But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Post by shrek2 »

wyokie wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:52 am
What about former Wyoming QB, Josh Allen at Buffalo? He scored 21 of the Bills' 27 points in their blowout win over the Vikings last week. BTW, the Bills were 17 point underdogs!!!
I'm glad Josh Allen did well against the Vikings. The word was after the first couple of games was he wasn't as ready since he couldn't compete at pro level due to the speed coming from Wyoming. But he proved that the MWC and Wyoming has good programs. How soon they forget Derek Carr coming from Fresno State.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Jared Goff of the Rams had an amazing game against the Vikings tonight also. I've never seen a better thrown ball.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

HawaiianHogster wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:00 pm You reap what you sow. He got what he deserved. Next. LOL
Nike would disagree. Sure, initial stock reaction lowered Nike Inc. a couple of points but in the the end they were up 6 billion. Sales were up 30 million. The public voted with their dollars. YouTube videos of nerds burning their expensive gear that they'd paid good money for doesn't ad up to anything.

Kaepernick may have been a bit naive...but he's a young guy...it's understandable. They tend to be that way. His intention was correct. Sure, others have misinterpreted that message...just as they did for Ali and the U.S. Olympic athletes that raised a fist during the national anthem in their time protesting the Viet Nam war.

Were the protests or the cause they were protesting inviolable? No. Both arguments bear merit. But to demonize one protester is un-American.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:21 am So...is San Fran gonna call Kap to replace the reckless 'rookie' Jimmy G? It was a lovely Cinderella story but the reality is that the kid was not ready to start. At the moment I'm loving Mahomes at KC, Darnold at NY, and Baker Mayfield.
WTF you talk so much s*** and don't even know WTF you're talking about most of the time. Dude Jimmy G. was 8-1 as a starter in the NFL, how the f*** is that not ready to start?? Torn ACL's happen in football no matter how much you condition yourself.

If Shanahan wanted Crapernick he would've re-signed him last season or picked up his option.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

It seems you and I will always judge quarterbacks differently. Last year, Jimmy G. was a replacement quarterback with nothing to lose on a losing team. This year, with the spot light on him, he threw 3 interceptions, fumbled 4 times, and was sacked 13 times in 3 games. I'd call that reckless.

Of course Shanahan doesn't want Kap. I was just highlighting an ironic possibility.

Check out this preseason analysis of Garoppolo by ESPN: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2441 ... nfl-season
During his starts, Garoppolo's kickers have gone 22-of-22 on field goal tries and 17-of-18 on extra points. (Those numbers include a blocked extra point try by the Jaguars in 2017 but don't include a field goal Gostkowski missed against the Dolphins long after Garoppolo went down injured.) The opposing kickers in those games have gone 8-for-10 on field goals and 11-of-13 on extra points. There were 10 games last season in which a team won by kicking five field goals or more, and Garoppolo won two of them. It's tough to count on that continually occurring.
Yeah...I don't know much about fyutbol.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:35 am It seems you and I will always judge quarterbacks differently. Last year, Jimmy G. was a replacement quarterback with nothing to lose on a losing team. This year, with the spot light on him, he threw 3 interceptions, fumbled 4 times, and was sacked 13 times in 3 games. I'd call that reckless.

Of course Shanahan doesn't want Kap. I was just highlighting an ironic possibility.

Check out this preseason analysis of Garoppolo by ESPN: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2441 ... nfl-season
During his starts, Garoppolo's kickers have gone 22-of-22 on field goal tries and 17-of-18 on extra points. (Those numbers include a blocked extra point try by the Jaguars in 2017 but don't include a field goal Gostkowski missed against the Dolphins long after Garoppolo went down injured.) The opposing kickers in those games have gone 8-for-10 on field goals and 11-of-13 on extra points. There were 10 games last season in which a team won by kicking five field goals or more, and Garoppolo won two of them. It's tough to count on that continually occurring.
Yeah...I don't know much about fyutbol.
Dude you post a bunch of crap stats that don't even tell the whole story and use that to make your point. Not sure why I'll even explain this because I know you didn't watch the game. But as for his 3 INT performance vs Minny. One outta the three were actually his fault for instance the last one were he forced a pass into triple coverage. Tell me do QB's fumble the ball because they suck or is there a cause?

And how is your article even relevant to anything? So kickers have made FG's during his time as a starter what in the f*** does that have to do with Jimmy G.? QB's and teams rely on kickers all the time, a lot of Super Bowls were decided by FG's.....I guess they were meaningless too?

Again, stop trolling you know dick about the 9ers, Jimmy G. and Krapernick.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

And lol how you post someone else's analysis, would love to see you do your own analysis instead of copy and pasting.....what a joke.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Makana wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:27 pm And lol how you post someone else's analysis, would love to see you do your own analysis instead of copy and pasting.....what a joke.
Well...you don't accept my analysis so I refute. On a brighter side...Jimmy G's replacement did well today...only he didn't win.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Makana wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:25 pm
Tell me do QB's fumble the ball because they suck or is there a cause?
Yeah...I'd like to refer you to a coach Shanahan interview where he disgustedly denounces the quarterback's refusal to release the FREAKIN ball....but you'll probably accuse me of relying on a credible witness.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:20 pm
Makana wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:27 pm And lol how you post someone else's analysis, would love to see you do your own analysis instead of copy and pasting.....what a joke.
Well...you don't accept my analysis so I refute. On a brighter side...Jimmy G's replacement did well today...only he didn't win.
WHAT ANALYSIS, the one you copy and pasted? I wouldn't call that YOUR analysis and it has nothing to do with how he performed or struggled.

So how did Beathard do.....without posting any numbers, because I know them already?
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Makana wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:28 pm
So how did Beathard do.....without posting any numbers, because I know them already?
Pretty good...better than a lot of quarterbacks past?

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:59 pm
Riiiiiiight......Definitely being trolled now.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Makana wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:36 am
SundayJam wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:59 pm
Riiiiiiight......Definitely being trolled now.
A little. You're a good sport. San Fran has a close connection to Hawaii being a west coast team. My greatest attachment to the 49ers would have to be Sapolu and Montana. Both of whom were monster athletes and pretty cool people.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

The curse of the Kaepernick continues.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Kaepernick was only good when Harbaugh "dumb-downed" the offense for him. After Harbaugh left SF, Kaep was done.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.