But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Post by SundayJam »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:17 pm Kaepernick was only good when Harbaugh "dumb-downed" the offense for him. After Harbaugh left SF, Kaep was done.
...ironically, so was San Francisco.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

While the rest of the football world will remember Kaepernick for his kneeling during the playing of the National Anthem, we Warrior fans will forever remember him for losing the game for Nevada against our Warriors and for Cory Paredes' most amazing defensive play.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

The whole game with Cory Paredes knocking the ball out reminds me of why I didn't think much of Kaepernick. UH 27 UNR 21 in 2010.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reiJGujlZTE
If you just want to see the knockout punch. Corey Paredes wanted to play football. Hope he gets to coach someday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxMTRN1W-UA

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Rolo really needs to watch this game again. I really, really miss that 2010 Warrior Offense.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

My3Cats wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:32 pm Rolo really needs to watch this game again. I really, really miss that 2010 Warrior Offense.
I miss the 2010 defense more. ;-)

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

History has a way of clarifying things. Here's a great video I found which analyzes the real causes of the demise of the San Francisco 49ers.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Parkpill
Starter
Starter
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Browns

Post by Parkpill »

Kaepernick's chose to die on the hill of kneeling. There are so many better ways to get your point across than to kneel during the national anthem. The players that kneel say they aren't disrespecting those who chose to serve and respect the flag, but failed to look at it from the other point of view. The last straw for me was when he wore those stupid okole socks, depicting cops as pigs. He could have been much more respectful and productive to his movement had he chose to go a different route. His lack of thought, cost him the support of at least half the nation. I could care less if he ever plays another down in the NFL.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I just think Kaepernick was never that good. Michael Vick and RG III could run better than him and there are much better pocket passers than him. I watched him play and I just never liked him except when he first faked out the league with his ability to run.
https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/20 ... rs-jaguars
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/coli ... -a-backup/
If he likes football still, why not join the CFL like Johnny Manziel or the new XFL. It's a competitive job to be an NFL quarterback and not given because of one half season.

Also, he wanted to be an icon like Muhammed Ali and then Megan Rapinoe but he cannot speak like the two of them. Both can/could articulate their cause and Ali only had a high school education. Rapinoe could have easily been kicked off the USWNT because there are so many good women soccer players but she knocked in some key goals during the world cup.

Parkpill
Starter
Starter
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Browns

Post by Parkpill »

I think reality has set in, and he now would settle on being a backup QB. Prior to this, his pride wouldn't let him be in the league as a backup. Personally, I don't think he has the skill set to be a starter in the league, but he could definitely be a 2nd string in the right system.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

IDK, Stephen A. and Max Kellerman seem impressed with Kaep. I think I'll settle with the estimation given by the two professional sport's writers. The kid made some errors in judgement but he was also artfully demonized.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:32 pm IDK, Stephen A. and Max Kellerman seem impressed with Kaep. I think I'll settle with the estimation given by the two professional sport's writers. The kid made some errors in judgement but he was also artfully demonized.
Those two morons have all the intelligence of a pet rock or a CSU aka Fort Fart graduate!!!!! I wouldn't trust their opinion to save my life. :roll:

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I will never know why the NFL does not know there are plenty of QB's in waiting to take the job. Colin suks big time as a QB. If they want to throw their money away they deserve it.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

We saw Kap for four year playing against us. Always feared his legs more than his arm.

He might have landed with the Ravens if his gf didn't make that stupid tweet about Ray Lewis and the Ravens' owner. He can blame her for that missed opportunity.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »