the touch pass.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

My $0.02 on this is....the ONLY reason Kaepernick made a fuss out of kneeling during the national anthem was that he knew full well he was going to get cut by the Niners due to mainly a really crappy W-L record as a pro QB :roll: and he was due, I believe, $14 million on his contract if he didn't get cut by a certain date or whatever. So...he does the knelling thing as a way to keep him with the Niners due to negative press if they were to cut him before he got the money without the press and public getting smart putting 2 and 2 together :roll:

Just my opinion here...he only did that just for the extra few millions....NOT for anybody he was claiming to honor by kneeling!

I'll probably get blasted for my opinion on this but....I honestly don't care what anyone else thinks on this.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I give Kap a lot of credit for sacrificing his career for his BLM cause. His adopted mom and dad supported him well in athletics. The mom called out all the bigoted parents who showed up at Kaepernick's little league games in Turlock. I don't think he thought this well out when he dis'ed the flag and national anthem. Football is a game of entertainment and it alienated a lot of veterans, relatives of veterans, and the general public who thought it was sacred to stand for the national anthem. So, football loses revenue because people disagree with kneeling. It's one thing to protest in a march to Washington, its another to sit while the national anthem is playing on the grand stage.

But in my own personal opinion, it was painful to watch Kaepernick play after taking over to Alex Smith. I lost interest in watching the 49ers the year after he took over for Alex Smith. Actually I wasn't too fond of watching Alex Smith as well because, he too, came from a running quarterback school. I watched the 49ers because of Harbaugh and how he was able to take both Alex and Colin and turn them into QBs although both had limitations in the NFL.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I could care less for anyone that disrespects the National Anthem, What the American flag stands for. You reap what you sow. We pay dearly to keep our freedom and liberty everyday.

If Kaepernick took his fight to the police then I would respect him for standing up. His fight should be with the states that are not punishing wrong doing by their hired police officers.

I too do not see Kaepernick as a good QB. Not even a Fair QB. Actually I wish someone would take him so I could watch him get HAMMERED! Hahahahahahahaha!!!
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Just so everybody understands what was going on when Kaepernick was quarterback at SF, here's an article about him wearing a Miami Dolphins hat in 2013. Just emphasizes his lack of maturity in thinking things through before doing things.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/169 ... lphins-hat

If you click on the links you'll find that his parents continue to support him and he alienated some of his teammates. Not something you should do in a game that requires team support. In his QB play I saw him go out of bounds stopping the clock when he needed to slide in bounds to keep the clock rolling to run out the time when the 49ers were winning.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Kap took his team to a Superbowl. Dude was not perfect...no quarterback is. He was statistically the best of all time in many categories. Too bad winning teams couldn't accept his political views.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

wyokie wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:12 pm My $0.02 on this is....the ONLY reason Kaepernick made a fuss out of kneeling during the national anthem was that he knew full well he was going to get cut by the Niners due to mainly a really crappy W-L record as a pro QB :roll: and he was due, I believe, $14 million on his contract if he didn't get cut by a certain date or whatever. So...he does the knelling thing as a way to keep him with the Niners due to negative press if they were to cut him before he got the money without the press and public getting smart putting 2 and 2 together :roll:

Just my opinion here...he only did that just for the extra few millions....NOT for anybody he was claiming to honor by kneeling!

I'll probably get blasted for my opinion on this but....I honestly don't care what anyone else thinks on this.
Wyokie, maybe you have something here. Here's an article about him being offered $7M instead of the $11.5M he was going to get at SF. Maybe his heart wasn't fully in the game after his poor showing in 2016. I still think he was never NFL material other than a few games where the opponents never realized he was so fast.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/br ... smsnnews11

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Jimmy G...3 interceptions today. This may be reminiscent of the curse of the Bambino. Nike stock up 31% after showcasing Kap's plight. Yeah...I didn't burn any of my Nike's. I would definitely buy an Air Jordan version of Kap's.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:18 am Jimmy G...3 interceptions today. This may be reminiscent of the curse of the Bambino. Nike stock up 31% after showcasing Kap's plight. Yeah...I didn't burn any of my Nike's. I would definitely buy an Air Jordan version of Kap's.
How are those Air Jordans? You like Nike? I'm more of a New Balance type person because they have the wide sizes.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Nike's, for me, are more durable than New Balance. I never owned a pair of Jordans. They were a boss move by Nike back in the day. The current campaign with Kap appears to be another.

There are a lot of crap quarterbacks in the NFL. Mathew Stafford also threw 4 interceptions vs the Jets yesterday. Stafford has thrown 122 interceptions and fumbled 55 balls. His greatest accomplishments were losing 3 Wild Card Playoffs.

San Francisco paid Jimmy Garropolo $150 million...?!!!!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:55 am Nike's, for me, are more durable than New Balance. I never owned a pair of Jordans. They were a boss move by Nike back in the day. The current campaign with Kap appears to be another.

There are a lot of crap quarterbacks in the NFL. Mathew Stafford also threw 4 interceptions vs the Jets yesterday. Stafford has thrown 122 interceptions and fumbled 55 balls. His greatest accomplishments were losing 3 Wild Card Playoffs.

San Francisco paid Jimmy Garropolo $150 million...?!!!!
You make a good point about overpaid quarterbacks. Jimmy Garoppolo is guaranteed $74M over the duration of the contract and Stafford is guaranteed $60M over the duration of his contracted. With incentive laced contracts Jimmy Garoppolo can make $137M under the contract. Nobody knows the specifics what the incentives are. Richard Sherman also has an incentive laced contract as well and to my knowledge he has to perform as he did before his injury in order to get the money. So, Jimmy Garoppolo is guaranteed $15M if they don't get into the playoffs. All pro athletes are paid highly but so are these kids in Silicon Valley. One computer programmer was offered $500,000 to work at the startup and he declined because he was already making $3M at Google.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

So...is San Fran gonna call Kap to replace the reckless 'rookie' Jimmy G? It was a lovely Cinderella story but the reality is that the kid was not ready to start. At the moment I'm loving Mahomes at KC, Darnold at NY, and Baker Mayfield.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:21 am So...is San Fran gonna call Kap to replace the reckless 'rookie' Jimmy G? It was a lovely Cinderella story but the reality is that the kid was not ready to start. At the moment I'm loving Mahomes at KC, Darnold at NY, and Baker Mayfield.
What about former Wyoming QB, Josh Allen at Buffalo? He scored 21 of the Bills' 27 points in their blowout win over the Vikings last week. BTW, the Bills were 17 point underdogs!!!