But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Parkpill
Starter
Starter
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Browns

Re: But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Post by Parkpill »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:32 pm IDK, Stephen A. and Max Kellerman seem impressed with Kaep. I think I'll settle with the estimation given by the two professional sport's writers. The kid made some errors in judgement but he was also artfully demonized.
LOL, "professional sports writers". :roll:

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Parkpill wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:14 am
SundayJam wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:32 pm IDK, Stephen A. and Max Kellerman seem impressed with Kaep. I think I'll settle with the estimation given by the two professional sport's writers. The kid made some errors in judgement but he was also artfully demonized.
LOL, "professional sports writers". :roll:
EXACTLY! :roll:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Yeah...Kaepernick never was any good. Look, I get how you haters want to cast Kaepernick as anti-American or anti-police. He's not. He was upset about the unfair treatment of black Americans by law enforcement. As a young successful athlete, he made a statement against the unfair treatment of black Americans by law enforcement. We tolerate all kinds of antisocial and illegal behavior by NFL athletes. Kaep hasn't done any of that. We give so many degenerates second and third chances but we won't give this gifted athlete a second chance because...he never was any good.

Parkpill
Starter
Starter

Post by Parkpill »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:36 am Yeah...Kaepernick never was any good. Look, I get how you haters want to cast Kaepernick as anti-American or anti-police. He's not. He was upset about the unfair treatment of black Americans by law enforcement. As a young successful athlete, he made a statement against the unfair treatment of black Americans by law enforcement. We tolerate all kinds of antisocial and illegal behavior by NFL athletes. Kaep hasn't done any of that. We give so many degenerates second and third chances but we won't give this gifted athlete a second chance because...he never was any good.
I guess you never bothered to read my initial post on this? I never said he wasn't any good. I said he chose the absolute worst way to bring this to light. Wearing pig socks? GTFOH. His actions directly affect the well being of law enforcement officers while trying to do their jobs. The level of disrespect for law enforcement officers by today's youth is outrageous. Expecting support for his cause while disrespecting half the nation was dumb. While corrupt police officers do exist (and they should be dealt with accordingly), many of these cases were falsely reported by the lying mainstream media.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Parkpill wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:00 am
SundayJam wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:36 am Yeah...Kaepernick never was any good. Look, I get how you haters want to cast Kaepernick as anti-American or anti-police. He's not. He was upset about the unfair treatment of black Americans by law enforcement. As a young successful athlete, he made a statement against the unfair treatment of black Americans by law enforcement. We tolerate all kinds of antisocial and illegal behavior by NFL athletes. Kaep hasn't done any of that. We give so many degenerates second and third chances but we won't give this gifted athlete a second chance because...he never was any good.
I guess you never bothered to read my initial post on this? I never said he wasn't any good. I said he chose the absolute worst way to bring this to light. Wearing pig socks? GTFOH. His actions directly affect the well being of law enforcement officers while trying to do their jobs. The level of disrespect for law enforcement officers by today's youth is outrageous. Expecting support for his cause while disrespecting half the nation was dumb. While corrupt police officers do exist (and they should be dealt with accordingly), many of these cases were falsely reported by the lying mainstream media.
It's the title of the thread. I've heard so many first-hand, hair-raising tales of encounters with the police to call b.s. on that comment. It's not just the mainstream media. I was never treated unfairly by the police. Police are people just like you and me, but there are sufficient psycho/socio-studies unrelated to law-enforcement to indicate what can happen to ordinary people who are given too much power.

Parkpill
Starter
Starter

Post by Parkpill »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:27 am
Parkpill wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:00 am
It's the title of the thread. I've heard so many first-hand, hair-raising tales of encounters with the police to call b.s. on that comment. It's not just the mainstream media. I was never treated unfairly by the police. Police are people just like you and me, but there are sufficient psycho/socio-studies unrelated to law-enforcement to indicate what can happen to ordinary people who are given too much power.
I've stated above that there are corrupt law enforcement officers out there, and that they should be dealt with to the full extent of the law. However, the VAST majority of law enforcement officers are not corrupt, and the media does harp on the bad, as well as report many falsities in these cases. I'll see if I can dig up the video of a reporter who spoke out against the police, then went through a training exercise where he had to make numerous split decision call on whether or not to shoot a suspect or be killed. Needless to say he failed miserably, and came away with a deeper respect for the judgement calls that officers have to make on a daily basis. My guess is you'd be the same way.

So tell me, how does Kaepernick wearing policemen depicted as pig socks help anything? Easy answer, it doesn't. As for me, if I'm out in the field and it's between me or the suspect going home to our families at the end of the day, I can guarantee you it's going to be me.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

The problem with Colin Kaepernick is nobody really understood what causes he stood for, like BLM or, Excessive Use of Force or, Unfair treatment of minorities by police or whatever. He could kneel real good but couldn't express his views very well. He grew up in a privileged white household in Turlock. To me, he's an oreo playing to the black audience. MHO. Even Megan Rapinoe, a white female, can address social issues better than he can.

I look at his football play at Nevada in replay, not impressed and I watched his play at 49ers and it made me not want to watch the 49ers any more. And, it wasn't because of kneeling but it was because he was missing his receivers. I started watching the 49ers again, not because of the QB but their rush defense. I think Cole McDonald is a better runner than Kaepernick and at this stage in his career a better passer.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Parkpill wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:24 am
So tell me, how does Kaepernick wearing policemen depicted as pig socks help anything? Easy answer, it doesn't. As for me, if I'm out in the field and it's between me or the suspect going home to our families at the end of the day, I can guarantee you it's going to be me.
The pig socks helped nothing. He was immature. Whether Colin was motivated by sensational reporting or not, he felt the need to make a statement. You are right: there are bad cops and bad reporters out there. One can be lethal while the other can make your job difficult at times. I believe Kaepernick was protesting the bad ones. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? I never heard of Colin otherwise disrespecting the good law-enforcers. The NFL could have easily banned the protest by writing it into their bi-laws. The protest could have been handled better on both sides. I don't think it should end a player's career.

Anyway, I wish you the best and hope the need to use lethal force never arises for you.

Parkpill
Starter
Starter

Post by Parkpill »

Kaepernick was free to do whatever he chose to do. My whole point is he went about his approach to the situation in totally the wrong way. Alienating half the population isn't a great way to get people behind your cause, no matter what it is. He could have met with police heads, set up programs that brought officers together with minority youth, etc. I'm of the opinion that the players have the right to kneel, but don't expect me to back you up when I believe it to be extremely disrespectful.

Try to put yourself in an officer's shoes the next time you hear of a suspect being shot. Be well.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:54 pm The problem with Colin Kaepernick is nobody really understood what causes he stood for, like BLM or, Excessive Use of Force or, Unfair treatment of minorities by police or whatever. He could kneel real good but couldn't express his views very well. He grew up in a privileged white household in Turlock. To me, he's an oreo playing to the black audience. MHO. Even Megan Rapinoe, a white female, can address social issues better than he can.

I look at his football play at Nevada in replay, not impressed and I watched his play at 49ers and it made me not want to watch the 49ers any more. And, it wasn't because of kneeling but it was because he was missing his receivers. I started watching the 49ers again, not because of the QB but their rush defense. I think Cole McDonald is a better runner than Kaepernick and at this stage in his career a better passer.
The last Super Bowl ever for a San Francisco team was captained by Colin. Think on that.

I'm surprised at how shallow fans can be. Here is a good guy...whom I don't like as a Hawaii fan...that nobody cares to give a second chance simply because he made a political statement. We condone all manner of predators and abusers in the NFL and yet cannot give a break to one who only made a political statement. Yeah...he never was any good.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:57 am
shrek2 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:54 pm The problem with Colin Kaepernick is nobody really understood what causes he stood for, like BLM or, Excessive Use of Force or, Unfair treatment of minorities by police or whatever. He could kneel real good but couldn't express his views very well. He grew up in a privileged white household in Turlock. To me, he's an oreo playing to the black audience. MHO. Even Megan Rapinoe, a white female, can address social issues better than he can.

The last Super Bowl ever for a San Francisco team was captained by Colin. Think on that.

I'm surprised at how shallow fans can be. Here is a good guy...whom I don't like as a Hawaii fan...that nobody cares to give a second chance simply because he made a political statement. We condone all manner of predators and abusers in the NFL and yet cannot give a break to one who only made a political statement. Yeah...he never was any good.
I am not impressed with Colin Kaepernick as a NFL football player. I'm glad you are. Not talking about politics except for the fact I'm not sure what cause he stood/stands for. Watch his replays and have a good time.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:14 am
SundayJam wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:57 am

I am not impressed with Colin Kaepernick as a NFL football player. I'm glad you are. Not talking about politics except for the fact I'm not sure what cause he stood/stands for. Watch his replays and have a good time.
Almost like Dak Prescott. Some thinks he's good, I don't.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

72 TD's 30 INT's in 5 seasons as a starter at San Francisco. At Nevada he rushed for 59 TD's and threw 82 Td's.
some Nevada paper wrote:During his time at Nevada and with the San Francisco 49ers, quarterback Colin Kaepernick was known for his strong work ethic.

He was always the first one to the practice facility and among the last to leave. And despite not playing in the NFL since 2016, that work ethic apparently hasn't waned.

Kaepernick, who played for Nevada from 2006-10, posted a 59-second video on Twitter on Wednesday that simply said, "5 a.m. 5 days a week. For 3 years. Still Ready." Kaepernick has been blackballed from the league since that 2016 season in which he knelt during the national anthem before games as a sign of protest against police brutality against minorities.

Kaepernick hasn't gotten as much as an NFL workout since then despite his strong performance in the NFL, which included two NFC championship game berths as well as one Super Bowl appearance, a 34-31 loss to Baltimore in which Kaepernick completed 16-of-28 passes for 302 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He also rushed seven times for 62 yards and a score.

Now 31 years old, Kaepernick completed 196-of-331 passes (59.2 percent) for 2,241 yards with 16 touchdowns and four interceptions in 12 games in 2016, his last year in the league. He rushed for 468 and two touchdowns. Kaepernick went 1-10 as a starter that season for the downtrodden 49ers, although he posted the 17th-best quarterback rating and 21st-best QBR in the league in 2016.
So far, the only damning evidence against Kap has been a photo of him wearing police pig socks. Would you give him a chance if he said sorry for wearing the socks?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:52 pm Almost like Dak Prescott. Some thinks he's good, I don't.
So much football to watch. Never saw Dak until GB. But I would have to say he's way better than Kaepernick. He stayed in the pocket against Green Bay and takes a hit after getting the ball off. He made some good throws. Kaepernick used to piss me off because he would stare down his primary receiver then take off when the receiver wasn't open. He's no Russell Wilson or Tom Brady but he looks NFL caliber.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

The Steelers and Jets could use him
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!